Turn on thread page Beta

Louise Mensch is so stupid. Plan to smear Corbyn backfires. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Most Tories would be happy to see Corbyn in power.

This is a power struggle within the Labour Party. The moderates trying there the extremists out by any means necessary.

People like mensch realise that damage Corbyn will create. It's the same power struggle between extreme left and centre left that made labour unelectable in the 80s and will make them unelected am in 2020.
    You never cease to amaze - why comment on a post to take it way off topic? There are plenty of threads on what Corbyn would do to labour - this is about Louise mensch.

Why do you never answer a straight question?
    So do tell me again, is it acceptable for mensch to make a load of anti-Semitic searches and then try to frame Corbyn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    You never cease to amaze - why comment on a post to take it way off topic? There are plenty of threads on what Corbyn would do to labour - this is about Louise mensch.

Why do you never answer a straight question?
    So do tell me again, is it acceptable for mensch to make a load of anti-Semitic searches and then try to frame Corbyn?
    If it highlights a weakness in Corbyns belief, yes it does.

ReputationRep:
    Did the #fakeDWPstories fallout last week not make you realise that lying so flagrantly in the political sphere is never okay? If she made an error rather than trying to frame Corbyn then fair enough, she should come out and apologise but she's still going to get pilloried on Twitter because she screwed up. Lying to expose a weakness which appears more media-manufactured than actual when you scratch the surface means that the Conservatives don't shirk their image of being Murdoch's puppets. She helped nobody with this error and made herself look incompetent.

ReputationRep:
    Truth really is a deprecated commodity with Tories. I can't believe they are trying to defend literally inventing a smear out of nothing because it "highlights a weakness in Corbyn's belief". Cabinet and supporters alike, every time I think they can't possibly get any more self-parodical, they blow me away with the new depths they plumb.

I guess when you spend too much time through the looking glass in Lynton Crosby land it's hard to know what's real and what isn't. The only guiding voice is the Party, which decides what is true as part of its right to rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Did the #fakeDWPstories fallout last week not make you realise that lying so flagrantly in the political sphere is never okay? If she made an error rather than trying to frame Corbyn then fair enough, she should come out and apologise but she's still going to get pilloried on Twitter because she screwed up. Lying to expose a weakness which appears more media-manufactured than actual when you scratch the surface means that the Conservatives don't shirk their image of being Murdoch's puppets. She helped nobody with this error and made herself look incompetent.
    Which fake stories are those then?

ReputationRep:
    The FOI'd illustrative (read: false) stories in a DWP flyer about people who were just buzzing about having their benefits taken away from them. Twitter parodied, hard and it was hilarious although much too real.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't highlight any weaknesses- it highlights Louise mensch making anti- Semitic searches and blaming someone else.

Is it okay to frame someone else for your own misdemeanour?
    How can you possibly think that's okay?
    And you claim not to be a Tory party cheerleader- it's laughable.

ReputationRep:
    Where the dwp and ids made up quotes from benefit claimants for their own political gain.

But of course you 'don't know' about it and your probably support outright lying as you've already shown.

ReputationRep:
    Where the dwp and ids made up quotes from benefit claimants for their own political gain.

But of course you 'don't know' about it and your probably support outright lying as you've already shown.
    That's like a lot of peole
    On the left.

Illegal to be poor is now claiming that disabled people are being blamed for the financials crash of 2008.

It'll be a pity to see labour weakened if Corbyn gets in.

ReputationRep:
    That's like a lot of peole
    On the left.

Illegal to be poor is now claiming that disabled people are being blamed for the financials crash of 2008.

It'll be a pity to see labour weakened if Corbyn gets in.
    You will never, ever criticise the Tories. You always change the subject.

Is it okay for ids to make up quotes for his own gain? Yes or no will do- of course you'll dodge the question - you're incredibly predictable.

ReputationRep:
    So we have Tories on here defending Tory MPs and associates purposely lying and misleading the public for their own political gain.

Just as Ive said before - there really is no tactic too dirty or underhand for the Tories.

What's even more telling is that the Louise Mensch story didn't appear in a single right wing newspaper - not one. And people say the media don't have an agenda...

ReputationRep:
    Let's all get Jeremy Corbyn voted in as leader of the Labour Party.

For the sake of the British electro rate we need to make sure that labour never get voted in again and Corbyns the man to make that happen.

Vote Corbyn to keep labour a weak opposition party.

Out of curiosity, which potential Labour leader do you see as such a massive threat, that you are resorting to such pathetic tactics?

Also, you must have very little faith in the Tories if you think their only way to victory is if they're against weak opposition.

ReputationRep:
    You will never, ever criticise the Tories. You always change the subject.

Is it okay for ids to make up quotes for his own gain? Yes or no will do- of course you'll dodge the question - you're incredibly predictable.
    Wow.
    A government minister is now making departmental leaflets.

Do I have Jeremy Hunt to thank for the leaflet 'you and you're prostate' at the Doctors the other day? Maybe I should send a letter to Shona Robinson critiquing her 'living with dementia leaflet.'

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

Do I have Jeremy Hunt to thank for the leaflet 'you and you're prostate' at the Doctors the other day? Maybe I should send a letter to Shona Robinson critiquing her 'living with dementia leaflet.'

And you just dodge the question as always.
    You have refused to condemn IDS and Louise Mensch for making up quotes to try and smear their opponents.

Imagine if a Labour MP or the Guardian made up quotes about those on benefits - you'd be all over it but because it's a tory, in your own words you 'don't care'.

And then you claim to be a swing voter.
    I won't ask again because you dodge questions and change subject better then most politicians but you seem to think it's fine to outright lie and purposely deceive the public.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

Individual Ministerial Responsibility may be seem a bit old fashioned now but it is still very much part of convention; it only seems old fashioned as more recent ministers have tried their utmost to shirk that sort of departmental, indirect responsibility because it can damage their precious political careers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Individual Ministerial Responsibility may be seem a bit old fashioned now but it is still very much part of convention; it only seems old fashioned as more recent ministers have tried their utmost to shirk that sort of departmental, indirect responsibility because it can damage their precious political careers.
    Talking to him is like talking to a fanatical football supporter- he'll defend to the death anything a tory says or does without question even if it means (which it quite often does) completely going back on himself.

ReputationRep:
    Talking to him is like talking to a fanatical football supporter- he'll defend to the death anything a tory says or does without question even if it means (which it quite often does) completely going back on himself.
    You may think that.

I'm merely pointing out that a vote for Corbyn means a vote to keep labour an ineffectual opposition party.

ReputationRep:
    You may think that.

I'm merely pointing out that a vote for Corbyn means a vote to keep labour an ineffectual opposition party.
    And I've pointed out numerous times that this thread is not about what Corbyn will or will not do to the Labour party.
    It is about Louise Mensch.

Why won't you answer the question? It's obvious really- because you an't bring yourself to ever criticse anything a tory says or does.
    Do you defend Louise Mesnch making a load of anti-semitic searches purposely to try and frame Corbyn and his supporters for it?

Do yo support IDS making up quotes for his own political gain to try and mislead the public?

Please, please answer those two questions with a yes or no.

ReputationRep:
    And I've pointed out numerous times that this thread is not about what Corbyn will or will not do to the Labour party.
    It is about Louise Mensch.

Why won't you answer the question? It's obvious really- because you an't bring yourself to ever criticse anything a tory says or does.
    Do you defend Louise Mesnch making a load of anti-semitic searches purposely to try and frame Corbyn and his supporters for it?

Do yo support IDS making up quotes for his own political gain to try and mislead the public?

Please, please answer those two questions with a yes or no.
    If you can provide me evidence that IDS was personally involved in the creative design of a leaflet then I'll agree with you.

Do you agree that the CEO of the transnational company I work for should've been involved in the sign off of my stationary order last week?

ReputationRep:
    If you can provide me evidence that IDS was personally involved in the creative design of a leaflet then I'll agree with you.

Do you agree that the CEO of the transnational company I work for should've been involved in the sign off of my stationary order last week?
    Individual ministerial responsibility.

Now answer about Louise Mensch please. Was she wrong to make up anti semitic quotes and searches and then frame Corbyn?
    Please answer that, as you've dodged that question about ten times now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.