Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it foreign men that always flirt? watch

(Original post by Yawn!)
    Have I met British people....seriously?

British is a nationality. White British is a race. Learn the difference.

I find it hard to take seriously the ramblings of an individual who goes after 'foreigners', seems not to be British (in any way) herself, and hides behind Anon.

English people I mean.

I can't deal with you.

I'm not going after all foreigners. I'm going after those foreign men that are openly perverted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    English people I mean.

I can't deal with you.

I'm not going after all foreigners. I'm going after those foreign men that are openly perverted.
    :facepalm:

Yeah, I'm done wasting my time with you. You have no idea what you're talking about.

A parting piece of advice....learn about what you're talking about before you go on your next rant.

I've experienced this too, it's only foreign men who ever try to flirt with me. I assume they are desperate and hit on all young English girls.

(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    I've experienced this too, it's only foreign men who ever try to flirt with me. I assume they are desperate and hit on all young English girls.
    They're not just hitting on English girls but on all sorts. So desperate.

ReputationRep:
    daft judgement on your behalf

does desperation really have much to do with being a good partner or not. and why be so judgemental.

no wonders why youre single.

ReputationRep:
    British people are culturally more reserved. It's not like we never flirt, but if you think about it, we typically save it for certain occasions - pre-specified dates; private social engagements, pubs, nightclubs, bars, and with people with whom we already have some form of friendly relationship. Outside of that, we don't tend to make advances on strangers and certainly not commonly in daytime public life such as in shops, on the street or on public transport.

I would suggest that we observe that 'foreign men' do this because they don't have that same level of British societal reservation and perception of etiquette. A good comparison to illustrate this would be to watch how American men behave about asking for numbers or flirting in random public scenarios; they have a different social etiquette that is far less reserved and personal-boundary driven.

Our societal reservation is what makes us civilised, and the rest of the world (Yanks in particular) barbarians, though :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

(Original post by Friar Chris)
    British people are culturally more reserved. It's not like we never flirt, but if you think about it, we typically save it for certain occasions - pre-specified dates; private social engagements, pubs, nightclubs, bars, and with people with whom we already have some form of friendly relationship. Outside of that, we don't tend to make advances on strangers and certainly not commonly in daytime public life such as in shops, on the street or on public transport.

I would suggest that we observe that 'foreign men' do this because they don't have that same level of British societal reservation and perception of etiquette. A good comparison to illustrate this would be to watch how American men behave about asking for numbers or flirting in random public scenarios; they have a different social etiquette that is far less reserved and personal-boundary driven.

Our societal reservation is what makes us civilised, and the rest of the world (Yanks in particular) barbarians, though :fyi:
    This is so true. British people would flirt in pubs or other social places. British workers wouldn't really flirt with their customers. They tend to keep it professional. With America, I see it happening a lot in New York.
    It depends on our surroundings really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    Our societal reservation is what makes us civilised Boring, and the rest of the world (Yanks in particular) barbarians more fun to be around, though :fyi:
    Fixed it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Why do each of these men's behavior in your anecdotes lead you to believe they are desperate? They are simply showing interest in a friendly, non-threatening way. This is how people around the world meet and form relationships.

If they were high-value, attractive guys I bet you wouldn't be lambasting them on an online forum

Don't worry, once you've hit the wall and lost your youthful allure and mystique you won't be getting attention from any men anyway - desperate or not, so you'd better enjoy the attention whilst it lasts.

(Original post by ell365)
    Why do each of these men's behavior in your anecdotes lead you to believe they are desperate? They are simply showing interest in a friendly, non-threatening way. This is how people around the world meet and form relationships.

If they were high-value, attractive guys I bet you wouldn't be lambasting them on an online forum

Don't worry, once you've hit the wall and lost your youthful allure and mystique you won't be getting attention from any men anyway - desperate or not, so you'd better enjoy the attention whilst it lasts.

Excuse me? I'm a minor. Friendly? My ar*e. Are you attempting to justify their actions? Workers should maintain a professional environment for their customers. Why should they flirt during work? It's coming off as desperate for me and other girls especially when they are foreign.

I still would regardless of that because I find it creepy.

Well I know I'll have someone that'll I'll be getting attention from anyway.

ReputationRep:
    South Asian/some European men's game is a bit on the ham-fisted aka creepy side rather than chilled and subtle. Much easier to pick up on. So either everyone is hitting on you and you only notice those, or they're the only ones willing to try on you.

ReputationRep:
    What is it with foreign men that always flirt? Specifically South Asians and Europeans.

I went to the Post Office the other day to buy some things. The guy at the counter (South Asian) said 'hi, beautiful lady'.. this was when I was 16. The guy looked like he was in his 30's. I get told that I look like a baby-faced chipmunk.

