Turn on thread page Beta

So we are moving towards a totalitarian state, you guys ready? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Grade A paranoia. They aren't interested in monitoring you if you have done nothing wrong. CCTV can quite often provide vital evidence in convictions.
    No, I'm not paranoid, it's sad some of us still think that. They are monitoring us, we are the ones under surveillance, we don't really know to what extent.

Surely you must ask yourself at some point, why there is crime? not the we need CCTV surveillance to document criminal behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Neither. The benefits are to help secure convictions.
    doesn't the question, why do we have crime ever cross your mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sprinxd)
    "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength".
    Where'd you get that from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM713)
    No, I'm not paranoid, it's sad some of us still think that. They are monitoring us, we are the ones under surveillance, we don't really know to what extent.

Surely you must ask yourself at some point, why there is crime? not the we need CCTV surveillance to document criminal behaviour.
    I'm not too concerned. In fact I feel safer with CCTV around because at least I know someone might be watching if I need help.

Why is there crime? Because there will always be people who commit crime. We need CCTV to provide evidence of a crime being committed so the perpetrators can be brought to justice.

ReputationRep:
    doesn't the question, why do we have crime ever cross your mind?
    Why is that relevant to CCTV coverage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I'm not too concerned. In fact I feel safer with CCTV around because at least I know someone might be watching if I need help.

Why is there crime? Because there will always be people who commit crime. We need CCTV to provide evidence of a crime being committed so the perpetrators can be brought to justice.
    What I understand here is, you are to busy in your everyday life, to question the basic fundamentals, so you just make do, hence the answer you have given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Why is that relevant to CCTV coverage?
    because it's like putting one of those little sticky plasters of a deep wound.

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait, it means mean people like me can get into power muahahaahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    I cant wait, it means mean people like me can get into power muahahaahah
    Overloads in training?

ReputationRep:
    Overloads in training?
    Yes that is my current occupation

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Do people think OUR government are in control of every aspect of our lives? You can say whatever you want, what you should worry about is the public backlash, not the concern (invented in your own head) that the government is tutting at what you're saying.

Unless you're a terrorist, then you should be concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Yes that is my current occupation
    Turns out it's mine too! you learn something you everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    Seriously? Do people think OUR government are in control of every aspect of our lives? You can say whatever you want, what you should worry about is the public backlash, not the concern (invented in your own head) that the government is tutting at what you're saying.

Unless you're a terrorist, then you should be concerned.
    I agree with you there, I am concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Turns out it's mine too! you learn something you everyday.
    Loool i dont like competition, there can only be one true overlord.

ReputationRep:
    because it's like putting one of those little sticky plasters of a deep wound.
    What alternative would you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    What alternative would you prefer?
    Questioning and understanding why we have crime is an alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Questioning and understanding why we have crime is an alternative.
    Been attempted for decades with various degrees of success. I don't believe it's possible to stop all crime totally and so would rather we had CCTV to help secure convictions when the crime does happen.

ReputationRep:
    What I understand here is, you are to busy in your everyday life, to question the basic fundamentals, so you just make do, hence the answer you have given.
    What is your answer then?

ReputationRep:
    It's just a manifestation of the classic trade-off between civil liberty and security.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Been attempted for decades with various degrees of success. I don't believe it's possible to stop all crime totally and so would rather we had CCTV to help secure convictions when the crime does happen.
    I don't know about you, but, I know social conditions have a lot to do with levels of crimes, doesn't take decades to realise that. Once that is understood, the idea that CCTV coverage, is anywhere near good enough an alternative is laughable.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.