• Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by xDivax90x)
    Thank you very much.

You don't happen to know any decent distance learning providers for GCSEs do you? Because college only offer the 3 so I'd want to study another 3. So I'd have 6 GCSEs 1 as a back up in case I don't pass or get a lower mark on one of them.
    I m afraid I don't. I d suggest maybe if you pick ones without coursework then you could just pay the exam centre to sit them rather than needing a distance learning provider?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I m afraid I don't. I d suggest maybe if you pick ones without coursework then you could just pay the exam centre to sit them rather than needing a distance learning provider?
    Thank you for your help! I'll definitely look into that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDivax90x)
    Thanks for the support everyone I appreciate it

I'm doing Maths, English and Science GCSE at my local college does any one have advice on whether I should study an access course this year alongside my 3 GCSEs or study 5 GCSEs this year and study my access course next year?
    Hi I don't know if you was told this by a tutor. But I am just about to start Access to Nursing and I had wanted to do Access to Nursing alongside GCSE Maths and Science but was told that you could only do one GCSE alongside it as the Access course is really intense... Even though if like me you just want everything to happen right now and get it over with lol I'd stick to what you initially decided to do which was go for your GCSE first which is a great decision! As depending on the college they may be unlikely to accept you on the Access without the GCSE Maths or GCSE English if below a D grade. But I guess each College differs mine pursay would only take you on if you 1) had both GCSE's already at minimum of a D grade or 2) having taken their BSKYB test I think its called (basically literacy and Numeracy test) and got level 1 minimum in the numeracy and level 2 in the Literacy .

There was another option before where the Access courses use to include English and Maths but the examining boards have pretty much phased this out (annoyingly) lol

Either way Good luck in whatever you decide to do.. (sorry if you have already decided) I didn't scroll down to read the rest of the comments before replying lol Remember to work hard and that you can do it! An just think before you know it you will be on your course at uni with this stage of things nothing but a distant memory. All the best

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.