Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhidee)
    Hey! I'm going to be at Richmond this year and I'm enrolling on Tuesday. I'm so so nervous, and even though I'm going in with a friend and know a few people from my secondary school, it's still super scary and a huge change. I'm doing AS Maths, English Lit, Sociology and Graphics.

I remember being super excited at the beginning of summer but now I'm quite anxious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! Maybe we could get talking on whatsapp like me and Some Bad Karma did? It'll be so nice to make some new friends before starting! The first week is just getting to know each other it seems, but I'd hate to go in alone/knowing nobody on the first day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binkierose)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! Maybe we could get talking on whatsapp like me and Some Bad Karma did? It'll be so nice to make some new friends before starting! The first week is just getting to know each other it seems, but I'd hate to go in alone/knowing nobody on the first day!
    Yep, okay! I'm not quite sure how to PM and things on TSR as I've only just made an account though

Update: never mind, I've figured it out

ReputationRep:
    BUMP!

ReputationRep:
    I graduated RuTC in August 2014 and college was honestly one of the most traumatic experiences of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'm not bitter about it but please do me this favour:

DON'T BE MEAN TO PEOPLE.

DON'T SINGLE PEOPLE OUT.

BULLYING IS HONESTLY THE ILLEST, GROSSEST THING YOU CAN DO TO ANOTHER KID.

If you can't stand somebody, just ignore them and turn the other cheek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealites)
    Honestly, I'm not bitter about it but please do me this favour:

DON'T BE MEAN TO PEOPLE.

DON'T SINGLE PEOPLE OUT.

BULLYING IS HONESTLY THE ILLEST, GROSSEST THING YOU CAN DO TO ANOTHER KID.

If you can't stand somebody, just ignore them and turn the other cheek.
    Was it that bad?/: Tell us a little about it?
    And yeah, I kind of tend to keep myself to myself. I've been through enough years of bullying to learn from it to be honest..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thread Envy)
    I'm super nervous about starting. I've just finished year 11 and now i'm super worried that i've made a big mistake by going Richmond
    Don't stress! Every person's experience is different! I've already made two friends from this thread and they're lovely! You can always befriend me if you're worried(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I seriously think we should make a group chat on WhatsApp for the RuTC newbies lool.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going there too, I only know one person who's going there with me though. I'm actually retaking AS levels because my grades were horrible....I hope going to a college sixth form will be a lot better since everyone is starting from scratch.

I'm just glad there's no dress code. The dress code in my old sixth form was stressed way too much than it should have, so much so that I actually got pulled out of class because I was wearing a jean shirt underneath my blazer..... talk about priorities...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy【=◈︿◈=】)
    I'm going there too, I only know one person who's going there with me though. I'm actually retaking AS levels because my grades were horrible....I hope going to a college sixth form will be a lot better since everyone is starting from scratch.

I'm just glad there's no dress code. The dress code in my old sixth form was stressed way too much than it should have, so much so that I actually got pulled out of class because I was wearing a jean shirt underneath my blazer..... talk about priorities...
    Hi! We have a little whatsapp group for some of us who are starting! You're more than welcome to join what tutor group will you be in? And yeah, I'm thankful for the dress code!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, is anyone in tutor group 6: hazel with Benedict hardas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dent101)
    Hello, is anyone in tutor group 6: hazel with Benedict hardas?
    I'm not I don't know of anyone who is either.. sorry! Feel free to join our rutc year 12 whatsapp group though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pm me the info plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhidee)
    Hey! I'm going to be at Richmond this year and I'm enrolling on Tuesday. I'm so so nervous, and even though I'm going in with a friend and know a few people from my secondary school, it's still super scary and a huge change. I'm doing AS Maths, English Lit, Sociology and Graphics.

I remember being super excited at the beginning of summer but now I'm quite anxious.
    Same I'm now anxious too zhidee but I have you and you I so if we have any trouble we can always talk
    I'm anxious because my courses have been changing so much due to the college changing what they offer. Now I'm worried what I've got is not what I'm going to be good nor confident with

ReputationRep:
    Bumping now we're half way through induction!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wish I saw this thread earlier! I'm at RuTC too in my first year and I've been here for months and haven't a lot of friends, if I do their timetables are different so I can't really hang out with them a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binkierose)
    Hi!

So yesterday I enrolled at RUTC. Problem is, I don't know anyone whatsoever that goes there and I'm absolutely petrified of starting on September 1st.

Looking for anyone else that goes there, is going there or has gone there. Really want some support xD

I struggled a lot in high school and had no friends, so I really don't want the same to happen at college too. Maybe finding fellow students on here could potentially help me find friends, or at least friendly faces, for when I start!

Thank you xx
    Hi could you tell me how its like at richmond as i also will be taking my gcses there. are the people friendly? how are the teachers like? are people racist? any gangs/ wannabe gang bangers?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Realise this post is kinda old but I'm going to be starting Richmond in September and wanted some info on the college. How did you find it? Thanks in advance ☺

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.