Turn on thread page Beta

The decline of Christianity is leading to the destruction of Europe watch

ReputationRep:
    Pretty cool with being called a non-Christian. I'm not going to want to be called something I'm not. But why say it in such a malicious way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoomCha!)
    Agree completely, Islam has contributed nothing of value to society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please go and check your facts before you decide to badmouth an entire religion. The religion is a belief not a person, is it? The people in that religion, the Muslims, are the ones who do things. And just to clarify, who are the people who came up with the numerical system. So go do some research.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahlam_Abdi)
    Please go and check your facts before you decide to badmouth an entire religion. The religion is a belief not a person, is it? The people in that religion, the Muslims, are the ones who do things. And just to clarify, who are the people who came up with the numerical system. So go do some research.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't that the Hindus? It the Greeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I totally respect that you stand up for your beliefs and you clearly have strong values but the socioeconomic problems in Europe right now and the rest of the world are totally nothing to do with a lack of Christianity.

Please don't make out that atheists and people of all religions are not deeply troubled by the current migrant crisis and the majority of people really do want their governments to do more to assist in any way they can.

Liberalism as a concept is a very positive part of society when done correctly and without basic liberal ideas we would still be stuck in the backwards unfair society that existed in the 17th century. I am sure your religion is a very important part of your life and is a great source of comfort for you but so to are all the religions to those who follow them and a decrease in those believing in any of them is not what is causing the issues we all face right now.

But seriously yous all need to pull yourself together because the slating of other peoples religions here while you expect people to instantly respect yours is a bit ridiculous like. If people just calmed down and realised that everyone is allowed to have their own views we wouldn't have any of these problems. Practice your religion in peace and allow others to do the same xoxox

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slipandsquirm)
    Wasn't that the Hindus? It the Greeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The current numerical system we use is called the Hindu-Arabic numeral system although it came from the Hindus (well Indians) via the Arabs.

Our current system is a bit more in common with the Hindu numerals than with the Arabic numerals.

In the Arabic system, only 1 and 9 are similar to how we write them in the West, whereas the Devanagari script of the Indians are similar to our 0, 1, 2, 3 and 9 (inverted though) and to a very limited extent 8.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, my name is fouzia
    I am specialized in american civilization
    We can discuss together religious facts
    I am very interested in the western culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fouzia27)
    Hello, my name is fouzia
    I am specialized in american civilization
    We can discuss together religious facts
    I am very interested in the western culture
    Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    Where are you from?
    Iam from algeria

ReputationRep:
    Iam from algeria
    Ok... What religious facts do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    Ok... What religious facts do you know?
    I know , for instance, about the birth of puritanism in england and its move to america

ReputationRep:
    I know , for instance, about the birth of puritanism in england and its move to america
    Yeah I know that's why there's so many new sects born in the US. Anything I wouldn't know?

ReputationRep:
    We can discuss
    Where are u from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuit)
    They hate and call anyone who doesn't conform to their values crazy!
    It's becoming difficult but we must stand strong.
    I'm an atheist and I don't do this at all! But thanks for stereotyping me, someone whose religion teaches tolerance and not to be judgemental..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoomCha!)
    Agree completely, Islam has contributed nothing of value to society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lmao Muslim scientists contributed loads - then the Church burned all their findings. Funny, that... (Before you hit me with the 'you're biased!' argument, I'm not religious.)

ReputationRep:
    Explain why with your perceived view that Christianity is dwelling that was has increased when there was been countess war throughout history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteSatin)
    Anybody knowing a serious science developed in Saudi Arabia?

Any science in the Muslim Middle East?

Any human achievements?

All these human masses under sharia live only for consuming?

Anybody to tell me, what Muslim Middle East achieved to contribute to the modern world history - except wars, massive human genocide and destruction?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/newr...ply&p=59323081

Oh, and by the way, the numbers 0-9 are Arabic you ignorant fool. That took 5 seconds to find. .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djpailo)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/newr...ply&p=59323081

Oh, and by the way, the numbers 0-9 are Arabic you ignorant fool. That took 5 seconds to find. .
    It's actually the Hindu-Arabic numeral system and that took 4 seconds to find . Invented in India and spread by the Arabs.

Our current system has a bit more in common with the Hindu (Indian) numerals than with the Arabic numerals.

In the Arabic system, only 1 and 9 are similar to how we write them in the West, whereas in the Indian system written in Devanagari, it is similar to our 0, 1, 2 and 3.
    9 is inverted and 8 has some similarity, but to a very limited extent.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_...ty_rate#Europe

Required fertlity rate to not go extinct 2.1
    EU fertility rate 1.6

were doomed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by lucaf)
    Yeah, no we won't.
    Yeah we will, when they outnumber us and say our country is there's now. what will you do when your outnumbered 3:1.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Christian but from my observations I would
    Say what you say about community is 100 % right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.