Turn on thread page Beta

All animals should be neutered or spaying watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The OP said that all animals should be neutered... If the OP really does want to practice what she preaches, she should get herself spayed first (as she's offered to do earlier) and then ask the rest of us to do so with ourselves and our pets.
    Yes, which is why I said the OP hasn't put it very well. Obviously all animals should not be neutered, that's just silly, but there is a point to be made that a lot more animals should be neutered.

ReputationRep:
    This seems relevant :3

ReputationRep:
    People should have the choice as to whether they are neutered (though no one quote me on this ).

You fail to recognise what a paedophile merely is; it's merely those who have the sexual attraction to prepubescent children. You fail to do this, like so many others on TSR. Well, now, hopefully you're enlightened (though I don't get my hopes high, after Hydeman's failed attempt.) People always confuse sexual attractions with sexual behaviour. Well don't. It's annoying having to always point this out to people.

Do you know, child molesters often have other motives, other than a sexual attraction? (Or so I've heard, anyway, and which was logical.) They can be opportunists, manipulators, expressing dominance (power plays) etc. etc.

I think it's also right to presume that many paedophiles are also innocent, as yet again, paedophilia is merely a sexual attraction, not behaviour, so behaviour can be controlled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1812)
    I know the specific terms I am not stupid
    Going by the inane babble in your opening post, that is open to debate.

(Original post by Restar)
    Not to mention you've automatically assumed that all "whole" dogs have behavioural problems which is a very big (and untrue) generalisation; castrating a timid (just one example of many) male dog I believe is known to even have negative effects (did I read that in a Sarah Whitehead book? I think so but can't be sure).
    This is true, it's rare but dogs that have been have been known to gain behavioural problems.

ReputationRep:
    I am really annoyed with idiots purchasing pedigree dogs or any dogs just to breed them sorry but there is something called animal over population also neutering your dogs reduces the chance of them having testicular and prostate cancer as well as changes their behaviour in a good way. It is now harming the dog by neutering it as it is done under anesthetic and they are animal and people and they can't reproduce sensibly. I hate owners who buy dogs and will not neuter them or buy dogs because of looks/pedigree to make money from the dogs this means mix breeds are not desireable and those dogs are put down. I once had a rabbit I was small I regret not neutering it as it would have been beneficial to him and me is well.
    You do know there are more efficient methods of global extinction of animals than manually neutering every animal? Besides, some animals reproduce asexually.

ReputationRep:
    You're right that many people aren't responsible with their pets (having a cat that goes outside that isn't neutered is pretty negligent) and many breeders do it for the money without caring about the health of their animal(s) and the offspring and the quality of the homes they sell the young too. But there are good reasons you may not want to neuter an animal. I've been told (by a farmer) that working dogs are keener when they are intact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    You do know there are more efficient methods of global extinction of animals than manually neutering every animal? Besides, some animals reproduce asexually.
    Gas chambers, nerve gas, rabies perhaps, death squads, TSAR bomb (I think?)(also doesn't discriminate between species that much, or care for survival of the fittest that much, as well)...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am really annoyed with idiots purchasing pedigree dogs or any dogs just to breed them sorry but there is something called animal over population also neutering your dogs reduces the chance of them having testicular and prostate cancer as well as changes their behaviour in a good way. It is now harming the dog by neutering it as it is done under anesthetic and they are animal and people and they can't reproduce sensibly. I hate owners who buy dogs and will not neuter them or buy dogs because of looks/pedigree to make money from the dogs this means mix breeds are not desireable and those dogs are put down. I once had a rabbit I was small I regret not neutering it as it would have been beneficial to him and me is well.
    Yes, overpopulation is a thing but like this is nature, this is how its supposed to be. Not everything that humans say is correct. Just because we have decided that they are becoming more than they should be, doesn't mean ANYTHING. And then we take their ability to reproduce, ruin their natural way of doing things? Yes indeed, it's absurd. Neutering is just another example of humans thinking they own the place and its just plain stupid. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Gas chambers, nerve gas, rabies perhaps, death squads, TSAR bomb (I think?)(also doesn't discriminate between species that much)...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure. Even simple spearing would be more efficient.
    Rabies only affect mammals as far as I know though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Sure. Even simple spearing would be more efficient.
    Rabies only affect mammals as far as I know though.
    True, very true.
    Simple also works best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

P.S. Adding that smiley looks beyond creepy.

