The Student Room Group

Girls, is it ok to ask her on a date by text?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fleming1928
Well, you asked whether it's okay to ask her out through text, so I gave you my opinion and said no.
I'm sure you can find at least a minute to tell her this, for example right before or after work? Or ask her out for just a drink or something (through text) and then go into detail and tell her how much you like her once you've met up and you're finally alone.

I don't know about other girls, but sometimes I find it hard to believe a guy if he tells me things like that through text or social media :tongue: it's always better to do things face to face so that you can see the other person's expression and body language.

we finish and start at different times.. so no. its is very rare we are on a break same time, and if we are there are ppl on our table..friends etc. So u think just asking her out for a drink or something?i dont want her to get the wrong idea and think its just a mate thing, i need to be clear in why im asking her. maybe say i like you can we hang out sometime? then when were out ask her on a date?
Original post by mattyj123
we finish and start at different times.. so no. its is very rare we are on a break same time, and if we are there are ppl on our table..friends etc. So u think just asking her out for a drink or something?i dont want her to get the wrong idea and think its just a mate thing, i need to be clear in why im asking her. maybe say i like you can we hang out sometime? then when were out ask her on a date?

I wouldn't say it sounds like a mate thing since you're showing her that you care about her + want to spend more time with her outside of work.

Overall, my main point is: It would be best to tell her that you like her face to face, but asking her on a date or whatever would be acceptable through text (I still wouldn't use the word 'date' since it gives away too much, let her do some thinking :tongue:). Or like other people have said, call her :redface:
Reply 22
Original post by Fleming1928
I wouldn't say it sounds like a mate thing since you're showing her that you care about her + want to spend more time with her outside of work.

Overall, my main point is: It would be best to tell her that you like her face to face, but asking her on a date or whatever would be acceptable through text (I still wouldn't use the word 'date' since it gives away too much, let her do some thinking :tongue:). Or like other people have said, call her :redface:

so how about me saying this.. hello, i would love to spend some time with you and go for drinks if you fancy it? then when were out i can tell her i really like her blah blah and then say i would like to take you a date?
so how about me saying this.. hello, i would love to spend some time with you and go for drinks if you fancy it? then when were out i can tell her i really like her blah blah and then say i would like to take you a date?

You got it :biggrin:
Reply 24
Just text her saying 'I wondered if you fancied going out for a drink one night next week?' Or whatever. Don't say she's gorgeous (only say something like that if you're already text-flirting) or about being friends, just keep it simple and ask if she wants to go out.
Personally i would prefer face to face or a phone call.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your very sexy and hot with big tits
Reply 27
Original post by Zöe-Elizabeth
Personally i would prefer face to face or a phone call.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i will ask her if she wants to spend some time together and go for a coffee, then when were out tell her i like her and i want to take her on a date?
There is nothing wrong with asking a girl out on a date via text.....

However it is not the way to let her know your feelings, that still needs to be done in person prior.
Message her on whether she'd like to hang out sometime. If she accepts, you can then ask her on a date face-to-face.
As a girl, I think that face to face is always better. Especially if you dont get chance to speak to her that much, it says a lot if you make the effort to talk to her and ask her out in person- personally I would prefer that!! It also shows that you're genuine!
Good luck!!
ok so I've been waiting a while to ask her out in person and tell her i like her, but the only time i see her is at work a few days a week, and we never get seated behind each other, if we do there's always customers and collegeus about, i never get time alone with her, so is it ok to text her and tell her this.. i love spending time with u, i think ur gorgeous i would love to take you on a date, if however u dont feel the same i want to remain friends with you.

That sounds cringingly terrible. For gods sake don't say anything like that.

See her in person. After a short chat, ask her if she wants to go for a drink after work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending