Turn on thread page Beta

Make-up tips for oily/combination skin? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takemeback)
    I have the same skin type as you ^-^ It is important that you get a high quality foundation as to not block your pores. Clinique anti blemish is the best for this as it is a mineral foundation which is specifically designed to not block our skin and minimise oil. As for the marks, applying lemon juice via a q tip before bed works wonders as it is a lightner. I moisturize with aloe vera gel because it controls oil and doesn't irritate skin.

As there are so many brands, it's really hard to choose which ones suit my skin best. I'll go to a clinique counter & see if the anti-blemish foundation is good. I've tried their 3 step kit for oily skin but no good. I'll try the lemon juice/ aloe vera too.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie507)
    Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is great, I do touch it up every 2 hours to make sure it stays perfectly matte
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Revlon Colorstay (for oily/combination skin) is pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I'll check that out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Mix your primer with your foundation (if it's liquid)

Setting powder is magical when it comes to dealing with oily skin - it'll make sure that your oiliness won't make your makeup wipe off
    That's new... I haven't tried mixing them together, I might do
    I haven't tried translucent powder, I'll have a look around. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely invest in a bobbi brown powder...completely absorbs any oil when worn over foundation and makes your skin look seriously flawless. I use it every day and it makes my foundation stay on all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buchladen)
    Clinique anti blemish foundation, it is more expensive but as it is oil free and anti pore blocking it is definitely worth it. Moreover, make sure to wash your brushes regularly. A anti blemish powder is ingenious for oily skin too. As for the marks I make a mask from bicarbonate of soda and lemon juice (google it), it is great at mattifying the face and the lemon is a lightener (lightens the marks and evens tone).
    I'll go to a clinique beauty counter to try it first. I'll try the lemon too, I really want to get rid of my dark acne marks. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolclar)
    Thanks for ur help! I haven't tried L'oreal but I'll give it a try to see if it gives my face a matte finish. I'll find some avocado oil
    You can get the 'Olivado' brand from waitrose for £4.50. It's cheaper than amazon and is really good, its the one I use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    You can get the 'Olivado' brand from waitrose for £4.50. It's cheaper than amazon and is really good, its the one I use
    Thanks you've saved me time searching

ReputationRep:
    Is ur skin completely clear now? What products helped with ur acne?
    I'll go to Benefit's & Bare Minerals counter & see what they suggest for me. I'm currently using Max Factor foundation & powder, but not sure if it suits me 100%. But was worth the try.
    I'm currently on medication for my acne and have a strict regime about washing and moisturising my face.

The first thing I went on was the pill, about 3 years ago, and that really helped with my acne, but then it came back about 6 months ago.

As I was 22 this was now classed as adult acne so I went to the doctor again, and I'm now on antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide cream. Both of these are on prescription.

Hopefully I grow out of it soon! I can tell I haven't yet because if I miss a dose the next few days I have some spots come back.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have uneven skin tone on my forehead due to scars from spots, I've tried a few foundations. But I still haven't found the right one for me, make-up ends up looking "cakey". I would like it to end up as natural and matte as possible.

Any make-up tips? Any recommended brands for foundation/concealer/powder? Thanks!
    Hey, I'm 16 and have extremely oily, I also have uneven skin tone. Over summer I was lucky enough to have an internship at MAC Cosmetics, I learnt that Milk Of Magnesia is the best for my skin and trust me I will never spend any money on anything else after this. I don't put makeup on without it. You apply it to your face with a makeup brush and let it try then apply your normal makeup.
    In terms of foundation I would really recommend the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation, It is honestly my favourite. It is full coverage, light weight and doesn't cake.

Hope this helped
    L x

ReputationRep:
    As there are so many brands, it's really hard to choose which ones suit my skin best. I'll go to a clinique counter & see if the anti-blemish foundation is good. I've tried their 3 step kit for oily skin but no good. I'll try the lemon juice/ aloe vera too.
    Thanks!
    I tried Clinique, I was obsessed with the idea of it. My skin was so oily that I looked ridiculous. My saviour was the Maybelline Dream Matte Foundation. Genuinely saved my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw)
    I'm currently on medication for my acne and have a strict regime about washing and moisturising my face.

The first thing I went on was the pill, about 3 years ago, and that really helped with my acne, but then it came back about 6 months ago.

As I was 22 this was now classed as adult acne so I went to the doctor again, and I'm now on antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide cream. Both of these are on prescription.

Hopefully I grow out of it soon! I can tell I haven't yet because if I miss a dose the next few days I have some spots come back.
    I see, which antibiotics are u on? How long is your antibiotics course? I was thinking of going to my GP and ask if I can be on antibiotics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraAdrianna)
    Hey, I'm 16 and have extremely oily, I also have uneven skin tone. Over summer I was lucky enough to have an internship at MAC Cosmetics, I learnt that Milk Of Magnesia is the best for my skin and trust me I will never spend any money on anything else after this. I don't put makeup on without it. You apply it to your face with a makeup brush and let it try then apply your normal makeup.
    In terms of foundation I would really recommend the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation, It is honestly my favourite. It is full coverage, light weight and doesn't cake.

Hope this helped
    L x
    Hello! You've been really lucky! Where can milk of magnesia be bought? I'll also consider Maybelline. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have uneven skin tone on my forehead due to scars from spots, I've tried a few foundations. But I still haven't found the right one for me, make-up ends up looking "cakey". I would like it to end up as natural and matte as possible.

Any make-up tips? Any recommended brands for foundation/concealer/powder? Thanks!
    i have had acne since i was 10/11 years old, im 15 now and my spots are so much better. i went to the dermatolgist sand they gave me a cream to put on my face (its very drying) and a pill to take. i have tried so many foundations over the years, as i was and still am too unconfident to go without. by far the best brand that i have ever used is No7, they have a variety of different foundations powders and cocelers. you can get a free consultation where you get you skin scanned so you can find the right colour for you, you then get asked about how you want the foundation to look. i have tried the light medium and heavy foundations and my favourite is definitly the light one, it looks very natural and with a good powder (again i prefer No7) it gives very good coverage.
    the only downside to it is that its a little on the expensive side, but they usally have offers on so you can get freebies.
    good luck in finding the 'one'
    i hope i helped a little
    pxx

ReputationRep:
    I see, which antibiotics are u on? How long is your antibiotics course? I was thinking of going to my GP and ask if I can be on antibiotics.
    I can't remember the exact name of them, but they're big, in a plastic capsule and are red and yellow.

I'm not on them for a set amount of time, it's just until my acne improves enough.

Word of warning, the antibiotics do take time to work, it can be a couple of months of taking them before you see any difference.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.