Turn on thread page Beta

Will the Syrian refugees be going home at any time or are we stuck with them for good watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    what have they done to earn that better life?

How have they contributed to society or to the county to make it a better place to be than their old country.
    What have you done to earn your place in this country apart from (possibly) being born here?
    Let's wait for them to get here first.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    If they get settled in a European country and end up settled down with a decent life, why would they destroy that life to go back to Syria? More importantly, why should they have to? Especially when there's a risk that Syria could collapse into civil war yet again, if the current war were to be resolved.
    That's the thing IF. Germany would probably benefit from this as they've got a massive workforce shortage. Provided they got their asylum application passed, get a job or atleast try to get one and integrate themselves then they are part of the society now. Last of all and the most important they need to integrate. I'm all for helping them and all but the people need to be genuinely need the help. Ive seen videos of migrants in calais throwing out the donations which are completely edible given to them because they were after the best by date. Ive seen a videos of refugees in Macedonia refusing to accept redcross donations because it has a cross on the box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethnonsense)
    I am appalled by people's attitudes towards the refugees.
    These people have been through hell. They're fleeing war. Have you ever experienced war? Terrorism?
    Instead of getting upset that you have to share your country with people in need, actually do something to help them.
    i think his point was genuine refugees go the first safe country they reach - not pay people smuggler gangsters tens of thousands to take them over a route risking the lives fo their kids to try and reach germany or uk - (the only countries where they would be entitled to benefits and can get work) .

many of these people are also coming form turkey which is also a safe country.
    the reality is only some fo these people are geunielly felling for their lives , a huge chuck are simply fleeing the islamic world for a better life.. there are many also coming form isalmic countries that are not even at war - and mingling with the syrians as the bbc reports

ReputationRep:
    It's an absolute disgrace Britain will only be taking in 5,000 refugees over the next 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    What have you done to earn your place in this country apart from (possibly) being born here?
    Let's wait for them to get here first.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I stand on the shoulders of my family. Generation after generation of English people all add all working all contributing and all fighting to make this country step by step what it is now

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.