Turn on thread page Beta

ISLAMIC TERROR ATTACK FOILED on Paris bound train watch

ReputationRep:
    I rather be locked in a room with random Muslim than you hate spewing lunatics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    Very risky but good luck to you friend if the day ever comes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    The religion of peace (Tm)
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize that an ideology could personally manifest itself physically to carry out an attack. :rolleyes:

You need to tone down on your acid trips...

ReputationRep:
    Well, brothers do tend to get on better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    It's a fair assumption, for the attempted actions.
    True

But the 'French media claim that the suspect was previously known to French security services and was living in Spain. He has already been linked to a number of radical Islamic groups. '

ReputationRep:
    It's all about duality. You need people like us who are willing to see it like it is and plan ahead for the worst. We need people like you to see the humanity in people, to be optimistic about the future and what'll bring. Without each other we'll be Fascist or Byzantium,heartless or headless and evil or dead. That Muslim may be nice to your face but underneath he'd undo you in a heartbeat or maybe he wouldn't, it's a scrodingers cat and my cats gone missing.

ReputationRep:
    True

But the 'French media claim that the suspect was previously known to French security services and was living in Spain. He has already been linked to a number of radical Islamic groups. '
    It's also come out that he was classified as 'potentially dangerous'. Why wasn't he taken in sooner? Why do the authorities let such people roam the streets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The one ed)
    Very risky but good luck to you friend if the day ever comes
    I don't think it's at all that risky.

Let's say an average of 2 million Muslims globally are actually violent. 2 million out of 1.5bn Muslims is 1.3%.

Using America as a representative example, out of 5723 murders, 2755 were committed by those of the White Race. In % terms, that is equal to about 48%.

Working it out, it seems you are 97% more likely to die from being stuck with a White fella than a Muslim*... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    It's also come out that he was classified as 'potentially dangerous'. Why wasn't he taken in sooner? Why do the authorities let such people roam the streets?
    Prisons are full and were he to go inside, he would probably get radicalized further.

For a region that seems to think it has all the solutions, it sure as hell can't figure one out without resorting to scaremongering and hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LockheedSpooky)
    Has Corbyn denounced the imperialist Americans for not allowing a peace-loving Muslim to simply discharge a firearm on a train?

Next time he holds a minute's silence for the fallen comrades in the IRA and Hamas, I hope he remembers this chap who put a lot of effort in and was foiled by imperialists.

#PrayForFreedomFighter
    You don't give a **** about the victims. No, so long as the perpetrator is a Muslim and the victims are in Western countries, you'll use that to score some political points and to vindicate your own rabid thoughts...

Thoroughly disgusting...

ReputationRep:
    No just encourage its followers

Allah ****ing ackbar
    I don't believe it. You are actually praising the actions of these people by saying "God is Great!"...

Have some respect for the victims...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm2)
    Prisons are full and were he to go inside, he would probably get radicalized further.

For a region that seems to think it has all the solutions, it sure as hell can't figure one out without resorting to scaremongering and hypocrisy.
    Not if he was properly segregated and rules were in place to prevent radicalisation. Regardless, that is the best place for him to be to protect the public; either that or house arrest.

Scaremongering and hypocrisy? It's scaremongering to expect a dangerous Islamist to be taken off the streets who nearly goes on to massacre a train full of people? Your apologism is gleaming here.

ReputationRep:
    Video of the potentially, alleged, perhaps, possibly Islamic terrorist after being subdued.

He stabbed the one seen bleeding.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=472_1440194057

ReputationRep:
    Not if he was properly segregated and rules were in place to prevent radicalisation. Regardless, that is the best place for him to be to protect the public; either that or house arrest.
    When you go in prison, you rant at the system that caught you and jailed you, especially if you have a belief that what you was doing was right.

Spending time in seg with these thoughts going around in one's head is not conducive and the person will simply become stubborn and self-righteous.

That is why prisons are such fertile breeding grounds. You become part of a community which you live, day in and day out.

This can go for any way of life or belief system, not just Islam.

Scaremongering and hypocrisy? Are you kidding me? It's scaremongering to expect a dangerous Islamist to be taken off the streets who nearly goes on to massacre a train full of people? Your apologism is gleaming here.
    I didn't realize that Islamists were dangerous. Don't you mean terrorist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm2)
    True.

Don't the governments or whoever have the facilities for him to "meet with an accident" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm2)
    When you go in prison, you rant at the system that caught you and jailed you, especially if you have a belief that what you was doing was right.

Spending time in seg with these thoughts going around in one's head is not conducive and the person will simply become stubborn and self-righteous.

That is why prisons are such fertile breeding grounds. You become part of a community which you live, day in and day out.

This can go for any way of life or belief system, not just Islam.
    By your logic, let's not send any violent criminal (or one who incites or prepares violent crime) to prison for the factors you mentioned.

The plain fact is that the state's first priority is to protect the public. Putting him in prison or house arrest will achieve this. Who cares if it makes him a bit resentful? He already hates the state if he is prepared to kill innocent people.

Yes, I do consider their beliefs dangerous.

Way to throw a straw man at me through and fail to address the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm2)
    Are you reading the same news report as the rest of us? Where does it say that it was an "Islamic attack"?
    North Africn gunmen attempting to murder civilians seems pretty safe bet its islamic terrorism once again - of course we will all stand corrected if these guys turn out to be jews or buddists.

you are fast becomeing a cliche of the guy that rushes in to defend any suggestion of islamic terrorism - careful you dont worsen your reputation tsr1269

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    True.

Don't the governments or whoever have the facilities for him to "meet with an accident" ?
    No, no. That all went out in the 80's.

Now it's all about transparency and accountability. No more hiding in the shadows for them...

ReputationRep:
    By your logic, let's not send any violent criminal (or one who incites or prepares violent crime) to prison for the factors you mentioned.
    Looks like you picked up a wayward strawman on your travels there.

I'll do the decent thing and leave it hanging...

The plain fact is that the state's first priority is to protect the public. Putting him in prison or house arrest will achieve this. Who cares if it makes him a bit resentful? He already hates the state if he is prepared to kill innocent people.
    And this will be on an indefinite basis?

Yes, I do consider their beliefs dangerous.

Way to throw a straw man at me through and fail to address the point.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means but if you think I've dodged your point, let me pick it up.

Why do you consider the beliefs of an Islamist "dangerous"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm2)

is this you trying to stir debate or can you be that ignorant

who do you think it is that gives the terrorists their ideas?

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.