Turn on thread page Beta

What is/was your 2nd year uni timetable like? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think I had between 21-25 hours a week which included labs, seminars, lectures and workshops- it varied each week

ReputationRep:
    I'll have 12 hours of lectures a week (in my first term of) next year, I'm excited! :dance:

ReputationRep:
    I had 20-25 hours of lectures a week, and 2 hours of supervisions a week in term 1. There were also about 7 hours of support classes a week, although I didn't go to these (which was a mistake and I'm going to fix next year).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    I think I had between 21-25 hours a week which included labs, seminars, lectures and workshops- it varied each week
    (Original post by brittanna)
    I had 20-25 hours of lectures a week, and 2 hours of supervisions a week in term 1. There were also about 7 hours of support classes a week, although I didn't go to these (which was a mistake and I'm going to fix next year).
    What courses are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    I do Maths. I was doing an extra module or two though, so I was doing more modules than I needed to be doing which meant more lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    biological sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    biological sciences
    Do a proper course like electrical and electronic engineering lol

ReputationRep:
    Very similar to first year, just with different module names.

ReputationRep:
    I have about 21 contact hours
    Monday; 9 - 4
    Tuesday; 1 - 5
    Wednesday; 9 - 2
    Thursday; 9 - 4
    Friday; 11 - 2
    Basically means I have to be in uni for at least 26 hours a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iElvendork)
    I have about 21 contact hours
    Monday; 9 - 4
    Tuesday; 1 - 5
    Wednesday; 9 - 2
    Thursday; 9 - 4
    Friday; 11 - 2
    Basically means I have to be in uni for at least 26 hours a week
    Studying ?
    And how do u lot find your timetables?
    Im 1st year starting next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dahl786)
    Studying ?
    And how do u lot find your timetables?
    Im 1st year starting next week
    I study chemistry at Leeds
    It's very similar to my first year timetable, and I actually found it out when I was picking my modules for this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iElvendork)
    I study chemistry at Leeds
    It's very similar to my first year timetable, and I actually found it out when I was picking my modules for this year
    i remember my chemistry teacher in sixth form why would anyone want to study chemistry at uni, and we had 4 students applying for that course...everyone was thinking how rude !!

ReputationRep:
    i remember my chemistry teacher in sixth form why would anyone want to study chemistry at uni, and we had 4 students applying for that course...everyone was thinking how rude !!
    :O they sound mean! I actually like my course, I like that its busy, and I have a varied timetable; labs, lectures, workshops and tutorials.
    And actually chemistry can lead to a lot of careers because of the diverse skills you learn, I know people that go into law and accountancy including teaching and further study

ReputationRep:
    I had classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, studying at the library on Saturday and I volunteered (through my Uni) on a Tuesday! The three weekdays of classes were typically from about 9 or 10 to 2 or 3 in the afternoon (except for the one class going until 4pm in term 1). I was pretty much busy everyday except Sunday and Monday! This year (my 3rd) is pretty much the same except on Wednesday I only have one class at 10-11am. Friday I'm on from 9-5 though, so that is going to be my worst day!

ReputationRep:
    I had 8 hours contact time a week, less than first year by a few hours. I had more free time but that led to more procrastination
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    a lot better than in my first year. first term i have 2 lectures monday, one on tuesday, 2 on wednesday with the afternoon free, and one on thursday and friday free. out of all of that i only have 1 9am lecture compared to having around 4 per week last year.
    second term i have 3 lectures on monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday are all free :woo:and then one on friday

ReputationRep:
    I was in 4 days/week in my second year, both semesters. The way my timetable worked out meant that I was in basically all day because there were stupid gaps in between classes that weren't long enough to go home but too long to be hanging around for.

(Original post by AmyPilot)
    On average it's going to be:

10-3 Monday
    9-5 Tuesday
    Free on Wednesday
    Placements on Thursday
    Friday afternoon lectures

No rest for the wicked!
    No rest? You've got a half day on a Monday, a Wednesday off and a Friday morning off. Obviously a lot of that should be spent doing work, but still, you're only in for a little over half the week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting first year engineering and on Monday's it's 9am - 7pm... Fml

Posted from TSR Mobile excuse my typos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng)
    I'm starting first year engineering and on Monday's it's 9am - 7pm... Fml

How did you find out ?

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out ?
    My timetable

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.