The Student Room Group

why Muslims?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rat_Bag
The thing is, pretty much everything ISIS are doing is endorsed by the Qur'an and Hadith. This is the dilemma that knowledgeable Muslims are finding themselves in; they know that so much of what ISIS do is Halal, but they just don't the look of it. So many of my Muslims friends (devout and otherwise) are developing such strong doubts about Islam in the face of seeing pure Islam in practice in the form of ISIS

Can you please identify what ISIS does that is not Islamic or endorsed by the Qur'an and Hadith?

They are butchering and killing people. These are the horrific crimes as well many others all because some people have a different faith and they are also killing Muslims. I dont believe in violence. You can't force people to convert.. Many Christians and yazidis are being persecuted and being made to leave their homes and everything. It's not nice and trust me this is not part of Islam. They are nothing but criminals
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Xlxl23
They are butchering and killing people.

Mohammad and his gang oversaw the bloodbath of the Banu Qurayza, where 700 men and boys were butchered and the women and girls were forced into slavery. This sounds very similar to what's going on in ISIS

Original post by Xlxl23
These are the horrific crime as well others all because some people have a different faith and they are also killing Muslims.

ISIS are killing Shia (rafida), moderate Muslims (murtads), and any Muslim who is resisting the caliphate. This can all be supported by the Qur'an and Hadith

Original post by Xlxl23
I dont believe in violence.

Then you should pick a different religion

Original post by Xlxl23

You can't force people to convert.

Islam gives Christians and Jews the option of paying a discriminatory tax, conversion to Islam, or death. That's basically forcing people to convert.

Original post by Xlxl23

Many Christians and yazidis are being persecuted and being made to leave their homes and everything.

This is how it was in 7th century Arabia with Mohammad and his gang marauding across the land.

Original post by Xlxl23

It's not nice and trust me this is not part of Islam.

Yes it's not nice, but no, it is part of Islam. Sorry to break it to you

Original post by Xlxl23

They are nothing but criminals

At least we agree on something
Apolgies my bad.

But awww sure you cant spare me thirty seconds? Google just happens to tell me about taste and sodium 😐
Original post by cookiemunch
I'm new to TSR and just happened to see (at first glance so correct me if i'm wrong) there is a lot of hate regarding Muslims?

I would think its because of the chain of events mentioned in the media on regular basis?
Although, in all honesty if you looked from a wider perspective you'd know that there are approximately 1.6 billion (21% approx.) Muslims in the world and only a minority - around 3% would actually be considered to be extremists or related to terrorism.

so... why so much hate?

Muslims.. how do you feel about this??

People only hate us cos they're scared of how far us Muslims have come as a religion
Honestly tho...idgaf what people think...we all gonna die soon the you'll realise
I'm new to TSR and just happened to see (at first glance so correct me if i'm wrong) there is a lot of hate regarding Muslims?

I would think its because of the chain of events mentioned in the media on regular basis?
Although, in all honesty if you looked from a wider perspective you'd know that there are approximately 1.6 billion (21% approx.) Muslims in the world and only a minority - around 3% would actually be considered to be extremists or related to terrorism.

so... why so much hate?

i dont think its directed toward muslims, but toward islam - this point has been made many times over on tsr. no other faith causes as much problems worldwide today.

also 3% is just 480,000 which is a very conservative figure, seeing as apart from active islamists all over the world that commit acts of murder - there are almost certainly many times more than this who are behind the scenes raising funds for them, providing logisitcs, websites etc. and then even more who do not take part but share their ideology and even more again that are sympathitic to their actions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The_Internet
Did a Muslim take your job?
Maybe a Muslim took your girlfriend?
Is that why you're so unhappy?
Maybe you can't progress because a Muslim took your university place right?

Lool :biggrin:
Original post by Waqar Khanny
Honestly tho...idgaf what people think...we all gonna die soon the you'll realise

It's true akhi!
They are so blind to the signs :frown:
Original post by Vakitisvitis
If I was in charge , you muslims would pay for your crimes against humanity, freedom and happiness and progress..

Well you aren't in charge so deal with it ^.^
Reply 29

so... why so much hate?

I got so angry at first because these people were literally not debating, there was nothing constructive about it, they were trying to make me apologize for things that Muslim minorities have done around the world, like huhh?

Like this guy was telling me to apologise for Muslim rapists like what?
Muslims are humans who have free will to do as they please even if it's against the religion itself

The constant negativity from the trolls, constantly replying to me attacking my religion was frustrating, then i realized no matter what evidence or what source of information i can give them to make them understand my points, it wasn't gonna work, it's like debating a brick wall.

