Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan S.)
    Thank you very much for your helpful advice! It is very much appreciated! I will do further maths in the end, during school as well as self studying for my 3 modules: FP1 M1 and M2.
    I agree with what others have said about Further Maths. It may be possible to use FMSP resources ... some of the options are for on-line tuition ... it's certainly worth looking into. Not having taken M1 and M2 would be a real gap for an Engineering applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Happy to help If you are doing Edexcel there's lots of online resources and M1 and M2 are useful for engineering anyway.
    I realized last year that they have a lot of past papers there. what other resources are there? SORRY BUT THANK YOU VERY MUCH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ian.slater)
    I agree with what others have said about Further Maths. It may be possible to use FMSP resources ... some of the options are for on-line tuition ... it's certainly worth looking into. Not having taken M1 and M2 would be a real gap for an Engineering applicant.
    Thank you for your reply. I think i will manage without the online tuition, by self studying and the school teacher helping me and as well as teaching me for FP1 and M1 and M2. I will look into the website though for anything helpful.

ReputationRep:
    I realized last year that they have a lot of past papers there. what other resources are there? SORRY BUT THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    You've found exam solutions? It is good if you are teaching yourself
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Well I did in the end decide to do f maths AS. As for the modules, my school only offers FP1 M1 and M2, which I believe are good modules for engineering, seeing as my normal maths doesn't have enough mechanics, in my opinion. Well, i am doing a bit of further reading, and I might look at the other FP modules at summer if I can. Any feedback? It would be appreciated!
    Agree with everything the others are saying - you absolutely need M1 and M2 for engineering, and (assuming you get an offer) I would read up on some M3 over the summer hols after your A levels as it contains some important topics like Simple Harmonic Motion and Circular Motion which you will almost certainly encounter at some point

I asked my friends and the further maths teacher, and after watching your response, now I believe that I can do further maths AS and get an A (if I work hard enough, which I will). So now I have full 3 a level subjects plus another AS.
    Btw, i realized that you are also an applicant for Cambridge. What course are you applying for, and do you think I have a chance if i apply at Cambridge? sorry for being a disturbance and THANK YOU!
    That's brilliant! I'm glad you got it sorted! I'm sure you'll do very well
    And you honestly have a brilliant shot at Cambridge, even if you don't get into your college of choice you'll get auto-pooled, and your UMS is very high anyway so honestly you're pretty much guaranteed an interview haha I'm applying for Physical Nat Sci!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    That's brilliant! I'm glad you got it sorted! I'm sure you'll do very well
    And you honestly have a brilliant shot at Cambridge, even if you don't get into your college of choice you'll get auto-pooled, and your UMS is very high anyway so honestly you're pretty much guaranteed an interview haha I'm applying for Physical Nat Sci!
    Thank you for your very positive responses. It really does help! Well your course is certainly very interesting. Hopefully we both get to meet someday, that is if we manage to get into the same college successfully. Have you thought about the colleges yet btw?

Thank you for your very positive responses. It really does help! Well your course is certainly very interesting. Hopefully we both get to meet someday, that is if we manage to get into the same college successfully. Have you thought about the colleges yet btw?
    No worries! I'm applying for Magdalenes if we both get in, hmu I'll see you at freshers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    No worries! I'm applying for Magdalenes if we both get in, hmu I'll see you at freshers
    Well, I was thinking about St. Catharines...If the colleges arent that far, we could still meet It would be a relief already knowing someone there, b/c being in a new place not knowing anyone at first makes me nervous

Well, I was thinking about St. Catharines...If the colleges arent that far, we could still meet It would be a relief already knowing someone there, b/c being in a new place not knowing anyone at first makes me nervous
    Oh right I see, yeah sure, I know what you mean - it gives you a little bit of comfort
    Good luck with your application!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.