Turn on thread page Beta

Mum turns off the wifi what can I do....? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    A bit drastic, but my mum used to do this when I was a bit younger. I had a genius idea though - we had a spare router lying unused in the cupboard, so I set it up and tucked it behind the cupboard, taking all the cables from the main router and putting it into the secret router. The main router would be plugged in with some of the lights on so she'd think it was still running, when the router that I was getting my internet from was chugging away from behind the unit, undetected and unaffected
    Okay damn that is clever what kind of genius are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nangnang)
    Okay damn that is clever what kind of genius are you?
    Never underestimate the resourcefulness of an addict in withdrawal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nice.Guy)
    Do something productive rather than sit on the internet all day!

I didn't think any network offered unlimited data anymore??
    Three UK - something like £15 a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically my mum turns off the wifi when she goes crazy mode i'm not talking about at the end of the day or during the night i'm talking during the day ... HELP is there any way I can get around this or do I just suffer with no wifi....? Plus I only have like a limited amount of mobile data that I can use so that easily runs out HELP ME YOU COMPUTER NERDS!!
    Btfon ...... You're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nice.Guy)
    Do something productive rather than sit on the internet all day!

I didn't think any network offered unlimited data anymore??
    I'm with 3 and I have a £12.90/mo plan with unlimited data.

ReputationRep:
    Become a bit less internet obsessed. Do some studying or go on a date instead..

ReputationRep:
    omg my mother does this when I'm not listening to her to get my attention xD And its also "Internet off after 11pm" in this household :sad: Although my mum normally "threatens" to do it so if I follow the rules, she wont turn anything off and I can go on it secretly when she's asleep.

ReputationRep:
    Doing something off the internet for a while won't kill you.

Turn off her life

If your really lucky you might find a neighbours router that is using WEP.

All you need to do then is set up a wireless packet capture, force the router to log the neighbour off so they then log in again. And then capture that login packet.... And then brute force that using hashcat... Been a while since I did that so it might be 85% accurate.

(Please don't actually do this)

ReputationRep:
    Simple, download a chrome extension that allows you to download Youtube videos, I download 10 - 20 every day so I get like 2 hours of watching time
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    A bit drastic, but my mum used to do this when I was a bit younger. I had a genius idea though - we had a spare router lying unused in the cupboard, so I set it up and tucked it behind the cupboard, taking all the cables from the main router and putting it into the secret router. The main router would be plugged in with some of the lights on so she'd think it was still running, when the router that I was getting my internet from was chugging away from behind the unit, undetected and unaffected
    That is genius. Me likey.

ReputationRep:
    That is pure torture
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    😂😂😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I certainly do NOT miss the days when my dad used to switch off the WiFi at night 😂 he would turn it off and take one of the cables away, so I just bought a spare cable and would plug that in at night, use the WiFi and then take the cable out when I was done lol, was effort.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do anything to make her do that? (If she gets angry or does it because of something you do normally like use it all the time then good luck.)

ReputationRep:
    Bor-ing want wifi

ReputationRep:
    Bor-ing! I want wifi

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't help you cuz my mom broke my router. Like she SMASHED it to pieces

ReputationRep:
    You can move out at 16, if you got some where to live my daughter did this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.