Turn on thread page Beta

Is playing video games a turn off? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty boyish myself so no its not a turn off

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is definitely a turn off. I wouldn't date or get involved with a woman that played video games at all.

ReputationRep:
    In this day and age it's basically like asking 'is watching films and reading books a turn off?'

Before anyone goes on a rant about books or film being of higher value to personal development than video games...Consider what a video game entails in relation to passive mediums.

ReputationRep:
    not at all. theres no other satisfaction like beating your partner in mario kart

I'm pretty sure over doing anything is a turn off whilst being in a relationship.

Over-studying for example should be equally as bad in the sense its not really bonding on he relationship.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Unless you game or study together.

Nope, although it does depend on how obsessed they're with it. I seem to attract gamers (from casual to pro) some of whom literally won't talk about anything except for their game, all day everyday - huge turn off. But others with a more balanced life were great

ReputationRep:
    I had a gaming addiction a long time ago. I also had a girlfriend so I would often lie about my whereabouts and make out like I was outside doing something fun but really I was indoors playing games all night.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly hope not as I've been playing games for a large majority of my life, for me they are my go to form of entertainment rather than films, TV shows and books (not that I don't watch/read at all, just not as much as video games) and I certainly don't see that as a bad thing. I also wouldn't see it as an unattractive trait in another person unless that person spent every waking minute of their life playing video games outside of school/work.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, I find anyone that considers themselves a gamer a bit boring, because I don't play many games. Only Fifa with mates sometimes. Maybe that's unfair though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.