Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    I did Chemistry, Psychology, Biology and Maths last year and got UEEU. Instead of giving up I decided to switch colleges, change my subjects and retake the year, and I chose Film Studies, Sociology and kept Psychology. Although these subjects are easier I feel that I am in a much better place mentally and am more prepared revision-wise this year. I'm predicted ABB. Retaking the year isn't as bad or as shameful as some people make it out to be, it simply means it took more time to work out where you wanted your life to go. My career choice has completely changed in the last year.

Good Luck with your exam results x
    I'm intending to remain at the same sixth form to retake my subjects (as I feel that I am capable of achieving high grades) - it's just that I go to another school for Physics so they may not allow retakes, especially since I'm technically not one of their students. The other down side is that there will be no exams at the end of Year 12 from September 2015 onwards - so I don't know how this will affect my options...

Best of luck with yours too! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
    Thanks man, you too, try your best right now and see what you get before making any big decisions.

Have you thought of doing an A-level in one year? I'm keeping that as one of my backup options in case I don't do well in one of my subjects.
    Haven't thought of that actually - it may be too difficult (especially with Maths, Chem & Physics)

(Original post by prophetkid)
    I decided not to take any AS classes, and just revise in my own time. However, the AS classes don't seem to clash with my timetable.
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    Why not just revise a lot in the summer holidays. 8/9 weeks to cover all AS content is doable. You could in this time atleast cover 2 subjects.

Then just plough through A2.

If A2 doesn't go so well take a gap year and resit then, I personally wouldn't reccomend before hand though. Also when you cover the A2 content in school it will make the AS stuff look easy.
    I guess so. Which subjects do you study? I wouldn't mind self studying if I weren't able to attend classes. In fact, I learn better alone anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishtihussain)
    Haven't thought of that actually - it may be too difficult (especially with Maths, Chem & Physics)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By that I meant that you could drop either Chem or Physics and pick up a whole new A level with your other two subjects. This would be one way of avoiding the changes of A-Level but it will require effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishtihussain)

I guess so. Which subjects do you study? I wouldn't mind self studying if I weren't able to attend classes. In fact, I learn better alone anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am doing A2 maths, FM, chem, physics (and was doing bio aswell but dropped it in March )

Have a look at examsolutions and chem revise. In the last year or so lots of a level chemistry YouTube channels have cropped up, I would reccomend using them.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.