Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youreanutter)
    what are u on track for now
    Last mock I did, I got a D overall BUT that was without proper revision like how I would be revising for my proper exam. If I work hard enough, maybe I can get a B? Or an A if the exam is nice but I highly doubt that

ReputationRep:
    Physics is by far the most enjoyable subject for me (I also do Eng Lit, History and Economics). is struggled a bit in the beginning, but now I'm on track to getting an A in my exam on Tuesday. Only got a B at GCSE Maths and an A in Physics btw. Also, got a U/E in my feb mocks, so that just goes to show it depends on how hard you work for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahimaLo)
    Physics is by far the most enjoyable subject for me (I also do Eng Lit, History and Economics). is struggled a bit in the beginning, but now I'm on track to getting an A in my exam on Tuesday. Only got a B at GCSE Maths and an A in Physics btw.
    what exam boards and did u have and wow u do five ASs u must besmart then which explains why
    what elsedid u get at gcse and howcomes u are doing well just from an A do u think do u work extremely hard?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted AA in core and additional science and an A in maths
    how hard is it and how enjoyable compared to other subjects
    It's really easy, though it's slightly boring because of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jai Sandhu)
    If you do maths and further maths like myself physics is a joke A level by which I mean extremely easy.
    don't see why, unless you do mechanics modules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    It's really easy, though it's slightly boring because of this.
    what did u get in gcse for each and what are u getting now and what do u plan to do at uni

ReputationRep:
    what did u get in gcse for each and what are u getting now and what do u plan to do at uni
    I already told you in the other thread.

ReputationRep:
    what exam boards and did u have and wow u do five ASs u must besmart then which explains why
    what elsedid u get at gcse and howcomes u are doing well just from an A do u think do u work extremely hard?
    No, I only do 4 AS subjects. I think I work relatively hard, I aim to do about 3 papers a week, and go over at least one with one of my teachers a week, and i find all the questions I possibly can on a topic and do those to. I think I only do this much bc I actually enjoy Physics (and i really don't want a C, hahaa)

I got 4 A*, 4A's a B and a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrjowanna)
    I'm currently in Year 12 and doing Physics AS. In my opinion, it's probably the most enjoyable science (I do Biology and Chemistry as well), reason being that the it's logical. Once you understand something in Physics, it's a lot easier to remember and I don't spend as much time on it as I do with Biology or Chemistry when revising (although I probably should :/)

I remember back in September that it took me a while to get used to the gap between GCSEs and AS but if you work on it and ask your teacher for help, you'll be fine
    If you enjoy learning new concepts, then go for it

ReputationRep:
    I would strongly advice you to take AS Maths with Physics. I did AS Physics WITHOUT Maths last year and I got a really bad grade because of this. However this year I am retaking it with maths and I'm finding the concepts a lot more easier to understand and getting high grades when doing past papers ^_^

I also switched exam boards which could be another reason (from AQA to OCR). OCR has a Unit 1 paper purely for mechanics. If you do decide to pick Maths, choosing the M1 module would be really helpful as they both have similar topics such as moments and dynamics.

ReputationRep:
    whatc exam board did u do what did u get in gcse for each and what are u getting now and what do u plan to do at uni
    I'm doing OCR Physics A for A-level, at GCSE I got two A*'s in maths, I did maths methods and maths applications, and A* in physics.

At AS I got B in physics, I got an A in the coursework, a D in the mechanics module, and an A in the electrons waves and photons paper.

This year i'm retaking the mechanics paper and hope to get an a overall.

In maths i'm doing OCR MEI, at AS i got a B, I got a C in c1, and B's in c2 and s1. Im retaking all three this year and hope to get A* overall

I don't know what to do at uni yet, i'm still deciding whether i want to do an arts course, or something based around maths, as I enjoy both.

ReputationRep:
    wow is it really that hard as im only predicted an AA in double science

Nothing is too hard...All you need to do is focus on the subject!
    Hmm doing just double science may set you back a little from what i studied on the OCR board the unit 3 exams for GCSE were a good link into physics.

