The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beardless
Just keep giving her foamy beverages untill she gets the message, then BOOOM like magic give her a large voucher for a beauty place that does laser hair removal, which I believe is pretty permanent.

No.

It's electrolysis for small areas like upper lip.

Even permanent hair removal methods require touch ups.

There's no way really of telling her without causing offence. I would maybe try saying, would you want me to be honest with you even if it is going to hurt your feelings. Hopefully, she'll say 'yes' and then you have permission (but go gently) and she's prepared for something hurtful.
QUOTE=thecatwithnohat;59217835]yes

tell her to use veet or summat, but be nice about it :innocent: otherwise she'll throw you a punch x

But at the same time, if she removes it, there is a chance it can grow back thicker so whatever floats your boat :dontknow:[ QUOTE]

This is a known myth. If you shave your beard, it doesn't grow back thicker...
Original post by laffytaffy
No.

It's electrolysis for small areas like upper lip.

Even permanent hair removal methods require touch ups.

There's no way really of telling her without causing offence. I would maybe try saying, would you want me to be honest with you even if it is going to hurt your feelings. Hopefully, she'll say 'yes' and then you have permission (but go gently) and she's prepared for something hurtful.

Yes.

They can use both.

That's why I said "PRETTY" permanent.

Get your facts right and read the post before you answer next time.

To the OP here is a link to info for laser and laser vs electrolysis

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/hair-removal/laser-hair-removal

http://beauty.about.com/od/hairremoval/f/electrolysis.htm
Original post by Beardless
Yes.

They can use both.

That's why I said "PRETTY" permanent.

Get your facts right and read the post before you answer next time.

To the OP here is a link to info for laser and laser vs electrolysis

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/hair-removal/laser-hair-removal

http://beauty.about.com/od/hairremoval/f/electrolysis.htm

No. Not on your face. It's

A. not worth the risk of hyper-pigmentation .
B. even though women moustache hairs are dark enough to be noticeable, they generally aren't as dark as say, leg hair. Although new lasers claim to work on lighter hair now - the best results are light skin, dark hair.
c. You have to be careful about exposuring the area to sun, even when it's not sunny, why worry about when it's not sunny?
d. laser is more expensive

Pretty permanent would still probs means forking out £100 a year for laser on your 'tasch'. So unless he kept on paying for it... (Plus expansion of point d: the initial cost, requiring the minimum 8 sessions would be £400...compared to about £120 for electrolysism and then £30 a year touch ups).

Also, if you're considering laser for an appropriate area, you should try to wait, if you're under 18. Hormonal changes effecting hair growth in puberty can mean really poor results (e.g needing 20 sessions instead of 8).
Original post by VotreAltesse
QUOTE=thecatwithnohat;59217835]yes

tell her to use veet or summat, but be nice about it :innocent: otherwise she'll throw you a punch x

But at the same time, if she removes it, there is a chance it can grow back thicker so whatever floats your boat :dontknow:[ QUOTE]

This is a known myth. If you shave your beard, it doesn't grow back thicker...

For girls, if you wax or shave in the wrong way, the hair will grow back thicker and there's a chance you can even get ingrown hairs. Unless you're luckily enough to have very fine or light-coloured hair.

I've seen it happen to a girl in my year who shaved her arms :facepalm:
Original post by somemightsay888
Ohhh shiiiit, this is a lose-lose situation really :rofl: In 6 months it'll be like making out with Stalin :frown:

Or Osama. :biggrin:
QUOTE=thecatwithnohat;59238263]For girls, if you wax or shave in the wrong way, the hair will grow back thicker and there's a chance you can even get ingrown hairs. Unless you're luckily enough to have very fine or light-coloured hair.

I've seen it happen to a girl in my year who shaved her arms :facepalm:

"No shaving hair doesn't change its thickness, color or rate of growth.

Shaving facial or body hair gives the hair a blunt tip. The tip might feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, the hair might be more noticeable and perhaps appear darker or thicker but it's not.

If you notice a sudden increase in facial or body hair, talk to your doctor. This could be a medication side effect or a sign of an underlying medical condition. Your doctor might also provide advice about various hair-removal techniques."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/hair-removal/faq-20058427

I think it's time you delete your account and move on.

"No shaving hair doesn't change its thickness, color or rate of growth.

Shaving facial or body hair gives the hair a blunt tip. The tip might feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, the hair might be more noticeable and perhaps appear darker or thicker but it's not.

If you notice a sudden increase in facial or body hair, talk to your doctor. This could be a medication side effect or a sign of an underlying medical condition. Your doctor might also provide advice about various hair-removal techniques."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/hair-removal/faq-20058427

I think it's time you delete your account and move on.

Delete my account because of being proven wrong? I don't know about you but that wouldn't kick my self-esteem low enough to contemplate leaving the site.
QUOTE=thecatwithnohat;59255969]Delete my account because of being proven wrong? I don't know about you but that wouldn't kick my self-esteem low enough to contemplate leaving the site.

It was joke, just like your original response.
**** me, lots of ***** on this forum..
I once committed the grave (and unforgivably arrogant) offence of drawing my first girlfriend's attention to an almost vanishingly indistinct formation of vellous hairs on her upper-lip, which—in what might be described as a momentary yet catastrophic lapse-of-judgment precipitated by mild OCD—I helpfully suggested that she "shave off" before proceeding to orally engulf my entire foot up to the abdomen.

In short: don't be that boyfriend.
(edited 8 years ago)

It was joke, just like your original response.

Considering I'm still mad at you, I'll admit that was actually a pretty good comeback :lol:

And for the love of God please learn how to quote me properly.
QUOTE=thecatwithnohat;59277459]Considering I'm still mad at you, I'll admit that was actually a pretty good comeback :lol:

And for the love of God please learn how to quote me properly.

Quoting you properly is the least of my concern...

Quoting you properly is the least of my concern...

cool
Don't try to embarrass her just let her know that she is everything for you even with that moustache if u love her just make her comfortable and give her ur attention and safe her from bullies

Latest

Trending

Trending