Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    The forum would most likely be on read only or hidden
    +1

(Original post by Roving Fish)
    Also you cannot become a sub anymore. It's only a matter of time before subs is done away with altogether.

I'm excited that TSRG can offer all of the learning materials to students for free as it means everyone can get help, whatever their background.
    Roving Fish the Roving Robot.

(Original post by spotify95)
    In which case, what will happen with the Back Room (or whatever it is called) forum, that only subs can see? Especially since the subscription thing is getting rid of?
    Hopefully it will just become a legacy feature for old subs.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Either merged with Chat (if appropriate) or binned?
    :eek:

:nope:

(the idea to open up TBR for everyone has already been debated, so that wouldn't happen, and there's no way threads from a forum that had more relaxed rules would be moved into Chat.. we'd like to make Chat better!)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I highly doubt they'd be moved to Chat - private forums will remain, well, private.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Well it depends if the CT give you permission to obliterate the threads, or whether they just want them in the ordinary bin!

Or alternatively, such threads could be put in the appropriate place on the board (most likely Chat).
    They wouldn't release TBR to Chat - there is stuff posted there which was posted under the understanding that it would not be released to anyone to see... When subs were first made free, there was uproar there about what would happen understandably, and the decision was that it would stay private to subs for the time being. The content will never be released, most likely just archived like everything else which is removed from users' eyes!

EDIT: basically what's been said (didn't check 2nd page before posting haha!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I highly doubt they'd be moved to Chat - private forums will remain, well, private.
    In which case if they abolished subs, the content would probably be moved to the recycle bin.

As otherwise all the ex-subs would be able to view the content but everyone else wouldn't, despite subs not bring in place?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    In which case if they abolished subs, the content would probably be moved to the recycle bin.
    Also unlikely, in my opinion - there's no reason to scrap the section when it can just be archived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    The forum would most likely be on read only or hidden
    In which case, read only may be a better option, with continuing the discussion taking place in Chat if needed (in a new thread).

If it was hidden, how would they do it? Would it be to old subs only? Would it be mods only (a la Recycle Bin)? Or would it be different?

ReputationRep:
    Also unlikely, in my opinion - there's no reason to scrap the section when it can just be archived.
    So they'd archive the section so it was read only?

In that case, who would be able to read said section? Anyone? Just old subs? Mods only?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    So they'd archive the section so it was read only?

In that case, who would be able to read said section? Anyone? Just old subs? Mods only?
    Depends how they set it up - why the sudden interest?

ReputationRep:
    Because I wanted to know what would happen with regards to the subscription stuff if subscriptions were cancelled?

And btw, I have never actually had a subscription before....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Roving Fish the Roving Robot.

Hopefully it will just become a legacy feature for old subs.
    Yup, otherwise it would either be moved onto the main forums (unlikely) or moved to a mod only section or read only section (more likely).
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    They wouldn't release TBR to Chat - there is stuff posted there which was posted under the understanding that it would not be released to anyone to see... When subs were first made free, there was uproar there about what would happen understandably, and the decision was that it would stay private to subs for the time being. The content will never be released, most likely just archived like everything else which is removed from users' eyes!EDIT: basically what's been said (didn't check 2nd page before posting haha!)
    Okay so I take it that if and when the subscriptions are finally cancelled then any private stuff to do with subscriptions (i.e. the back room) will be converted into a mod only section, like the recycle bin is.
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    :eek::nope:(the idea to open up TBR for everyone has already been debated, so that wouldn't happen, and there's no way threads from a forum that had more relaxed rules would be moved into Chat.. we'd like to make Chat better)
    Okay, that makes sense! And chances are that would mean that some of the content in that section would probably break a couple of rules used in Chat.And if other users don't want said threads to be moved into public, then that's the best thing.
    Because I wanted to know what would happen with regards to the subscription stuff if subscriptions were cancelled?And btw, I have never actually had a subscription before....
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    That won't be happening. The Back Room had way more relaxed rules and confidential info it in, it's not suitable for the public site.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Subs are being cancelled? Means I'll never be able to change my name colour.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Because I wanted to know what would happen with regards to the subscription stuff if subscriptions were cancelled?

And btw, I have never actually had a subscription before....
    I know you've not had a subscription before, hence the question

ReputationRep:
    Basically, it's being screwed up by out-of-touch corporate types.

Am I the only one who wasn't even aware of this??
    How much do you people pay anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Re:
    Robin: the Fishy Mod and TSR Champion of Education.

(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    That won't be happening. The Back Room had way more relaxed rules and confidential info it in, it's not suitable for the public site.
    Who posts information in a post that is not supposed to be read by any non-paying user when any non-paying user could have just accessed it by becoming paying user? -_-
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Who posts information in a post that is not supposed to be read by any non-paying user when any non-paying user could have just accessed it by becoming paying user? -_-
    Obviously people are going to post differently in a section that has a select number of users to how they will on the main site that has a couple of million
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Robin: the Fishy Mod and TSR Champion of Education.

Who's Robin?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.