Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makotosmakotos)
    Thing is you will never actually KNOW you have died , because to know something you need to be alive.
    So don't worry you'll be dead but it won'y bother you.
    Who wants to live forever anyway?
    read the newspaper , life sucks.
    I don't care if there is a heaven or not but if there did happen to be one I doubt it's ruled by the God of these supposed messengers,Jesus/Mohammed the pedophile.

I'm happy to just to get on with my life rather than follow any sort of religion or cult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A foolish notion. Religion would immediately be replaced by other organisations or belief systems, whether financial, political or even surrounding ethnicity, region or even sport. You move to outlaw a form of collective identification surrounding spirituality; ignorantly you think that this would solve the problems of societal tribalism when in reality it would simply cause people to congregate around other causes or identities, and probably with more violence or upheaval than religion currently causes.

Religion is a symptom of the human condition, not the cause. It is used as an excuse for our prejudices, excesses and weaknesses, used to justify the actions of both the good and the evil; but it is not, ultimately, the actual cause. It is a man-made phenomenon, made in response to our beliefs and actions; not the other way around.

(Original post by AccountingBabe)
    Science has proven its ability to help people where as religion hasn't proven to be of any help for the common person...
    The same applies here: science itself is neither beneficial nor harmful. This is determined solely by how we use science; how we apply it.

Oh, and why can't you spell paedophile correctly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppacoffee)
    Lol.
    You aren't full of hate at all hahahaha.
    Muslims don't care about your opinion if you are trying to get at us.

Like Muslims deep down literally don't care about people like you. If anything to us you are an annoying female anopheles mosquito trying to spread malaria.

In the eyes of Muslims people like you are just selfish who want to sin and get away with it and not have to be lectured as well as not have to face the consequences.
    So was that a diversion from the fact Mohammad was a pedophile?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Science has proven its ability to help people where as religion hasn't proven to be of any help for the common person...

Mohammed was a pedophile though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ALSO, since when did you know the prophet (pbuh) personally? Did you travel back in time or something, are you a scholar? Or did you just listen to a bunch of Bill maher, stephen fry and George bush?

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

Like Muslims deep down literally don't care about people like you. If anything to us you are an annoying female anopheles mosquito trying to spread malaria.

In the eyes of Muslims people like you are just selfish who want to sin and get away with it and not have to be lectured as well as not have to face the consequences.
    To us atheists you muslims are ruining our life with your imaginary god , and your following of an arab pedophile from the stone age.

ReputationRep:

Mohammed was a pedophile though.
    How exactly does Science "help people"?

ReputationRep:
    I am also atheist , and would like to see the world free of religion.

However as the first guy to reply noted, it must include additional cobditions:
    1) it must be Capitalistic.
    2 ) no corruption or dictatorship.
    hmm this is contradictory ... Both Capitalism and Democracy (i.e. no corruption or dictatorship) needs Freedom of Speech.

Freedom of Speech by its very nature allow everyone to think or believe the way they want to .. i.e. you can't exclude religions if you allow people to think .

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

Actually no, I don't care about you following your religion as such but my head is baffled and my conscience is affected when I see sooooo many injustices happening as a result of your stupid religion.

But if I had a country where I didn't have to witness these injustices first hand I would be quite happy to live out my life.

I love how you just have to mention my sex as well... Does that give you empowerment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeXYZ)
    hmm this is contradictory ... Both Capitalism and Democracy (i.e. no corruption or dictatorship) needs Freedom of Speech.

Freedom of Speech by its very nature allow everyone to think or believe the way they want to .. i.e. you can't exclude religions if you allow people to think .
    Not necessarily .
    You can decide that religion is banned , but the economy is going to be capitalistic.
    And you can decide that you can speak about anything besides religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeXYZ)

Well it wouldn't be that the country keeps religious nuts silent but merely a haven for atheists to go to when they had enough of the **** religion brings. You get me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually no, I don't care about you following your religion as such but my head is baffled and my conscience is affected when I see sooooo many injustices happening as a result of your stupid religion.

But if I had a country where I didn't have to witness these injustices first hand I would be quite happy to live out my life.

I love how you just have to mention my sex as well... Does that give you empowerment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are right.
    Islam is the cause of much suffering and destruction in the world today.
    look at al-qaida,taliban,isis and the list goes on....all in the name of islam.
    What do you expect from a religion that was founded in the 6th century by an arab pedophile ?.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You clearly know nothing of this science you up hold so high.
    Go do some research on malaria.

Kind of hilarious .

ReputationRep:
    ALSO, since when did you know the prophet (pbuh) personally? Did you travel back in time or something, are you a scholar? Or did you just listen to a bunch of Bill maher, stephen fry and George bush?
    So you deny that Mohammed ****ed a 9 year old girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So you deny that Mohammed ****ed a 9 year old girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where is your proof?

ReputationRep:
    You clearly know nothing of this science you up hold so high.
    Go do some research on malaria.

Kind of hilarious .
    I am not an expert on science yes but I sure as hell haven't seen any evidence that a God exists nor that there is life after death therefore I'd rather to not be surrounded by people who base their life decisions around it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where is your proof?
    So you can't deny it ok...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Darwin proved we evolved from the apes.
    There is no god.
    god is an invention from ignorant people from 3000 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm16)
    How exactly does Science "help people"?
    Saves lives through medicine, farming techniques to get the best crop yield so less people starve, to purify water so people can drink safe water, it helps build machines to make our lives easier.

Science is everything around us and how we use our knowledge of it has allowed us to not only survive as a species but thrive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He is not used to women freely expressing what they think.
    he lives by the quran - a moral code from the 6th century who was written by an arabic pedophole and mass murderer. just like isis.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily .
    You can decide that religion is banned , but the economy is going to be capitalistic.
    And you can decide that you can speak about anything besides religion.
    A bit like what China is now ... do you think that's the best system?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.