I hate being black watch

ReputationRep:
    Haha u guessed it XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConstantlyStressed)
    I hate my hair
    I hate my skin colour
    I want to change, but I know i shouldn't.I thought I was going through a bad spell of feeling ugly, but this has been lasting for such a long time.

How do i overcome this. please. every time i go out i see girls who are lighter skinned, who are skinnier, who have silkier, longer prettier hair, and i wonder how the **** am i ever going to find someone who loves me for me.

I'm in my feelings, I know. Late nights got me feeling extra emotional.
    I think I know how you feel but there are so many things that you have to be proud of! Your rich history, your mother tongue (even if you don't know it/see reason to speak it) and you should be proud of all of the thing that those of ebony complexion have influenced.

You should be proud in your skin!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone goes through these feelings. What one person hates, the other wants. If you're fair skinned you want to be darker skinned, if you're darker skinned you want to be fair skinned, if you've got straight hair you want curly vise versa. You'll learn to love yourself. 💖

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    Given our history as well as the media's general perception of what constitutes to being beautiful, I think black girls are entitled to feel proud and comfortable of their skin colour.

You hardly ever hear of white people being completely insecure of their race/hair texture, do you?
    I am not denying you capacity to be comfortable with your body, just question how being a black female is something to feel a sense of achievement for. I am contented with my body would perhaps be more suitable.

All black people share a joint history? OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    There's lots of beautiful black girls getting married every day. Light skin is not better I'm 1/4 black with the light skin, green eyes, long sandy hair and most black guys aren't even interested in me.. My dark skinned black friends on the other hand are beating them off with a stick! And aside from that remember it's character over colour
    damn.

you sound beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherie Amour)
    Lol I'd rather hold my urine all day than read another thread like this.
    You're a peng lighty but have compassion with Op .. Cuz some people do have inferiority complexes and I know a few irl. Also what's ur ethnicity gal you look exotic rawr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.C)
    damn.

you sound beautiful
    I'm imagining a darker skin shakira jeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    You didn't quote anyone lol, so did I guess correctly?
    Yes u guessed it,sorry I'm new to TSR and this app is a pisstake:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of beautiful black girls getting married every day. Light skin is not better I'm 1/4 black with the light skin, green eyes, long sandy hair and most black guys aren't even interested in me.. My dark skinned black friends on the other hand are beating them off with a stick! And aside from that remember it's character over colour
    (Original post by K.C)
    damn.

you sound beautiful
    This is inappropriate considering OP is dark and hates herself, you two. :rolleyes:

(Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    You're a peng lighty but have compassion with Op .. Cuz some people do have inferiority complexes and I know a few irl. Also what's ur ethnicity gal you look exotic rawr
    I can't have compassion with this embarrassing exploitation of black self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    Don't pay so much attention to the media. It's constantly white is beautiful and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    This is inappropriate considering OP is dark and hates herself, you two. :rolleyes:

I can't have compassion with this embarrassing exploitation of black self esteem.
    op is beautiful too

ReputationRep:
    I'm imagining a darker skin shakira jeez
    She might be a right munter in the face dept despite features, you know.

ReputationRep:
    Why is what I said inappropriate? I was trying to say being light is not all it's cracked out to be honestly I don't know what the fuss is. And there's lots of gorgeous black girls who get married all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that sweetie I'm not the prettiest girl but so what. God why did I bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    Don't pay so much attention to the media. It's constantly white is beautiful and that's it.
    It goes much deeper than this. Have you ever asked yourself why white culture is all this fine dining and sophistication? and then black culture is portrayed as hoods and gangsta raps and its all sexualised?

At least your culture is not portrayed as having many wives, blowing **** up, starting civil wars, beheading people, stoning gays etc :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I can feel your attitude through the screen gal. You need to calm down and jam to a beat

ReputationRep:
    I can feel your attitude through the screen gal. You need to calm down and jam to a beat
    Recommend me a song.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that sweetie I'm not the prettiest girl but so what. God why did I bother.
    I bet you get bare attention cuz u look like shakira and don't let her put you down. What you mixed with?

ReputationRep:
    I'm white and while obv that does mean white girls on average come top I think black girls are the hottest of the races which are "other" to me. Even hotter than east Asian which is usually the second choice for most. So shake what yo momma gave ya sister

Skinny is hotter across the board though so if you are fat do give losing weight a go, but don't hate being black and/or the physical characteristics that come with it

ReputationRep:
    Recommend me a song.
    Get high by the beach- Lana del Ray
    On your ones- mic righteous

Tell me what u think of them lighty need to know ur musical critiquing ability gal

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.