I got A* in biology chemistry physics and History --> just going to list the subjects i took onto AS
    I got for AS physics an A with extremely hard work and neglecting my other subjects but literally scraped an A by a few marks
    I've now got an offer to study medicine at university, but i doesn't need physics so i just dropped it for A2

ReputationRep:
    wow is it really that hard as im only predicted an AA in double science

GCSE: A*A*A* (science) A* (maths) A* (history) AAA (geography and english) B (music) C (french)

AS: Our school does AS in year 13 along with A2 but if you are doing FM you get the option of doing AS maths which I did, got 100 UMS in C1, C2 and M1.

Predicts: A*A*A*A in M, FM, Phys, Econ

Applied for: Maths, firm choice Warwick - A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Distinction in AEA or A*AA + 1 in Step

Bath back up - A*AA or A*AB + 2 in STEP/Merit in AEA or A*A*A + 1 in STEP with no further maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    don't see why, unless you do mechanics modules?
    If you do M1 and M2, physics mechanics is easy as hell and if you are doing FM you will be doing M1 and M2, I do M1, M2 and M3.

ReputationRep:
    I had a couple of friends who did it, it is a lot of maths so if you enjoy maths go for it, also look at the teacher who is teaching the subject, if they are good, they will make the subject more enjoyable to study. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jai Sandhu)
    If you do M1 and M2, physics mechanics is easy as hell and if you are doing FM you will be doing M1 and M2, I do M1, M2 and M3.
    Not necessarily, at our school no mechanics modules are done in either AS maths or AS Further Maths..

ReputationRep:
    I got 7A*s in Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geog, Mandarin, Eng lang
    4 As in Music, Drama, French, Eng lit

Right now, I'm doing AS Maths, Bio, Chem, Physics (OCR A)

Not sure what to do at uni but maybe something Biology related or finance related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    Not necessarily, at our school no mechanics modules are done in either AS maths or AS Further Maths..
    You will do it at some point though. My school does AS and A2 in year 13 but everyone doing further maths will study M1 and M2 at some point, if not I would be highly surprised.

ReputationRep:
    I would very much recommend physics. It is a really cool, interesting subject that can open a lot of doors in your future. The only issue that I have is that some of the questions are poorly worded and the mark schemes for the written questions can be a bit dodgy (AQA exam board). Still, it is absolutely worth doing. Some people do really struggle with it so you do need a good natural ability in understanding why things interact the way they do.

I got a B in additional science (B in the physics), an A in core science and a B in maths. They're not considered to be incredible grades but some work and enjoyment for the subject can get you through it. I'm targeting AAAA in my AS this year so it can be done. I would seriously recommend maths as I don't know a single person who does it and dislikes it. Again, it gives you a huge opportunity for the future and even if you don't love maths now, you'll probably come to find its your favourite subject.

I would advise watching some physics related documentaries or something to build that basic understanding. Do this in your free time as you should enjoy them, otherwise physics may not be the subject for you. I would recommend Prof. Brian Cox's Wonders of the Solar System and the Wonders of the Universe. They are what made me realise that I love physics and he explains things to you in a way that is easy to understand.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatOnMotors)
    I would very much recommend physics. It is a really cool, interesting subject that can open a lot of doors in your future. The only issue that I have is that some of the questions are poorly worded and the mark schemes for the written questions can be a bit dodgy (AQA exam board). Still, it is absolutely worth doing. Some people do really struggle with it so you do need a good natural ability in understanding why things interact the way they do.

I got a B in additional science (B in the physics), an A in core science and a B in maths. They're not considered to be incredible grades but some work and enjoyment for the subject can get you through it. I'm targeting AAAA in my AS this year so it can be done. I would seriously recommend maths as I don't know a single person who does it and dislikes it. Again, it gives you a huge opportunity for the future and even if you don't love maths now, you'll probably come to find its your favourite subject.

I would advise watching some physics related documentaries or something to build that basic understanding. Do this in your free time as you should enjoy them, otherwise physics may not be the subject for you. I would recommend Prof. Brian Cox's Wonders of the Solar System and the Wonders of the Universe. They are what made me realise that I love physics and he explains things to you in a way that is easy to understand.

Good luck!
    thanks for reply and what did u get in gcse for ur subjects and what are u getting now and what do u plan to do at uni

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.