Turn on thread page Beta

Why am i so boy attention hungry?!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Something most females on here can relate to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    Something most females on here can relate to.
    *too. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G-mute1995)
    *too. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    **** off

you spelt it wrong, should retake your english GCSE.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PeakBellCurve II)
    Yeah, because your aggression is not commensurate with the content of her post so it's a reasonable conclusion to make.
    I'm pretty sure my aggressive tone isn't only seen in threads of this nature, though these sort of threads are made often . No one can comment on this site without 'jealousy!! :mob:" coming out of their mouths, it's silly.

Anyway, I don't want to set off on a bad foot with you so I'll end this little debacle here.

ReputationRep:
    *too. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It must be awkward when you try to correct someone else's spelling with an incorrect spelling.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The slut starter pack.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *too. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mega fail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tumbleeboo)
    So I'm 17, and well recently, I've started caring WAY too much about getting attention from guys; maybe its an insecurity thing? Saying this in the most modest way possible, I know Im an attractive girl. Guys (and men) often stare at me in public, make comments to their friends, blah blah blah.. and to be honest, I love it to the point where when I go out, I feel disappointed if I dont get checked out at least once. Don't get me wrong, Im far from slutty - Im as virginy as it gets (never even kissed a boy), but I talk to loads of guys on Facebook/snapchat etc, and they all seem pretty into me.

But I don't know, Im so paranoid about it all…say if the conversation between me and the guy Im talking to currently fades out and he doesn't reply, I'll instantly be all "thats it he doesn't like you anymore, he's never going to message you again", and then an hour or so later he'll message me again and I'll realise I was being stupid. AHHH I don't even know what I'm asking, just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to be more relaxed and less insecure about everything!
    Hey, I was kind of in the same position as you a while ago, in fact, I could have written this; it sounds so familiar! It is an insecurity thing unfortunately, you're subconsciously seeking validation, but from the wrong people. I was in a hurry to get a boyfriend so I started to feel like I needed ****boys to tell me I was pretty/boost my confidence. The whole 'being checked out' in public thing sounds like its got a bit out of hand; it's ok to feel happy or flattered IF it happens, but you shouldn't be actively looking for it or trying to make it happen. It's also going to come across to guys that you're desperate, because they can tell when a girl is being flirty or whatever, so look to distract yourself with more important things so you aren't just searching for male attention, then you'll find that boyfriends etc will be more available to you because you look less desperate. Sorry I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing you or being a *****, but I know what kind of trouble I got in when I felt like this and it isn't pretty.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So I'm 17, and well recently, I've started caring WAY too much about getting attention from guys; maybe its an insecurity thing? Saying this in the most modest way possible, I know Im an attractive girl. Guys (and men) often stare at me in public, make comments to their friends, blah blah blah.. and to be honest, I love it to the point where when I go out, I feel disappointed if I dont get checked out at least once. Don't get me wrong, Im far from slutty - Im as virginy as it gets (never even kissed a boy), but I talk to loads of guys on Facebook/snapchat etc, and they all seem pretty into me.

But I don't know, Im so paranoid about it all…say if the conversation between me and the guy Im talking to currently fades out and he doesn't reply, I'll instantly be all "thats it he doesn't like you anymore, he's never going to message you again", and then an hour or so later he'll message me again and I'll realise I was being stupid. AHHH I don't even know what I'm asking, just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to be more relaxed and less insecure about everything!
    It's always good to be self-conscious to the extent that you care about getting attention, but anything more than that is an issue imo. Just be confident about yourself and stop looking for reasons to think that guys won't like you

ReputationRep:
    Lol chill out love.

ReputationRep:
    I guess what I'm asking IS… How do I stop caring as much?!

ReputationRep:
    I guess what I'm asking IS… How do I stop caring as much?!
    Distract yourself! Friends/school/projects/clubs? Its easy enough to do, you just have to make a proactive effort to do something about it; a youth club could be fun; you'd be busy, make new friends so maybe the whole guy thing would be less of an issue

ReputationRep:
    Girls like the OP have a problem with guys like me. For instance, I'll never "stare" at a girl. I'll just take a glance and, if I like what I see, then I'll approach her. It's simple. It occasionally happens the other way around too.

No girl should ever want to be stared at imo.

ReputationRep:

Congratulations OP. You've successfully tied your self esteem to your looks.

Welcome to a world of desperate men fawning over you until you hit 30, realise your getting ugly/fat and then get desperate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17
    Hormones + social norms ~ teenage years are when most girls start to seek male attention and related (personal + social) validation like never before

just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to be more relaxed and less insecure about everything!
    Yup. Often boils down to a lack of self-worth vs. transient self-esteem boosters and associated rush from attention/validation, although it may or may not in your case. I've given counsel to people with comparable issues and posted on my blog about this recently, PM me for the link if you like

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.