Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yeah hopefully, I also emailed about when we get more information about the course and they said we should get some more information about our induction week and joining instructions over the next month!

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's ideal. I hate not knowing much about it! Our course starts on the 8th doesn't it? They also asked about when our induction dates are on that accommodation email they sent the other day but I'm not sure how they expect us to know officially! But oh well just be nice to know some more.

ReputationRep:
    yeah im exactly the same! yeah its the 8th

ReputationRep:
    I am starting childrens nursing in Feb also I think i am looking for accommodation near the city centre / Cotham area as I work at the children's hospital and will be easier for work and easy to drive and park at UWE. Is anyone else looking to live around this area? I had originally applied to halls but they said that we would be put in rooms with people that started in September as there aren't many rooms available and im not sure whether it would be awkward joining a house with people who already know eachother! What are others doing?

ReputationRep:
    Me personally i stuck with halls on campus. And applied for a february-december contract so that im more likely to br with other feb starts. Also they reserve rooms in hollies for feb starts. nice to hear from another person starting in feb!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!! I'm on the feb intake too.. so nice to find some people who are on the course I'll be living in the city centre in a private rented flat, as i already live in Bristol.. and will be driving in for lectures too. I'm looking forward to getting some more starter info. I've been trying to get my head around all the finances, but i'm still not completely sure on it all.

ReputationRep:
    I know, its so hard to find other people starting in Feb. Doesn't seem that far away now. I still havent heard anything about accommodation though. Same here, thr finances are quite confusing!

ReputationRep:
    Just got email about accommodation and I've got it in the Hollies! they said we should get a further email with more details of it in a bit, but it also said that our contract is currently until the 31/08/16 but they can extend it until December 2016. I'm thinking it'll be easier to extend it until December but will we then struggle to find private accommodation for second year???

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I got the Hollies! I know but at least then it gives us the option! I think we'll just have to get there and get advice on how easy it is to get private accommodation! This has made me ao excited!

ReputationRep:
    ahh yay!! it makes it feel so real now like we're actually going

ReputationRep:
    Actually got details for the accommodation. I'm in Hollies flat 201?! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm in Hollies flat 201 too! I'm really looking forward to it now the accommodation is sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Ah btilliant! Yeah same, not knowing was getting a bit stressful!

ReputationRep:
    I know! it actually feels real now that we've got accommodation, such a relief! So glad I've found someone in the same flat as me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definately! Oh yeah same just a reassurance if anything! I'm so excited to meet everyone else in our flat!

ReputationRep:
    I agree! Me too, I haven't found anyone else yet. I've joined a page on Facebook for February starters, but I think it's only for adult nursing. I haven't seen anyone comment with flat 201 yet.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i just searched for feb starters but there isn't a page for children nursing :/ we might be with adult nurses too! So its worth looking at!

ReputationRep:
    What's the page on fb just out of curiosity?

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay that would make sense! Brilliant thank you! I'll have a look!

ReputationRep:
    anyone flat 301???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2016

University open days

1. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.