Turn on thread page Beta

What's the weirdest TV show you've seen? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trina212)
    One time channel five did a show called 'Gypsy on benefits and proud' and I just thought... What has some TV come to!
    There's also a "benefits by the sea" one. I've seen the adverts for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GroovyLu)
    I agree, Family Guy has the right balance of humour whereas South Park just goes so overboard that you feel embarrassed watching it
    Haha what?!

The right balance of humour? Have you seen a recent episode of Family Guy lately? It is not even funny, its just Seth Macfarlane pushing his social commentary on the audience. The cutaway gags are just random and now take up 2/3's of the show - I mean a 5 minute cutaway gag of them singing might have been funny once but it loses its appeal very fast. The older episodes are still good as they have some good humour in it.

South Park is far better to watch IMO, the stuff they come up with is hilarious and is much better in terms of satire.

Also OP, how the hell have you not seen an episode of family guy till now?! Or even hear friends talking about it?

Yonderland is meant to be good like that other guy said and I'll probably watch that, but Rick and Morty is amazing. The writers have such good ideas and they aren't limited as much as other cartoons. Imagine a Futurama with darker humour. Hopefully it gets more popular because once people give it a chance the show will become insanely popular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack1066)
    Haha what?!

The right balance of humour? Have you seen a recent episode of Family Guy lately? It is not even funny, its just Seth Macfarlane pushing his social commentary on the audience. The cutaway gags are just random and now take up 2/3's of the show - I mean a 5 minute cutaway gag of them singing might have been funny once but it loses its appeal very fast. The older episodes are still good as they have some good humour in it.

South Park is far better to watch IMO, the stuff they come up with is hilarious and is much better in terms of satire.

Also OP, how the hell have you not seen an episode of family guy till now?! Or even hear friends talking about it?

Yonderland is meant to be good like that other guy said and I'll probably watch that, but Rick and Morty is amazing. The writers have such good ideas and they aren't limited as much as other cartoons. Imagine a Futurama with darker humour. Hopefully it gets more popular because once people give it a chance the show will become insanely popular
    I've heard lots of people talk about it, I've just never watched it or been bothered to watch it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. One of the most genius things that ever went on TV.
    Interesting how Richard Ayoade had a minor part and now has a burgeoning career, whereas the main guy seems to have disappeared. Admittedly he may be doing stuff I'm not aware of, but the fact that I can't recall his name is telling.

ReputationRep:
    Tofu Banana Cucumber whatever its called.
    Watched one episode, and words cannot describe how I felt about this show. A sense of discomfort perhaps, idk but it was the dumbest **** I have ever seen in my entire existence. I cannot believe I wasted 40 minutes out of my day watching something so stupid. Every minute made me want to lose the will to live - I can't really tell if it was bad, uncomfortable or just strange?
    Have decided I am never watching this series ever again, I've never felt that way about a series before. Usually shows I think are crap I think meh not for me, but this particular show? omfg!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Guy123)
    Oh yeah, I've seen that, it's quite cool seeing those people save so much money
    I know yeah, tell me about it.
    We wouldnt be able to make quite as many savings over here as they do there, but its kind of cool. They may seem a bit nuts, but why not if it saves a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I know yeah, tell me about it.
    We wouldnt be able to make quite as many savings over here as they do there, but its kind of cool. They may seem a bit nuts, but why not if it saves a lot of money.
    True

ReputationRep:
    Angry Kid.

Weirdest **** ever haha.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Twin Peaks is very weird - but I love it. Lynch is a genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. One of the most genius things that ever went on TV.
    (Original post by jimmy_looks_2ice)
    Interesting how Richard Ayoade had a minor part and now has a burgeoning career, whereas the main guy seems to have disappeared. Admittedly he may be doing stuff I'm not aware of, but the fact that I can't recall his name is telling.
    That show sounds interesting - is it roughly the same kind of humour as IT crowd? Gonna watch an episode of it tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuppyFox)
    That show sounds interesting - is it roughly the same kind of humour as IT crowd? Gonna watch an episode of it tonight!
    It's nothing like the IT Crowd really. It's the most out of left field thing I've ever seen, you kind of have to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    Anything on Babestation.

...and their extortionate charges.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet - Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!

It's deliberately crap - spoofs of public access TV skits and cheesy ads and so forth - but it does leave open the question of whether something that sets out to mock crap is still crap in itself. One of my friends loves it, another hates it, so the former deliberately winds up the latter by referencing it. Anyway, it's very weird. I have no idea how the eponymous Tim & Eric got it commissioned in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmy_looks_2ice)
    Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet - Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!

It's deliberately crap - spoofs of public access TV skits and cheesy ads and so forth - but it does leave open the question of whether something that sets out to mock crap is still crap in itself. One of my friends loves it, another hates it, so the former deliberately winds up the latter by referencing it. Anyway, it's very weird. I have no idea how the eponymous Tim & Eric got it commissioned in the first place.
    It's like marmite, you either love it or you hate it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hollyoaks.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Not a TV show, but Freddie Got Fingered is pretty odd and hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professor Oak)
    Not a TV show, but Freddie Got Fingered is pretty odd and hilarious
    Oh I think I've heard of that

ReputationRep:
    The weirdest tv show would probably be 'Naked and Afraid' or anything Bear Grylls is in tbh

ReputationRep:
    In the night garden - kids TV on acid

Or for the adults amongst us Jam. It was a series by Chris Morris prior to brass eye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExRN)
    In the night garden - kids TV on acid

Or for the adults amongst us Jam. It was a series by Chris Morris prior to brass eye.
    Oh yeah, I remember I used to watch In the night garden all the time

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.