Turn on thread page Beta

Is it OK that I'm dating 3 girls at once? watch

QUOTEhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items...rrow-10x10.png=silaiestatira;59217011]if the three girls know then it's fine; your morals/ do what you feel is right. agree it'd get annoying with the parents but ultimately people have different ethics and different morals and so not every1 will think it's "right"
    it's all subjective. what matters in this is how you feel and how the girls feel (as in, they know they aren't the only one you're dating)

yes it might get stickier in a while because one of them might eventually demand something more serious but you're not in that position yet etc etc so all's good imo[ QUOTEhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items...rrow-10x10.png]

If that happens then I will have to end it with her, because I'm not looking for anything serious at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Travisty)
    I feel like because you're already asking advice from random people that you yourself feel it's wrong in some way??
    Only because his parents have brainwashed him. I.e. 'which one is this one'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So yeah, I'm currently dating 3 girls my age (21). I met two of them on a night out and then the last one, who I've been dating since last week at a shopping centre.

I've been getting a lot of backlash from it from my parents of all people. They believe I should be focusing on one girl and not 3. My mum is especially against it and whenever I bring another girl home she'll say stuff like "Which one is this one?" - which I find pretty rude.

Dating =/= Relationship.

Sure you date (i.e go out) with your BF or GF, but dating is more to with discovering new people and new personalities while having fun.

All 3 girls know I'm not only dating them, and none of them have expressed concern. If one were to tell me they felt uncomfortable, I would have to end it with her.

It doesn't feel like I'm stringing any of them along, I just haven't chosen who I want to commit to...
    You said you're not in a relationship, as you're dating. So end what?
    And I think this is how dating goes.
    You are dating I would assume to test out who you like enough to keep seeing/dating. Before you ask them to make it official like in a sandbox in primary school, or during a heartfelt conversation where you affirm your feelings for another. So obviously you'd go through a couple people before you'd normally get to this state. I know people and have been in this situation myself where I have like two dates in a week and a few times, in a day.

QUOTEhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items...rrow-10x10.png=mmmmmmmmmmmmm;59217099]This sounds dodgy af. :lolwut: What type of girls are these?[ QUOTEhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items...rrow-10x10.png]

Well they're quite different you see... what seems to be the problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I mean as long as you're not in a exclusive relationship with any of these girls and they are aware, then it is okay. Things may become sticky later on though.
    Sticky indeed.

ReputationRep:
    So long as everybody is fully aware of the situation then it's your life. 21 is young to tie yourself down. The three girls can make their own minds up whether they mind or not. It's not a desirable situation but you're all young and until you become exclusive there's nothing technically that you're doing wrong. Your life, your decision. It's not really anyone else's business anyway!

QUOTEhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items...rrow-10x10.png=Cherie Amour;59217419]You said you're not in a relationship, as you're dating. So end what?
    And I think this is how dating goes.
    You are dating I would assume to test out who you like enough to keep seeing/dating. Before you ask them to make it official like in a sandbox in primary school, or during a heartfelt conversation where you affirm your feelings for another. So obviously you'd go through a couple people before you'd normally get to this state. I know people and have been in this situation myself where I have like two dates in a week and a few times, in a day.[ QUOTEhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items...rrow-10x10.png]

End the dating, obviously. I couldn't deal with the fact that one of them would want a relationship, when I don't.

I'm not going to be the one to ask whether they want to be official or not... this happens naturally in all relationships. I hate forcing things and not letting either party in the relationship their own space.

ReputationRep:
    Thought about this a bit in the past, as there has been some overlap in my dates, and concluded that as long as I'm not having sex with any more than one of them at any one time, it's fine/my business who I date and on what basis. Only circumstances in which I'd feel ok with having sexual relations with more than one date is if they were all clean, not having sexual relations with others, and unlikely to be upset/terribly offended by the prospect of me 'maintaining my freedom', for a while at least. In general, if the following applies, think twice about dating/shagging about:

"I don't have a girlfriend but I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that" - Mitch Hedberg

ReputationRep:
    All 3 girls know I'm not only dating them, and none of them have expressed concern. If one were to tell me they felt uncomfortable, I would have to end it with her.
    Perfectly fine, then.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    If you're upfront about it then you're not leading anyone on or being manipulative. You're all adults - if they feel that situation's not for them they're free to stop dating you.

ReputationRep:

It doesn't feel like I'm stringing any of them along, I just haven't chosen who I want to commit to...
    If you're open about it, there's no problem at all. Honestly, sounds like too much effort for me, and someone will probably end up upset, but it's entirely their choice to get into this arrangement.

ReputationRep:
    Teach me your ways :adore:

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, I'm currently dating 3 girls my age (21). I met two of them on a night out and then the last one, who I've been dating since last week at a shopping centre.

I've been getting a lot of backlash from it from my parents of all people. They believe I should be focusing on one girl and not 3. My mum is especially against it and whenever I bring another girl home she'll say stuff like "Which one is this one?" - which I find pretty rude.

Dating =/= Relationship.

Sure you date (i.e go out) with your BF or GF, but dating is more to with discovering new people and new personalities while having fun.

tell me how it all ends.:ahee::ahee:
    beware. don't catch feelings for all three:lol::lol:

ReputationRep:
    So long as there's no verbal commitment then you are not committing any acts of inferiority.

ReputationRep:

Dating =/= Relationship.

It's fine. However, I personally think FWB arrangements are way better in the sense that you don't have to bother with the "going out" side of it.

ReputationRep:
    If they all know and are fine with it, what's the problem?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.