The Student Room Group

Getting into Dentistry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi,
I don't know if my grades are good enough and whether my aspiration to study dentistry is over.
At GCSEs I got 3A*s in Eng lit Urdu and Biology, 8 As and 1 B in Eng Lang.
At AS i got BCCC with the B in bio and Cs in Maths Chem and History. I'm dropping history.
I have a 3 A prediction and for Ukcat i got 590 and Band 1 sjt.
Please let me know what you think and where i have the best chance of applying.
to jump from cs to as is quite tough and coupled with your gcses/ukcat might make it hard to secure interviews. Apply and then hopefully if you dont get in this year you will get interviews next year with your 3 As or better and an imporoved UKCAT.
Reply 22
Original post by redhelen
to jump from cs to as is quite tough and coupled with your gcses/ukcat might make it hard to secure interviews. Apply and then hopefully if you dont get in this year you will get interviews next year with your 3 As or better and an imporoved UKCAT.

thankfully i was very close to a B for chem and i am resitting one of my modules for maths and then I'll be at an A. Thanks, i have good work experience but i don't think that will help me because they won't read my personal statement if my grades aren't great. Do you have any advice do well for A levels or to better my ukcat next year?
I think its a matter of putting the work in for boh A levels and UKCAT.Good luck!
You'll be OK, just try to gather as much information as possible, you could try http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk it kind of guides you through the dental application process or you could try the TSR Dental forum its literally got loads of great information, but you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest