Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, do you not feel at all guilty about ignorning messages? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because it's bad manners, and if this is the type of attitude women are installing into their children that it's okay to act like people don't exist and ignore them then I fear for the future. In an age of SOCIAL media, why be so anti-social?

Really? Just because you say hi to someone of the opposite sex it means you want to have sex with them? I've had women who are married and not even attractive text me 'hey' plenty of times just out of the blue and I didn't consider sleeping with them. Again, why add someone you don't know to your Facebook or give your number out to someone to just met if you never intend to communicate with them?

Do you give your number out to people you have no intention of talking to?
    Nobody actually cares this much unless they are severely butthurt.

Look on TSR, you will see many more girls with messages on their VM wall, just saying random **** like 'hey', 'what do u study?', 'lol at our last convo' than guys and you just know if they were not girls, the random guy would not have said that.

No I don't, at the same time, if I do want to strike up a conversation with a stranger, I would make sure I have something engaging to say

ReputationRep:
    I do agree with that, I hate it also, but how are you going to know what someone is like to talk to in the first place unless you get past the inital 'Hi' stage? lol.

Let's say you add me on Facebook and don't know me and have never met me but feel like you might want to talk to me what else are you going to say but 'hi' or 'hey' to start the conversation of? When I see the initial 'hey' flash up as a new message I wouldn't just ignore it because I am not that type of person, I think it's rude. Same thing applies to text messaging also.
    I don't see the point in the initial hi stage. I meet new people at parties or whatever and if I give them my number, it would only be because we'd had enough of a conversation that the initial hi stage wouldn't happen.

I would not add you on Facebook if I didn't know you? That's weird m8.

(Original post by yo radical one)
    Imagine you are a girl, some guy you have never spoken with, you have no shared experiences with, says 'hi', it's obvious he is trying to have sex with you and he probably doesn't even have any game.
    Thisthisthisthisthis

PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)

Thisthisthisthisthis

PRSOM

My advice in your workout thread was pure trolling btw

ReputationRep:
    My advice in your workout thread was pure trolling btw

-_-

WHY?!

I would not add you on Facebook if I didn't know you? That's weird m8.
    Precisely. So why do so many other girls add strangers then?

ReputationRep:
    Precisely. So why do so many other girls add strangers then?

I just said I wouldn't do that. Why are you asking me?

ReputationRep:
    I don't ignore messages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most people are boring. So I stop talking to them or they stop talking to me. Get over it.

Though it is annoying, disconcerting and disheartening when you like someone and you are writing fairly long messages to each other and they stop replying.

I just said I wouldn't do that. Why are you asking me?
    Because you're on my thread, so i want you to contribute meaningfully please.

ReputationRep:
    -_-

WHY?!

GOMAD = Gallon Of Milk A Day

If you actually did that, I feel bad :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    GOMAD = Gallon Of Milk A Day

If you actually did that, I feel bad :rofl:
    I didn't know what that meant :angelblush:

You are very cruel

Because you're on my thread, so i want you to contribute meaningfully please.
    I have? I told you what I've done.

The original question was not "Why do girls add me on FB then ignore me?".

(Original post by william walker)
    Most people are boring. So I stop talking to them or they stop talking to me. Get over it.

Though it is annoying, disconcerting and disheartening when you like someone and you are writing fairly long messages to each other and they stop replying.
    I just don't give out my contact details to people I have no intention of communicating with. Girls know full well they can make excuses like 'my phones broke at the moment, i don't have a number' 'My Facebook is down because I forgot the password' etc etc etc if someone asks them for it, but instead they give it out then consider it weird if the person tries to talk to them, which leads me to believe it's narcissism and attention seeking, on their part.

It is annoying if you get someone messaging you that you know but don't really feel like talking to, but I'll at least reply to the initial message and acknowledge them, because I was brought up with manners.

I have? I told you what I've done.

The original question was not "Why do girls add me on FB then ignore me?".
    OMFG!! Sorry for my laziness in not acknowledging you had already addressed the topic! I really should read the replies properly before hitting the 'submit' button. Anyway, I'm just trolling babe, how about I come off anonymous and you inbox me your number and I'll hit you up sometime? Hell you can have my Facebook too.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes girls i know will just stop messaging, then text me a few days later about something else. It doesn't bother me at all, i just get on with the things i need to do. Nothing changes with our friendship because they ignored a message, its very needy to think that it would. I except people are busy or just don't feel like talking to me at that time and focus on other things.

ReputationRep:
    OMFG!! Sorry for my laziness in not acknowledging you had already addressed the topic! I really should read the replies properly before hitting the 'submit' button. Anyway, I'm just trolling babe, how about I come off anonymous and you inbox me your number and I'll hit you up sometime? Hell you can have my Facebook too.
    I'd rather shoot myself in the face. That's quicker and less painful.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't give out my contact details to people I have no intention of communicating with. Girls know full well they can make excuses like 'my phones broke at the moment, i don't have a number' 'My Facebook is down because I forgot the password' etc etc etc if someone asks them for it, but instead they give it out then consider it weird if the person tries to talk to them, which leads me to believe it's narcissism and attention seeking, on their part.

It is annoying if you get someone messaging you that you know but don't really feel like talking to, but I'll at least reply to the initial message and acknowledge them, because I was brought up with manners.
    I count to it is a great honour to be added as a friend by someone. If they don't talk to me I don't mind. I had one women who didn't reply to me for 3 weeks because she was on holiday, because she was you know actually on holiday. The issue with that is by the time they replied I no longer cared.

I have talked to maybe 20 people on here. Only two of them have I actually liked, they didn't want me to know who they were so I didn't try and find them until they stopped talking to me. I now know who they are.

(Original post by william walker)
    I count to it is a great honour to be added as a friend by someone. If they don't talk to me I don't mind. I had one women who didn't reply to me for 3 weeks because she was on holiday, because she was you know actually on holiday. The issue with that is by the time they replied I no longer cared.

I have talked to maybe 20 people on here. Only two of them have I actually liked, they didn't want me to know who they were so I didn't try and find them until they stopped talking to me. I now know who they are.
    Yeah true, but do you really think in the whole time she was on holiday she didn't even had a minute to reply to your message?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true, but do you really think in the whole time she was on holiday she didn't even had a minute to reply to your message?
    She was on holiday and didn't want to be bothered about Facebook messages. She was posting photo's but not commenting on them. So sure she could have replied, but didn't. When she did reply it was rather long and detailed, but a bit crap because I no longer cared. So I replied to her but in a rather half arsed manner.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like you're kind of generalising here. I mean, guys ignore messages too.

In all honesty though, the vast majority of girls aren't going to think this guy they've never physically met before is their soul-mate, and by ignoring him they're denying themselves their only opportunity for true love. So they probably don't feel awful about ignoring said guy. I know it sounds harsh, but that's how it is a lot of the time. Any guy in the same position would be the exact same, I'm sure.

As a girl it is difficult to see a guy pop up saying 'hey' and not immediately assuming he wants to flirt or whatever. Based on personal experience, that is the case 90% of the time. From those negative experiences it's hard not to make assumptions whenever a guy does pop up, and so it is easier to ignore him.

It's kinda sad really, and I personally do feel guilty if I ever do it. As rude as it is though, nobody 'has' to speak to anyone if they don't want to. Nobody owes anyone, especially a stranger, anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.