Turn on thread page Beta

I'm running out of things to listen to watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    go to lastfm, view "similar artists" of every artist you like. That's 5 times as many artists as you currently like. Then view all the similar artists of those similar artists, and so forth.

Exponential growth!

Spotify also has a similar artists feature, and Spotify playlists are quite good for occasionally finding new stuff if you search for good ones.
    Quote this for absolute truth.

Because of last.fm's similar artists feature, I went from only knowing about mainstream hip hop/rock, to listening to stuff like "vegetarian progressive industrial grindcore" :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Listen to Ustad Sarban :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...r_music_genres

^With that no way you are gonna run out of chit to listen to
    Thanks good idea haha, I've learned I should put more effort in

ReputationRep:
    Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard of Ozz and diary of a madman albums.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeemsToBe)
    Yo, I suck at finding new music I like more than 1 song of, so I find I listen to the same stuff too much.
    Rock, I like most. I don't mind electric or dubstep too. If you wanna post any song, no matter what type, though, you're welcome to, of course.
    From muse, to metallica, even artists like ben howard or those who don't sing in english/at all, go ahead and post some suggestions.

This could probably be for all people, not just myself, but it's somewhere to start. Even if it's a popular artist, you can suggest a song that you think is awesome but I may not hve heard.

Recommend: Coldplay, 30 secs to mars, avicii, MILKY CHANCE The piano guys, 1 republic, skrillex, deadmau5, snow patrol, porter robinson LANGUAGE tho

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.