Turn on thread page Beta

Which subjects did you hate at GCSE and why? watch

ReputationRep:
    English Lit.
    No Mrs. Wade, he's not wearing a coat because he wants to hide his emotions. He's wearing one because its fcking cold!!
    (got an A in it anywaysss)

ReputationRep:
    English because my teacher just didn't like me at all, and science, but only when i had a cetain teacher. I ended up teaching myself the entirety of biology and half of chemistry. I think often any subject can be enjoyed if your teacher is enthusiastic, but if they have a monotone voice, or simply teach in a style that doesn't suit you then you might as well teach the course to yourself!

I also ended up hating drama as I just got annoyed with people, but I still plan to take the subject next year as I like the look of the plays we are studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Ikr, we were promised a trip in History which never materialised... (still love history though)

Yeah i get what you mean, i did feel like spending time on Spanish coursework and stuff would detract from my other subjects, in the end it didnt i don't think it did. Im glad it worked out for you as well
    Yeah, gotta love history Shame about the trip (or lack of).

And yeah, I think it worked out just fine! Great that it worked out for you too! Thank you

It was the speaking assessments I hated in particular. I even refused to do one, because I get so nervous during the build up that it distracts me from other subjects!

ReputationRep:
    Physics and French.
    Physics was really boring, and my teacher wasn't great, he'd stand up and just talk for the whole lesson, he rarely demonstrated on the board, and I switched off within like 30 seconds of him talking lol.
    French was just awful, was really stressful trying to memorise whole essays for coursework, but I loved my class.
    Hated every minute of them both. Just realised my french and physics teachers are engaged to be married! Weird.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    OMG we are so similar! it was the oral coursework that i hated to, had to go to lunchtime sessions with the teacher bc i was so bad/nervous

what are you planning 2 do 4 Alevel if you dont mind me asking (guessing it wont b spanish)

ReputationRep:
    Drama

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikolamz)
    Which subjects did you hate at GCSE and why?
    English and English lit because I hated making up random interpretations and pretending they were credible.

Chemistry because I wasn't taught it until 6 weeks before my exam. I didn't know what an atom was until year 11 :/ (then I did A level chemistry, and started enjoying it).

Geography because I hate learning about the environment, and global warming, and populations or any human geography whatsoever.

Psychology because I memorised over 100 case studies to be tested on about 5.

Art because it made me hate drawing and painting.

Business because I couldn't care less about businesses. (Luckily I was able to drop this one after year 9).

😬 My only motivation was my competivity.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, I've never been good at it and was taken out of a lot of lessons in Year 10 for personal issues, so that didn't help. Also French because my teacher didn't care about us at all (she yelled at me when I politely asked her if she could help me at lunch so...)

Latin. My lord I hope I never have to translate another text. It bored me to death. I honestly don't know how I got an A. I never knew what was going on...(trust me).

Geography- technically I dropped it before I did it as a GCSE. I had this one teacher who loved the sound of his voice too much *eye roll*.

Plus learning about different types of waves was not my thing. Alas, I chose Latin over it. It was the lesser of two evils

ReputationRep:
    Panjabi. Man it was annoying, learning a new language is a pain, and especially since you have to do: speaking, writing, listening and reading. I basically chilled out for 1.5 years and then had to really push myself to try and get a pass. Luckily I still ended up passing and managed to beat some people along my way, bless my teacher, without her I would've failed.

ReputationRep:
    OMG we are so similar! it was the oral coursework that i hated to, had to go to lunchtime sessions with the teacher bc i was so bad/nervous

what are you planning 2 do 4 Alevel if you dont mind me asking (guessing it wont b spanish)
    Wasn't it awful! I really don't know what made me choose it with my sort of nerves (oh yeah, probably that trip to Spain that never happened!).

I'm planning to study Biology, Chemistry and Law for my A levels. What about you?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    it was awfull indeed

Im doing History, Art, Product Design and Biology

Good luck with ur A levels

ReputationRep:
    Spanish ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it was awfull indeed

Im doing History, Art, Product Design and Biology

Good luck with ur A levels
    I love history! I would do it but I wanted to stick with 3! Hope all goes well with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikolamz)
    Which subjects did you hate at GCSE and why?
    Physics: Nothing with Space, it was all about Force, Static Electricity, and the Teacher was a feminist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User008)
    English language....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For me, it has to be English Literature. I didn't mind reading the texts, but doing exams on them seemed challenging. For example, not knowing what was going to be asked. Also because it's the only subject i got a C in.

ReputationRep:
    Science, I hated science so much through out high school! Worst subject ever, it didn't interest me in the slighest and the teachers didn't care either they left whenever they wanted, I had 4 teachers in the space of my year 11!

ReputationRep:
    I hated maths because it's simply not my subject for the most part. I didn't see much of a point to a lot of the stuff we had to do. However, I hated learning languages most. I say languages because I chose to take two languages GCSEs, both Spanish and French, and boy do I hate myself for making that decision. Both were horrifically stressful.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.