For my own sanity i say, ignore them because people who generalise an entire group and spread hate are too unintelligent to argue with
Reply 30
Original post by cuppacoffee
It's true akhi!
They are so blind to the signs :frown:

If there were signs which held water then I'm pretty sure the entire world would be Muslim.
But there aren't.

If I'm a good person I'd like to think if there was a God then he wouldn't send me to burn for ever just because I wasn't born into a strictly religious family.
Reply 31
Original post by Waqar Khanny
People only hate us cos they're scared of how far us Muslims have come as a religion

What?!? How far Muslims have come? By today's standards, Muslims are the most backward of the 6 main religions
Reply 32
Original post by Ghaniza

The constant negativity from the trolls, constantly replying to me attacking my religion was frustrating, then i realized no matter what evidence or what source of information i can give them to make them understand my points, it wasn't gonna work, it's like debating a brick wall.

Have you ever considered that the points you are trying to make are just unfounded and not supported by "sources" and "evidence" as you claim?

I mean from a limited interaction with you, I've noticed you have very poor debating skills, never or rarely support your points with evidence, and in general just become emotional and shout (CAPS, bold and large text) when your points are defeated.

Hope this helps
Reply 33
Original post by Rat_Bag
Have you ever considered that the points you are trying to make are just unfounded and not supported by "sources" and "evidence" as you claim?

I mean from a limited interaction with you, I've noticed you have very poor debating skills, never or rarely support your points with evidence, and in general just become emotional and shout (CAPS, bold and large text) when your points are defeated.

Hope this helps

LEAVE ME ALONE damnnn you find your way in every 'Islam' related topic and then reply to me, obsessed with islam?
I don't want to reply to you because it's non constructive

bye asf
Reply 34
Original post by Ghaniza
LEAVE ME ALONE damnnn you find your way in every 'Islam' related topic and then reply to me, obsessed with islam?
I don't want to reply to you because it's non constructive

bye asf

Erm, I was on this thread before you. Either way, no need to get emotional and start shouting. Makes you look silly
Reply 35
Original post by MissML
I don't hate Muslims. I don't mind any religion so long as they have respect for me (not being religious).

I think the issue is that the media portrays so many extremists that are supposedly Muslim. People don't realise, that extremists and terrorists are everywhere, not just in one religion. People are afraid of what they don't understand, and for a lot of people, religion and cultures that are perhaps more 'traditional', is one of these things. I'm not in anyway trying to say that it's right to hate Muslims or any religion of course, but there is always something in the media which makes people afraid, and a lot spread across the internet which is false, and people use it against certain cultures.

EDIT: Perfect example, look at WW2, and anti-Semitism. The huge amount of propaganda that was used to blame them for the problems in the world, e.g. Germany's failing economy at the time. The world will always blame it's problems on groups that don't 'fit' with the modern society.

ISIS is just another "good reason" to hate Muslims. Lots of people hate Muslims for their culture and religious tradition like wearing hijab etc.
Look at the current situation: how All these "refugees" behave? They are like savages, entering the eurotunel or not wanting to go to refugee camp. I think this pisses people off more than potential ISIS members
Reply 36
Original post by Rat_Bag
Erm, I was on this thread before you. Either way, no need to get emotional and start shouting. Makes you look silly

exmuslims usually leave and never look back but you just can't, can ya?rhetorical Q, don't reply
Reply 37
Original post by Vandervalls
Have you even been to Calais. Most refugees there are not Muslims. There are almost no Syrians there most of them are in Germany. The vast majority are eritrean who are mostly Christian and afghsns who are Muslims. I have been to Calais. Idiot.

And who cares who exactly they are? I'm just giving examples of how all these immigrants behave. If they don't want to respect Europe they shouldn't have come here.
There are lots of country in Asia where they could have go to
Reply 38
Original post by Ghaniza
exmuslims usually leave and never look back but you just can't, can ya?rhetorical Q, don't reply

Actually a great many ex Muslims strive to improve people in their own situation, or who want to make the transition, and also want to strive to create a society where they are accepted and tolerated, not reviled and ostracised (which is the case now, in both Muslim countries, and the West)
Reply 39
Original post by Nottie
And who cares who exactly they are? I'm just giving examples of how all these immigrants behave. If they don't want to respect Europe they shouldn't have come here.
There are lots of country in Asia where they could have go to

Are these examples based in first hand experiences? Or what you have read on websites?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending