Turn on thread page Beta

Starting a relationship with my best friends sister watch

Hey

(Original post by Handsome_Devil)
    You mentioned she was crying the night of the sin? A case can be made for taking advantage there mate.
    Fair enough but she had stopped crying by then.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey
    What?

Hmm....
    Excuse me..Even I love a girl in my school but she is 2 years younger and she is my best friend's siter.
    Am a bit shy to start a converstaion with her as I have never talked to her!
    Can anyone give me some tips of how to approach her....she knows that I love her and I know that she loves me but we are shy to talk
    HELP!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough but she had stopped crying by then.
    Maybe she didn't want to give her knight in shining armor a sloppy wet one

Maybe she didn't want to give her knight in shining armor a sloppy wet one
    What I was saying is I wasn't taking advantage of her since she had cheered up a bit, stopped crying and she made the first move.

Hmm....
    Excuse me..Even I love a girl in my school but she is 2 years younger and she is my best friend's siter.
    Can anyone give me some tips of how to approach her....she knows that I love her and I know that she loves me but we are shy to talk http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/14.24/...s/s-smilie.gif
    HELP!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You mentioned she was crying the night of the sin? A case can be made for taking advantage there mate.
    The night of the sin? Lmao I can't even mate :lol:

Tbh OP, three years isn't the problem here. It's the fact that she's 16 which is the problem. Yeah, she's over the age of consent, but to her brother and to her family she's just a child. In the eyes of the law, she is a child. You're an adult. It's definitely a bit weird, and I doubt it will go down well with your friend.

ReputationRep:
    What I was saying is I wasn't taking advantage of her since she had cheered up a bit, stopped crying and she made the first move.
    Doesn't matter, the major issue is your friend. If it was a stranger I'd have given you abuse for not sealing the deal yet

ReputationRep:
    Way I see it is that when you're 20 she'll be 17.

half your age plus 7 rule works, you're all good. Don't really see the problem with this relationship anyway. Just go for it if you both like each other.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend are both 19 and his sister is 16. We have known each other since we were both around 5 years old. This meant that I have also known his younger sister since she was young. We have always got on well and when she was growing up she did start flirting but I never returned it. Last week some guys were picking on her in the street. They smashed her phone and went to take her purse but I saw them and stepped in and helped her. She was obviously shaken up so I offered to take her home. When we got back to hers the house was empty so she asked me to stay with her until someone got home because she was scared so I agreed.

My friend was staying over his girlfriends and parents were working. We just stayed up watching films and trying to take her mind off what had happened. Her parents phoned saying they would be out overnight so my friends sister asked me to stay the night. I agreed but after a while she started crying so I gave her a hug and she was thanking me. She then leaned in to kiss me. I pulled away and told her she didn't know what she was doing but she leaned in again. This time I responded and kissed her back. Since then we have been meeting up in secret and just hanging out and having fun. We haven't had sex yet, kissing is as far as it's gone but we both love being in each others company and just relaxing watching films.

Now she wants to go public with the relationship but I don't know how my friend will respond and part of time thinks what we are doing is wrong. My friend and his family have been grateful to me for helping her but I think they will think I am taking advantage of her because of what happened even though I'm not
    What do you think we should do and do you think what we are doing is wrong?
    If you truly think that you'll be together for the rest of your life, then yes, it's okay. If you really like her and don't want to hurt her in any way, then yes, it's okay.

But if you think for one moment, that you don't see her as a long-term girlfriend, and only see her as a bit of fun, then it's not. And your friend will never forgive you. So decide what you want and act swiftly.

(Original post by am_blue)
    If you truly think that you'll be together for the rest of your life, then yes, it's okay. If you really like her and don't want to hurt her in any way, then yes, it's okay.

But if you think for one moment, that you don't see her as a long-term girlfriend, and only see her as a bit of fun, then it's not. And your friend will never forgive you. So decide what you want and act swiftly.
    I don't just see her as a bit of fun and I have really enjoyed getting to know her better and hanging out with her recently. I can definitely see her as a long term girlfriend.

Hmm....
    Can anyone give me some tips of how to approach her....she knows that I love her and I know that she loves me but we are shy to talk http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/14.24/...s/s-smilie.gif
    HELP!!!!

Hmm....
    HELP!!!!
    You don't have to keep on repeating the same message. If someone wants to reply then they will no matter how many times you post the same message.

ReputationRep:
    I don't just see her as a bit of fun and I have really enjoyed getting to know her better and hanging out with her recently. I can definitely see her as a long term girlfriend.
    Then, personally I think you should go for it. I don't see the age as a problem in the slightest as I know plenty of 16 year olds that are more mature than people much older than that. In my opinion you need to sit down and talk it out with your friend because at the moment you really are going behind his back. Surely, if you're so close, one day the truth will come out anyway, so it's almost inevitable he finds out in that respect? Plus, if that happens and he says he would've got used to it then you'll really kick yourselves so by telling him you'll definitely avoid any "what if" situations.
    It sounds like you really like her and want to say something so the longer you leave it the more difficult it's going to be for you to talk to him about it and likelihood is he'll end up being more upset about you keeping this from him than the fact that you two actually wanted to date each other.
    At the end of the day, he's your best friend so even though it'll no doubt be very difficult for him to get his head around, he should be able to accept that it's what is going to make you both happy and if he doesn't then cross that bridge if you come to it.
    Good luck

(Original post by welcometoib)
    youd be surprised the number of perverts on here who are fine with that, people here think as soon as someone turns 18 life is cool for any age gap lol.
    So are you saying that you don't agree with us being together and think what we are doing is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely approach your friend and talk to him about it one-to-one. If you're as good mates as you say you are, and if he sees you are genuine about his sister and not looking for a short-term thing then hopefully he'll be open-minded about it.

I don't see the age difference as a huge problem - I'm guessing she's just finished year 11 so you've not got that "creepiness" of dating a schoolgirl. And as others have said, the older you get the less important age becomes. I'm 2.5 years older than my boyfriend, 23 and 20. We both met at uni (I'm PG/5th year, he's UG 2nd year) so nobody bats an eyelid at the gap.

That said, as hypocritical as this may sound as I was that age when I had my first serious relationship, I'd recommend taking things very slowly. You have a lot more to lose if it goes wrong, and you definitely don't want to be seen as the older lad who rushed her into things, even if she's making the moves.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure this is not just a sordid dream. If not, don't go there.

(Original post by Zarek)
    Are you sure this is not just a sordid dream. If not, don't go there.
    No it wasn't a dream and why don't you think I should go for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous;[url="tel:58791079")
    58791079[/url]]No it wasn't a dream and why don't you think I should go for it?
    It probably breaks the very prudent (1/2 x age) + 7 rule. Not to mention the fact your mate and probably his Dad too will take a dim view of you seeking to do the dirty with their sweet 16 yo. Need you ask...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2015
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.