Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't even know how to describe what I just watched. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Unnecessary.

No.
    sorry i know you're gay

i meant it in the non homophobic sense but i know its not an ok word im drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Are you a LD too?

We're taking over the thread :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Farron - yay or nay? :holmes:
    Yep. I wish more people could see the light. We can use this thread shine the light onto people.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I like him, but I'm reserving judgments. He is charismatic enough, so I think he could perhaps gain support from more members of the public. He's slightly more towards the left than Clegg, which could be a good or bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Yep. I wish more people could see the light. We can use this thread shine the light onto people.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I like him, but I'm reserving judgments. He is charismatic enough, so I think he could perhaps gain support from more members of the public. He's slightly more towards the left than Clegg, which could be a good or bad thing.

I joined the TSR LD Party earlier today (well, not yet approved as of yet, but I'm hoping Birkenhead will let me in :lol:), are you a member?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yeah, he's definitely a lot more charismatic than Norman Lamb, so the better leader in that respect. I think moving slightly left is the right thing to do, and with Corbyn leading Labour the 'progressive alliance' looks strong for 2020

I don't like some of his stances on religion/abortion/LGBT rights, though. Especially when we replied in an interview, when asked whether he thought consensual homosexual sex was a sin, "we are all sinners" :lol:. But party members decide LD policy, not the leader, so I'm not that bothered about that.

ReputationRep:
    Don't the BNP have like 500 members left or something :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    No. Anyone who aligns with a particular group or political party is a complete and utter moron. Be yourself, be a person, come to your own conclusions and don't join the pack like some pathetic sheep. Seriously, there's things I'm liberal about, things I'm authoritarian about. There's things Im left wing about, things I'm right wing about. Most people I know who join groups or parties have lost their own capacity to think for themselves and jump on the party politics bandwagon like mindless drones. I'm firmly in the IDGAF Party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    The BNP still exists?
    Barely. In this year's election they drew a grand total of 1,667 votes from the entire 46 million electorate (they lost 99.7% from 2010 lol), even the Monster Raving Loonies got more votes :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Britain First consists of just a bunch of angry primarily white english people who are uneducated and see muslamics and immigrants (see simmilar "Homeland" BNP policy) as a perfect scapegoat, despite many of them never actually being in contact with anybody out of the white english spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    I joined the TSR LD Party earlier today (well, not yet approved as of yet, but I'm hoping Birkenhead will let me in :lol:), are you a member?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yeah, he's definitely a lot more charismatic than Norman Lamb, so the better leader in that respect. I think moving slightly left is the right thing to do, and with Corbyn leading Labour the 'progressive alliance' looks strong for 2020

I don't like some of his stances on religion/abortion/LGBT rights, though. Especially when we replied in an interview, when asked whether he thought consensual homosexual sex was a sin, "we are all sinners" :lol:. But party members decide LD policy, not the leader, so I'm not that bothered about that.
    I didn't know there was one. Link?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess so. Diverging away from Clegg's stance would be a good thing, hopefully reclaiming the voters that abandoned them in this years election. Corbyn's more leftist approach will hopefully attract them centre-left/centre voters.

Oh yes I forgot he is quite religious, it's kind of frustrating, especially considering religion and liberalism are two words I would not put together. But like you said, I don't think it will impact the polices all that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I didn't know there was one. Link?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess so. Diverging away from Clegg's stance would be a good thing, hopefully reclaiming the voters that abandoned them in this years election. Corbyn's more leftist approach will hopefully attract them centre-left/centre voters.

Oh yes I forgot he is quite religious, it's kind of frustrating, especially considering religion and liberalism are two words I would not put together. But like you said, I don't think it will impact the polices all that much.
    EDIT: found it.

ReputationRep:
    The OP is like the rotten version of Amy Jackson. Haha. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    The OP is like the rotten version of Amy Jackson. Haha. Weird.
    Lol bit harsh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Lol bit harsh!
    Bahahaha!

Kinda true through. I've noticed some messed up posts she's made that Amy Jackson would never make, lol.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: found it.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    The BNP who what where sorry?
    British national party x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aye aye captain

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Nick Griffin get kicked out of the BNP? :lol:

To the OP, no, I'm a Liberal Democrat through and through .
    RIP

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.