Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    That's relieving! Although I got good GCSE grades I don't want to get cocky and think I don't have to work for A Levels so I've developed this sort of self-doubting/ pessimistic mindset so I'll work super hard haha.

It's all a bit surreal but thank you your maths is crazy honestly! My school does decently well but they were all so very pleased on behalf of me as well, it was adorable and I felt so loved lol. Greatest day of your life- that sounds lovely!!

Oh dear I have heard about this horrendous STEP. Good luck with that. I've got the TSA to contend with, yay haha thanks you too! You'll definitely be mentioning those A Level UMS

Okay to add to the creepiness- not being a stalker or anything but I saw on your profile that you were one mark off your German A*?? This is freaking me out because (I did my French GCSE early in Year 8 - I'm not French or anything before you ask haha) when I did my French GCSE, I was literally 1 UMS off the A*. They had moderated my coursework down from an A* to a B and it completely drove my grade down. I think they just did it to stop me from getting an A*! Anyways I got it remarked/ appealed and I went just over the boundary so this is super duper creepy now hahaha
    I suppose that mindset could come in handy! I'm just excited to start doing what I want to do 'full on'. My school was great but they unintentionally threw a lot of obstacles in my way in terms of doing what I wanted to do.

You're too kind I've seen the TSA and its the kind of thing that would worry me - seems very hard to actually prepare for. Like STEP is crazy hard but you can prepare for it well.

Omg ahahaha. I am *still* one off an A* in German and waiting for the remark. Like you, my coursework was given an A when my teachers were certain it was an A*, so hopefully my remark will force it up! You did it in Yr8? Thats crazy!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    I suppose that mindset could come in handy! I'm just excited to start doing what I want to do 'full on'. My school was great but they unintentionally threw a lot of obstacles in my way in terms of doing what I wanted to do.

You're too kind I've seen the TSA and its the kind of thing that would worry me - seems very hard to actually prepare for. Like STEP is crazy hard but you can prepare for it well.

Omg ahahaha. I am *still* one off an A* in German and waiting for the remark. Like you, my coursework was given an A when my teachers were certain it was an A*, so hopefully my remark will force it up! You did it in Yr8? Thats crazy!?
    I'm so excited too! I'm moving to a new, more academic sixth form and I'm really pumped to start reading around my A Levels and PPE. Not having to study awful subjects as well XD I loved my school too but I'm ready for a change and a challenge

Ughh don't even about TSA I think I'm quite suited to the questions naturally but to get a decent mark I think the only thing you can do is practice practice practice and analyse why answers are right!

And I did AQA as well. Too creepy. Bloody AQA!!! They just moderate down coursework to try and stop grade inflation I'm sure, even if it's A* standard. Well hope the remark goes well- I'm sure you can get one mark, especially if your school make a fuss about the moderation! My French teacher went ballistic.
    Haha yup it is a bit weird I did it in Year 8, feels like years ago (guess it is!) Basically my prep school decided to teach way advanced french so they'd look good and in the last year (yr8) people would take the GCSE, but I left to go to my current school at the end of year 6 and discovered I was way ahead the rest of my class- year 10 standard in year 7. I had to have 1 on 1 lessons twice a week at lunch hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)

Will you be starting STEP preparation in Year 12 or Year 13?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    I'm so excited too! I'm moving to a new, more academic sixth form and I'm really pumped to start reading around my A Levels and PPE. Not having to study awful subjects as well XD I loved my school too but I'm ready for a change and a challenge

Ughh don't even about TSA I think I'm quite suited to the questions naturally but to get a decent mark I think the only thing you can do is practice practice practice and analyse why answers are right!

And I did AQA as well. Too creepy. Bloody AQA!!! They just moderate down coursework to try and stop grade inflation I'm sure, even if it's A* standard. Well hope the remark goes well- I'm sure you can get one mark, especially if your school make a fuss about the moderation! My French teacher went ballistic.
    Haha yup it is a bit weird I did it in Year 8, feels like years ago (guess it is!) Basically my prep school decided to teach way advanced french so they'd look good and in the last year (yr8) people would take the GCSE, but I left to go to my current school at the end of year 6 and discovered I was way ahead the rest of my class- year 10 standard in year 7. I had to have 1 on 1 lessons twice a week at lunch hahah
    Yep, I'm also excited about just getting out of my secondary school and meeting new people who are just as enthusiastic about their A Levels. It should be great.

I wish you the best of luck I think a few oxbridge colleges ask for applicants to sit it

Hahaha, this is getting very weird Yeah, both the german teachers couldn't believe it really, so thats a little reassuring.

Thats impressive, I cant even remember year 8 tbh. i just remember that yr8 was the boring year where nothing happened :ahee: I don't think I ever studies french properly until we hit Yr10, it seems 0 cares were given to it.

(Original post by Palette)
    Will you be starting STEP preparation in Year 12 or Year 13?
    Year 12 - plan on taking I and II early at the end of Yr12 simply because I know enough maths to be able to take it.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.