ReputationRep:
    Go have a look at the other threads she's created in her few months on this website and no further explanation will be necessary. :lol:
    If all you will do is make rude comments and mock people don't say anything nice to say don't say it I am making a good argument many animal are put down due to irresponsible owners not neutering their pets so maybe you should stop being unkind and rude and stop picking on people because when I will start looking at your threads and making rude comments and mocking you making you look bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zummar)
    Yes, overpopulation is a thing but like this is nature, this is how its supposed to be. Not everything that humans say is correct. Just because we have decided that they are becoming more than they should be, doesn't mean ANYTHING. And then we take their ability to reproduce, ruin their natural way of doing things? Yes indeed, it's absurd. Neutering is just another example of humans thinking they own the place and its just plain stupid. STUPID STUPID STUPID.
    I think humans also over populate I hate idiots who intentionally have a dozen of kids like 5 and know they will ever be able to afford that much kids because their job is not a job which will allow them to raise their children with a good quality of life. I agree with China's 1 child policy we in the uk should have a 2 child policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Yes, which is why I said the OP hasn't put it very well. Obviously all animals should not be neutered, that's just silly, but there is a point to be made that a lot more animals should be neutered.
    This is the point I am making but I am using emphasis to persuade

If all you will do is make rude comments and mock people don't say anything nice to say don't say it I am making a good argument many animal are put down due to irresponsible owners not neutering their pets so maybe you should stop being unkind and rude and stop picking on people because when I will start looking at your threads and making rude comments and mocking you making you look bad.
    The following are what you describe as 'good' arguments:

It is now [sic] harming the dog by neutering it as it is done under anesthetic and they are animal and people and they can't reproduce sensibly.
    I once had a rabbit I was small I regret not neutering it as it would have been beneficial to him and me is well.
    Peadophiles should also be spayed or neutered depending what the gender is.
    They should
    I know the specific terms I am not stupid
    If you are a paedohile you should have no right to decide and it should be a must to punish them as brutal as possible.
    Give me a break.

Oh and go right ahead with your threat. I don't make stupid threads complaining about how terribly unfair my life is - all without using so much as a single comma or fullstop. I don't care.

This is the point I am making but I am using emphasis to persuade
    No, you're stamping your feet like an angry child and not providing an argument in favour of what you're saying. Nice euphemism - 'emphasis.' More like hoping to give the other person a headache with your appalling English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alba2013)
    I'm embarrassed for you.
    My points are very valid it is not embarrassing to acknowledge that animal over population is a problem. It is embarrassing to be delusional and ignore the problems around us.

ReputationRep:
    The following are what you describe as 'good' arguments:

Give me a break.

Oh and go right ahead with your threat. I don't make stupid threads complaining about how terribly unfair my life is - all without using so much as a single comma or fullstop. I don't care.
    I don't know anyone with less manners then you attacking users I can use punctuation but I prefer not to as this is informal writing sorry but I am not writing an essay for school you have no manners what so ever humiliating everything I say I think you should be ashamed of yourself and my threads are not stupid they make good points you are the stupid one as you bother wasting your time replying to what you say are stupid threads.

ReputationRep:
    I think OP should be neutered so that she doesn't breed.

I don't know anyone with less manners then you attacking users I can use punctuation but I prefer not to as this is informal writing sorry but I am not writing an essay for school
    Then why do you expect people to put up with your bull**** threads, if you're not going to write in legible English? Most of the people here are English-speakers so it's not an unreasonable request that you use a couple fullstops and commas every now and then rather than writing these borderline incoherent walls of text.

I have manners alright; I just have a policy of not putting up with bull****.

humiliating everything I say
    You do a fine job of that without my assistance.

my threads are not stupid they make good points
    What good points would those be?
    'i miss my pet rabbit.'
    'i hate my aunt.'
    'i think the uk education system is failing me :/'
    'i want a pet rabbit but my mum wont allow me'
    'all animals should be neutered or spayed'
    'London is too warm.'
    'i hate alcohol'
    'my mum is so annoying'
    'my mum is never proud of me'
    'Alcohol is the devil'

These are not good or interesting points in anybody's estimation but yours. Perhaps you should come back in a few years when you've learned how to write English and ceased to be a whiny crybaby? Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone with less manners then you attacking users I can use punctuation but I prefer not to as this is informal writing sorry but I am not writing an essay for school you have no manners what so ever humiliating everything I say I think you should be ashamed of yourself and my threads are not stupid they make good points you are the stupid one as you bother wasting your time replying to what you say are stupid threads.
    Punctuation is not about formal/informal writing, it is about making your posts readable and manageable. Your punctuation need not be perfect or even remotely good, but a comma where a pause for breath should be would go a very long way. The odd fullstop or even a comma (incorrectly) in place of a fullstop would also help a tonne.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.