Turn on thread page Beta

AAAAB at AS; what are my chances of an unconditional offer? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    I wouldn't worry at all, your results are very strong in general although I'm not sure what course you are doing and which universities you are considering so I can't say too much. However, as somebody else quite rightly said before, unconditional offers are a rarity and I would say it is very, very, unlikely. I also want to add that it really is irrelevant - you're going into A2 with good grades, if you work well at A2 you should have no problem meeting offers, I think.
    The plan is to do Music at Edge Hill. And absolutely, an unconditional (however unlikely) would by no means mean I'd get complacent and sit back purely because i'm 'in no matter what'. I'd still strive for the best grades! Thanks for your help, and for not being a douche about my naivety!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billymccreith)
    The plan is to do Music at Edge Hill. And absolutely, an unconditional (however unlikely) would by no means mean I'd get complacent and sit back purely because i'm 'in no matter what'. I'd still strive for the best grades! Thanks for your help, and for not being a douche about my naivety!
    The way I see it, The Student Room is a place for debate, discussion, and to ask questions - being naïve about something shouldn't be an issue here so really, don't thank me for it.

I wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    All I will say that I'd rather get those grades you did, in those subjects you did rather than getting 'EDDU' in 3 sciences and maths. The levels of disrespect on TSR to people not interested in STEM subjects is unreal. Its as though they think that if you dont get A*A*A* and go to Oxbridge/UCL/imperial, you deserve to be thrown into the scrapheap of unwanted members in society. Im not even gonna start on the attitude towards btec students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tan030)
    All I will say that I'd rather get those grades you did, in those subjects you did rather than getting 'EDDU' in 3 sciences and maths. The levels of disrespect on TSR to people not interested in STEM subjects is unreal. Its as though they think that if you dont get A*A*A* and go to Oxbridge/UCL/imperial, you deserve to be thrown into the scrapheap of unwanted members in society. Im not even gonna start on the attitude towards btec students
    Kind words; you converted what i was thinking into words on a screen!

ReputationRep:
    This.

ReputationRep:
    With the excpetion of psychology you got great grades in subjects that would make me want to shoot myself so congratulations As a STEM student, I would like to say sorry on behalf of my fellow STEM students for their fuking annoy superiority complexes. You got your grades and they affect you and nobody else. You probably did a lot beter than half of them anyway.

As for the unconditional offer, my friend got an unconditional offer and she got straigh As at AS. You have a chance but it is rare so don't get your hopes up too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    This.
    It's crazy! Its as though there's a division between the A level students and Btec students. Elitism sucks...

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy! Its as though there's a division between the A level students and Btec students. Elitism sucks...
    It really does.

ReputationRep:
    I would say it depends on the uni. Most universities do not hand out many unconditional offers as far as I'm aware. Nevertheless, I applied to Birmingham last year for music with the AS grades AABC (A in music) and received an unconditional offer. I was surprised at first (not the most stellar grades) but then after some google searches found out they are one of the top unis to hand out unconditional offers, along with a few others. With those grades and a good personal statement, you could get an unconditional offer from Birmingham, but I don't know enough about Edge Hill to say if you would there.

ReputationRep:
    Got one! Birmingham :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxiboy3000)
    I would say it depends on the uni. Most universities do not hand out many unconditional offers as far as I'm aware. Nevertheless, I applied to Birmingham last year for music with the AS grades AABC (A in music) and received an unconditional offer. I was surprised at first (not the most stellar grades) but then after some google searches found out they are one of the top unis to hand out unconditional offers, along with a few others. With those grades and a good personal statement, you could get an unconditional offer from Birmingham, but I don't know enough about Edge Hill to say if you would there.
    Accurate! Got one today from Birmingham

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.