The Student Room Group

Biology A Level??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amiee123
hi, thank you so much for sharing your experience! congratulations on your grade in biology, well done :smile: thanks for the advice, i know i will defo need to work really hard to achieve in the subject like you said even your friend with the amazing gcse grades did! I will have a look at the exam papers and mark schemes thanks for letting me know :smile:

hehe thanks - can't believe I got a grade tbh, I struggled all the way through to the last 2 biology exams i had left XD went on holiday that week before hand as well. Never finished my notes - I could never trim it down enough! I was always bottom 3 in my class for grades- and the result is only 4 people from the 16 in my class got a grade - that being 1 B, 2 C's and possibly a D downwards for the 4th. Eek. I can't believe i did it! go me. I'm dropping it on Wednesday - a need for celebration! I just didn't gel with the sciences I don't think sadly.

and somebody else mentioned it - biology is all application. Completely, you think the battles over once you remembered the stages of mitosis but noooooo then you have to apply that to a questions and be like what do you mean 1/3 marks oh i missed that word and that word. All i can say is past papers - and hope next years papers are actually on the stupid biology topics XD sounds like you enjoy biology though - I never really did. :smile:
Original post by BioJo
Wow... Always good to get a bit of insight from someone who knows nothing about the subject and who has no experience of it, eh? :borat:

OP: if it's a subject you enjoyed at GCSE, go for it! It's hard work, in the sense that Jess1997xo said - re the amount of content and the time to learn it - but it is so interesting. :h:

hahahah calm down, i did a lot of research before i chose my options since i was tempted to do biology, and don't tell me that memorisation makes up a decent portion of biology. as with pretty much any other subject love:smile:
Hi, no pain no gain. Your job should be what you are interested in because interest is the motivation of achievements. Try to overcome those difficulties and I believe you'll enjoy your success. This is Chloe from http://www.creative-biolabs.com/ . I am also participated in biology. Biology is always mysterious.
Reply 23
Original post by Chloe Mica
Hi, no pain no gain. Your job should be what you are interested in because interest is the motivation of achievements. Try to overcome those difficulties and I believe you'll enjoy your success. This is Chloe from http://www.creative-biolabs.com/ . I am also participated in biology. Biology is always mysterious.

thanks for the great advice! very true, I agree. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by lauren_st
hehe thanks - can't believe I got a grade tbh, I struggled all the way through to the last 2 biology exams i had left XD went on holiday that week before hand as well. Never finished my notes - I could never trim it down enough! I was always bottom 3 in my class for grades- and the result is only 4 people from the 16 in my class got a grade - that being 1 B, 2 C's and possibly a D downwards for the 4th. Eek. I can't believe i did it! go me. I'm dropping it on Wednesday - a need for celebration! I just didn't gel with the sciences I don't think sadly.

and somebody else mentioned it - biology is all application. Completely, you think the battles over once you remembered the stages of mitosis but noooooo then you have to apply that to a questions and be like what do you mean 1/3 marks oh i missed that word and that word. All i can say is past papers - and hope next years papers are actually on the stupid biology topics XD sounds like you enjoy biology though - I never really did. :smile:

you should be very proud of yourself! its an amazing result :smile: yeah i understand that, had a little taster of the application at GCSE level aswell. good luck to you in the future, i wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Jess1997xo
Biology at A level is completely different to GCSE in the way that it is a lot more complicated with big words. However, every A level is a lot more complicated than GCSE. With biology, personally I find that it's just a lot more context and you have a shorter period of time to learn it. My best advice for taking biology is make sure you enjoy the subject. I took maths and i absolutely hated it and therefore got a U in it (oops) so just make sure it's a subject you enjoy. Also, keep organised and it will make everything a lot easier and it won't feel like you have to do as much when the time of your exam comes.

thank you for the advice! :smile: will keep it in mind when school starts properly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending