Turn on thread page Beta

Why is TSR OBSESSED with Islam? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've given up commenting on those types of threads. Some people are just so ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmprin)
    I hope so
    I really do wish there were more sensible people like you out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    I really do wish there were more sensible people like you out there.
    Thanks...me too! haha. TSR is very soul destroying. The sheer amount of moronic comments literally depresses me. Important to remember most people on here are merely children with a lot to learn about the world.

ReputationRep:
    1. TSR is predominantly for students, students tend to be liberal and educated. so there's a natural clash with ultra-conservative dogmatic Islam.
    2. As the most poisonous ideology in the 21st century, which impacts largely on current affairs, it's a problem which is often discussed.
    3. You can't criticise it in real life. See Charlie Hebdo, Danish cartoonists and Rushdie to see what happens, as well as the chorus of morons shouting racist.

A clash between Western civilisation and Islam is inevitable really

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...me too! haha. TSR is very soul destroying. The sheer amount of moronic comments literally depresses me. Important to remember most people on here are merely children with a lot to learn about the world.
    Haha yeah very true indeed. They are still very young and they have a lot to learn on how the world works. I agree, TSR has become a place full of hate and ignorance. Do you know what I find ironic? I see a lot of comments on how Muslims should be eradicated and bombed off the face of the earth because of their "extreme ways" however they (those who post that comment) display extreme and disturbing mentalities themselves; making them just as deranged and mad as terrorists. I don't blame those who join terrorist organisations anymore (even though I still think it's wrong). If I was accused of being a terrorist 5 times a day, I would soon to think I have no place in this society. I will be damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Haha yeah very true indeed. They are still very young and they have a lot to learn on how the world works. I agree, TSR has become a place full of hate and ignorance. Do you know what I find ironic? I see a lot of comments on how Muslims should be eradicated and bombed off the face of the earth because of their "extreme ways" however they (those who post that comment) display extreme and disturbing mentalities themselves; making them just as deranged and mad as terrorists. I don't blame those who join terrorist organisations anymore (even though I still think it's wrong). If I was accused of being a terrorist 5 times a day, I would soon to think I have no place in this society. I will be damned if you do, damned if I don't.
    I completely agree. Young muslims are marginalised so much, I don't even blame them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Haha yeah very true indeed. They are still very young and they have a lot to learn on how the world works. I agree, TSR has become a place full of hate and ignorance. Do you know what I find ironic? I see a lot of comments on how Muslims should be eradicated and bombed off the face of the earth because of their "extreme ways" however they (those who post that comment) display extreme and disturbing mentalities themselves; making them just as deranged and mad as terrorists. I don't blame those who join terrorist organisations anymore (even though I still think it's wrong). If I was accused of being a terrorist 5 times a day, I would soon to think I have no place in this society. I will be damned if I do, and damned if I don't.
    By the way...you do have a place

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree. Young muslims are marginalised so much, I don't even blame them.
    Yup. I just hope people realise the effects of alienating young muslim and how it can influence the growth of a terrorist organisation.

ReputationRep:
    By the way...you do have a place
    Thanks bro! You really are a good person. Many can learn from you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Thanks bro! You really are a good person. Many can learn from you
    I'm a girl, but thanks!! Have a good day!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl, but thanks!! Have a good day!
    Oh lol :lol: Haha so sorry. I always call everyone bro. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I accidentally called a girl bro without knowing haha. Again sorry and thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm20)
    You mean you believe in a book that you claim to not believe in?
    When did I even imply I believe in the book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member1753327)
    Because Sharia Law will be present in the UK very soon, so why not educate ourselves about Islam now not to waste time?
    There is little evidence that suggests this. While Islam is on the rise, it still only accounts for 5% of the total population of the UK, and is expected to rise to 11% in 2050. Even if you think 35 years is "very soon", 11% is not a majority - there are expected to be 4 times as many Christians in the UK in 2050 than Muslims, and probably 3 times as many Atheists as Muslims. Sharia Law is not going to come to the UK for a very long time.

You also have to remember that there are (to my knowledge) no elected politicians that support Sharia Law in the UK. Since we live in a democracy (not a perfect democracy, I know, but still a democracy), a significant amount of the UK population would have to support Sharia Law for it to pass, which is not going to happen for a very long time, if ever at all, since Muslims will be a minority for the forseeable future, and even then more than half of Muslims do not support Sharia Law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm20)
    You gave your reason for fearing Islam by posting some verses.

I've had a look at the those verses and nothing in them seems to directly affect you, unless you happen to believe.

Hence, my statement that surely you must believe in said book if you are taking verses that are not relevant to you and using them as a justification for your fear.
    I'm an unbeliever, the second verse literally talks about striking terror into my heart, beheading me and removing my fingertips. Can you not read or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I'm an unbeliever, the second verse literally talks about striking terror into my heart, beheading me and removing my fingertips. Can you not read or something?
    Yes, Muslims, believing the Quran is the word of God, believe that God will do that to unbelievers.

But you are here believing that God will do that you.

But you don't believe that the Quran is the book of God.

You see the paradoxical situation you are in:

In order for you to legitimately use those verses to justify your fear in Islam, you need to believe in said verses but if you believe in said verses, then you are automatically a Muslim and a Muslim, by their very nature, does not "fear Islam".

ReputationRep:
    people tend to say things they wouldn't usually say to people's faces, this explains the constant insulting of islam and muslims on this forum.
    Also another thing is people can claim someone they are not behind the computer screen, for example a Christian, jewish or hindu can insult pretend to be athiest or another religion and insult muslims without the risk of people coming back to him or her about their religion.

ReputationRep:
    I guess some people are ignorant, sure Isis are legit scum however the majority of Muslims are kind, gently people

just ignore the hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    "Islamophobia" is an awful word. Being critical of a backward, medieval ideology is a medical condition now?
    Alright alright, I was just trying to say 'fear/hatred of Islam'. And fyi, Islam is not all bad - as with anything - and like any Holy Book, people take from it what they want, which reflects more on the people than the Book itself. Not saying its perfect, because IMO I think it has many backward messages in it, but Christianity has many terrible passages too. People just interpret what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brennanlee)
    Alright alright, I was just trying to say 'fear/hatred of Islam'. And fyi, Islam is not all bad - as with anything - and like any Holy Book, people take from it what they want, which reflects more on the people than the Book itself. Not saying its perfect, because IMO I think it has many backward messages in it, but Christianity has many terrible passages too. People just interpret what they want.
    That's not strictly true, the bible is a bunch of books written by some blokes who followed Jesus about, and a lot of it was written years or decades after the fact. So you take it with a pinch of salt, and most Christians agree on this. There's lots of ambiguity and metaphor in the Bible.

The Qu'uran is the word of god. There's no room for interpretation. It's black and white. So when God decides that the kiddy-diddling Muhammad is the pinnacle of humanity, that everything he does is perfect, you can't just ignore it. Nor any of the other terrible things contained in the Qu'uran.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.