Just today in Sainsburys, I had a foreign guy (another South Asian; he was a worker) say 'excuse me, young ladies' then had a huge smile that lasted for a minute. The only people that were in front of him was me, my friend and middle aged women.
    Probably because I was wearing shorts and he saw my behind that he smiled. He followed me to self checkout and only offered help to me. I was only buying one item. Not my friend or any other customer. It was busy also.
    Then my friend's dad said he'll buy my item along with his food. Then he asks if you're together. I said yes. So then that's how the guy disappeared. He doesn't even help other customers he just goes off and talks to one of his co-workers. The guy probably got frightened that I had an grown adult with me.

Last year, my friend had a European guy that was flirting with her to get her to buy something. My friend is like 1'40 tall. She looks like 12 and she had this guy hitting on her. Somewhat creepy. We were like 15/16. The guy looked like in his late 20's.

It's foreign workers that do this? They don't excessively flirt, most of them... they just seem perverted!

Anyone with stories to share?
    These are the worst examples of flirting. Due to your lack of knowledge on the subject of flirting, I doubt anyone has ever even been sexual attracted to you.

ReputationRep:
    We in life attract the the people with similar levels of attraction. I hope the foreigner was good looking.

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    daft judgement on your behalf

does desperation really have much to do with being a good partner or not. and why be so judgemental.

no wonders why youre single.
    Err no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Don't flatter yourself gal--- Dey want dat dellicious passport not ya booty
    Loooool that red Book can work miracles

ReputationRep:
    What is it with foreign men that always flirt? Specifically South Asians and Europeans.

I went to the Post Office the other day to buy some things. The guy at the counter (South Asian) said 'hi, beautiful lady'.. this was when I was 16. The guy looked like he was in his 30's. I get told that I look like a baby-faced chipmunk.

Just today in Sainsburys, I had a foreign guy (another South Asian; he was a worker) say 'excuse me, young ladies' then had a huge smile that lasted for a minute. The only people that were in front of him was me, my friend and middle aged women.
    Probably because I was wearing shorts and he saw my behind that he smiled. He followed me to self checkout and only offered help to me. I was only buying one item. Not my friend or any other customer. It was busy also.
    Then my friend's dad said he'll buy my item along with his food. Then he asks if you're together. I said yes. So then that's how the guy disappeared. He doesn't even help other customers he just goes off and talks to one of his co-workers. The guy probably got frightened that I had an grown adult with me.

Last year, my friend had a European guy that was flirting with her to get her to buy something. My friend is like 1'40 tall. She looks like 12 and she had this guy hitting on her. Somewhat creepy. We were like 15/16. The guy looked like in his late 20's.

It's foreign workers that do this? They don't excessively flirt, most of them... they just seem perverted!

Anyone with stories to share?
    What's seriously wrong with saying "excuse me ladies?"

Also, English isn't his first language most likely, if he's foreign to UK. So he probably learnt common English by looking at films where he saw this and doesn't understand people for some reason find it less charming and more so creepy or intrusive or simply annoying. If a foreign man said "good evening, pretty young lady" to me, as has happened, I wouldn't be freaked out. Most likely being me I'd ignore him, but I wouldn't be offended.

Now if he was an Englishman and said, "what's good, *****? Gimme booty." I would be offended.

This has a racial undertone to it. Probably why you've posted anonymously.

(Original post by Cherie Amour;[url="tel:59181225")
    59181225[/url]]What's seriously wrong with saying "excuse me ladies?"

Also, English isn't his first language most likely, if he's foreign to UK. So he probably learnt common English by looking at films where he saw this and doesn't understand people for some reason find it less charming and more so creepy or intrusive or simply annoying. If a foreign man said "good evening, pretty young lady" to me, as has happened, I wouldn't be freaked out. Most likely being me I'd ignore him, but I wouldn't be offended.

Now if he was an Englishman and said, "what's good, *****? Gimme booty." I would be offended.

This has a racial undertone to it. Probably why you've posted anonymously.

The reason why I posted anonymously was because I knew my post would come across as racist and offensive.

But if you saw the expression on that guy's face... He was holding a huge smile on his face. It looked perverted. He followed me to self checkout also, only helping me out. I found it creepy. Not all foreign guys are like this. But some of them are.

If an Englishman were to do the same thing, I'd still be creeped out. However I only have foreign men that are hitting on me lately because I'm pretty much not an attractor.

I'm not being racist. I'm a woman of colour myself (as daft of a defense that is) I'm just sharing my observations.

ReputationRep:
    south asian men are always thirsty
    because there's not much water in south asia

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.