Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Loooove J. Cole. Funnily enough I was reminiscing about his concert today.

(Original post by narusku)
    He is my guy! I was listening to wet dreams and it pretty much encapsulates teenage romance (or at least nervousness towards sex) - so honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Love that song. Have you seen the video?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I used to be in love with him when I was 14, he is very good at 'painting a picture' with his word. I don't listen to him anymore though.
    Dear mama, your son hurtin'
    Living in this cold world where *ahem* shun virgins
    And praise hoes.

I used to think "wow this truth". Oh how I was wrong... :facepalm:
    I used to like him, not anymore though. I jammed so hard to Work Out and Who Dat in year 9 and I had such a crush on him. He was my wallpaper on my Blackberry Curve. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Lol what? He is the first rapper to get platinum on an album with no features in over 25 years.
    hes not exactly a household name though, literally nobody near me know of him but my boyfriend and I, at least near me that is

ReputationRep:
    Ridin' round town with a big ol' raaaaaange

I still bump to 'work out' tbh 😈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    hes not exactly a household name though, literally nobody near me know of him but my boyfriend and I, at least near me that is
    Yeh i get you, his audience isnt the masses like drake who does catchy/trendy songs, he's a lot more well known in the US defenitly, and hip hop has only recently started to become more popular in the UK so who knows in 5 years time where he'll be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sneakerhead)
    Ridin' round town with a big ol' raaaaaange

I still bump to 'work out' tbh 😈
    Step 1: Listen to workout again and focus in on some guy in the background making monkey noises.
    Step 2: hate me for ruining the song for you

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: Listen to workout again and focus in on some guy in the background making monkey noises.
    I hate you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sneakerhead)
    I hate you
    Sorry dude. I cant listen to that song anymore since someone pointed it out to me lol.

ReputationRep:
    over rated

ReputationRep:
    A Tale of 2 Citiez is probably the most darkest song he has ever made. The instrumental + His lyrics + His Flow = gg
    That's what I like about J Cole, he's diverse

ReputationRep:
    Career has really taken a hit since he went to Aston Villa, thought his swansong was at West Ham

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i get you, his audience isnt the masses like drake who does catchy/trendy songs, he's a lot more well known in the US defenitly, and hip hop has only recently started to become more popular in the UK so who knows in 5 years time where he'll be.
    yeah thats what i mean, i dont think hiphop is big enough in the UK yet, shame really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Dear mama, your son hurtin'
    Living in this cold world where *ahem* shun virgins
    And praise hoes.

I used to think "wow this truth". Oh how I was wrong... :facepalm:
    I used to like him, not anymore though. I jammed so hard to Work Out and Who Dat in year 9 and I had such a crush on him. He was my wallpaper on my Blackberry Curve. :lol:
    :rofl::rofl: I remember those days , I myself, could sing to the whole of 'lost ones'. 1,2,1,2....

I just played, I still remember ALL THE WORDS!

I miss those days Drowzee we were so innocent :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggpotato)
    Why not?
    Music preferences changed, times have changed...

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAA

I never heard that before! I can't believe I never noticed that. All these years...

Reads post: "No he can't be serious"

Plays song:" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:"

Admittedly hearing J.cole again is making me want to listen to him again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAA

I never heard that before! I can't believe I never noticed that. All these years...

Reads post: "No he can't be serious"

Plays song:" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:"

Admittedly hearing J.cole again is making me want to listen to him again...
    Ive stopped listening to it completely since i cant unhear the monkey sounds lol.

ReputationRep:
    Decent at Chelsea, played out of position too much, good on the ball though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    I think it was a really strong album but more importantly i think that it was released at a really good time, i just feel really bad for him because he has no where near as much recognition as i think he should have. also, we have the same birthday so i like him more than most haha
    He's easily in the top 3 of his genre I'd say but if u mean in terms of awards then I'd agree although forest hills drive did go platinum which is pretty amazing. Haha that's cool I share a birthday with hitler fgs
    Logic is as good for me and doesn't get enough recognition hopefully that'll change when his second album drops this autumn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Top shelf, his current moral crusade (while is great in itself at times) can go a little over the top though. Recently watched an interview and it sounded like he was trying a bit too hard to be profound.

This on the other hand is pretty great. Dope way to slide into Love Yourz.

ReputationRep:
    Also Cole is on tour at the moment (as seen in the video I linked) and from what I've seen and rumours being banded around the shows he's been doing are transcendent, people are saying it's some of the best they've ever seen. Albums come and go from the charts, but if the people truly love the music, they'll turn out in droves to see that album performed live, and right now no Cole is really pulling in the followers it seems.

Forest Hills Drive did truly hit the spot for me too even though I liked him from before. It was relatable, had strong underlying messages and the tunes resonated good vibes. It wouldn't be unjust to say that for a period after its release he did "snatch the crown".

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.