Turn on thread page Beta

White people dont know the struggle of regular beatings. watch

ReputationRep:
    The stories I could tell you :lol: black parents can be really creative when it comes to beatings xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriberg)
    i thought this was relevant but couldnt think of a caption

#whiteparenting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treypound)
    when consequences are small it has little affect on people in general which makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess this explains the lower amount of criminality in the black population.

Oh wait.....:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/dooleyfunnyasf/s...93080237428736

lool

ReputationRep:
    they dont grow up getting whipped with belts if they were bad. As a black male with Jamaican parents I grewup with beatings with the belt if I was bad. At the time I cursed my mum but now Im grateful as I would probs have turned out worse, but yh back then I was so used to it that it started to not even hurt, my skin became stronger to.. I was a bad child though. white parents are to scared of the backlash, kids these days have so much power they could land their parents in the **** so easy.. I was to scared to report my mum anyway that thick Jamaican accent was scary

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm white and had pretty much the same upbringing as you... But I don't thank my parents for it because it was wrong and not the way to discipline a child.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    #whiteparenting
    spot on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dozyrosie)
    Any parent that hits his/her child should be locked up. Hitting children does not make for better children, it makes for worse parents in the future. I certainly hope the OP does not continue this abusive parent tradition.
    Tbh I think its down to Jamaican culture as over there kids are beaten in school. I cant blame my mum as she pretty much lives the Jamaican life but in Britain. Obviously with me that is where the tradition ends. But I have to be honest and say it did me more good than harm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stupid thread. Thousands of white kids are abused, as are thousands of black children. It's a case where colour truly doesn't matter. Beating a kid is simply horrific, end of.

ReputationRep:
    I never got beatings, I was just too much of a good girl tbh...

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think its down to Jamaican culture as over there kids are beaten in school. I cant blame my mum as she pretty much lives the Jamaican life but in Britain. Obviously with me that is where the tradition ends. But I have to be honest and say it did me more good than harm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is exactly what it is, cultural, kids were hit in Britain because of culture. It does not make it right, the idea is to break the chain, and stop saying 'it never did me any harm'. Maybe your mom never knew any better way, but today we do know a better way, hitting kids is not a better way, it is a parental failure.

ReputationRep:
    Man i got more than beatings... My dad once shoved chilli powder down my gob for talking smack

I was 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    #whiteparenting
    LOL so true agh

ReputationRep:
    You know them ones where your siblings are crying and you get beat before you've even explained the situation :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadez)
    You know them ones where your siblings are crying and you get beat before you've even explained the situation :laugh:
    Ffs man XD It was incredibly rare that would happen, but the expression on their face would instantly tell you that your fate was decided regardless of what you said :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
    Ffs man XD It was incredibly rare that would happen, but the expression on their face would instantly tell you that your fate was decided regardless of what you said :laugh:
    I had tactics though to avoid beatings.

~Tactic One
    Locking myself in the toilet

~Tacic Two
    If I was due a beating from my dad who wasn't home yet I would go sleep/pretend to sleep. No-ones going to wake someone up to beat them right? :laugh:

~Tactic Three
    Pretend the first hit ,usually the weakest, has caused unbearable pain after which point my parents would feel sorry for me & would discontinue the beatings
    Spoiler:
    Show
    On a side note I once witnessed my friend receiving a tag team beating from his parents. The hilarious part was that it was initially only his mum and his dad came home halfway through the beating and joined in after hearing the reasons for the beatings from his other sons.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Anyone who hasn't played bin pong for the world title and lost with 1 bin to go doesn't know the true meaning of being beaten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadez)
    I had tactics though to avoid beatings.

~Tactic One
    Locking myself in the toilet

~Tacic Two
    If I was due a beating from my dad who wasn't home yet I would go sleep/pretend to sleep. No-ones going to wake someone up to beat them right? :laugh:

~Tactic Three
    Pretend the first hit ,usually the weakest, has caused unbearable pain after which point my parents would feel sorry for me & would discontinue the beatings
    Spoiler:
    Show
    On a side note I once witnessed my friend receiving a tag team beating from his parents. The hilarious part was that it was initially only his mum and his dad came home halfway through the beating and joined in after hearing the reasons for the beatings his other sons.
    1) I never dared to do that. EVER. My brother did that once and my mum literally just watched the television for hours I think and waited for him to come out! :laugh: I felt so bad so I convinced my mum to not beat him and all went well thankfully..

2) DAMN IT! I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! That is actually not too bad of an idea. The thing was though, when I was younger, I mostly got hit because I used to have play fights with my brothers, so i couldn't just run upstairs and say I was sleeping. Wouldn't you just get the beating when you woke up though? XD

3) LMAOOOOO XD Just start rolling on the floor and begin fake crying :lol: That's probably the best one I've heard.

RIP. That must have been painful lmao. What makes it worse is that parents agree too much when it comes to beatings. One will rarely argue against the other when their child is getting beat and it's much more likely that they'll end up in your friend's situation xD

ReputationRep:
    What kind of shameful parent thinks beating their children is for their own good? Fricken ridiculous if you ask me. No parent with a well-functioning cortex should ever do that. When a child misbehaves, punish them, yes, but not beat them! Give them a punishment that relates to their misdeed, don't effing risk scarring them for life. Use reason to stop them from misbehaving, not goddarn fear.

ReputationRep:
    A little smack don't do bad but a beating... Haha Yer that's why there are no black criminals :') at least change up the punishments to make them fit. My nan used to make us eat our dinner outside despite the weather because if we acted like animals at the dinner table we were treated like animals 😂 or writing lines (old fashioned i know but it worked) or the 'naughty step' worked when we were tiny- two minutes per year old. Because 8 minutes to a 4 year old feels like a long time when they are watching everyone else play.

Good parenting doesn't mean being soft but it also doesn't mean being beaten.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a "white kid" I'd like to say I do empathise with you. I may not have had parents from the West Indies or thereabouts, but violent parents aren't just limited to those of an Afro-Caribbean background...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.