Turn on thread page Beta

I have no sex drive, is this normal? watch

• Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    you don't have to be horny 24/7 to have a sexuality

you're ok op.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how often you masturbate too. I would **** pretty much every day/every other day out of boredom and I felt the same way,so I decided to stop for a couple days and I was popping boners frequently throughout the day. Also, make sure that you're eating enough fats. Not eating enough fats can mean you don't produce enough testosterone and so you won't really have much libido. I don't think you're asexual since you enjoy sex when you do have it. Go to your GP and get your testosterone checked too, if yours is below 300 it would explain why you have absolutely no desire to have sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infraspecies)
    It's not a requirement, no.

You asked if it was normal. The answer is no, it is not statistically normal.
    I then felt obliged, being in the know, on sharing the information I possess on lack of libido. Do you not want to be aware of all the possible information?

A lack of libido sometimes has no apparent cause, no underlying physiological or psychological reason. However, that doesn't mean it's always healthy to immediately term oneself "demisexual" or "asexual" and to think nothing more of it, where in fact a lack of libido can, in some cases, be indicative of a more sinister health problem.

I'm trying to be helpful.
    Since we're talking "statistically", if the OP has no other symptoms, has never had a sex drive (rather then it declining) and is happy with how things are, they are far more likely to be asexual then have any "sinister" condition.

OP, if you want to visit your GP to put your mind at rest then do so. But if there's nothing wrong - or if you feel happy not to - there is nothing abnormal about you.

ReputationRep:
    It's not normal, but it's not bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    Transsexuals such as yourself are known to suffer from low libido due to hormonal changes.
    I haven't started hrt.
    (Original post by FloatingGhost!)
    That's entirely normal - sexual desire exists on a spectrum, and maybe you're just at the low end?If you're happy with it, cool, no need to do anything.If not, go see a GP, they can help.Also, do you feel attracted to people? If not, check out AVEN
    yes I find people attractive.
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    you don't have to be horny 24/7 to have a sexualityyou're ok op.
    yeah but I am never aroused enough to want sex. never.
    (Original post by Akamega)
    Depends how often you masturbate too. I would **** pretty much every day/every other day out of boredom and I felt the same way,so I decided to stop for a couple days and I was popping boners frequently throughout the day. Also, make sure that you're eating enough fats. Not eating enough fats can mean you don't produce enough testosterone and so you won't really have much libido. I don't think you're asexual since you enjoy sex when you do have it. Go to your GP and get your testosterone checked too, if yours is below 300 it would explain why you have absolutely no desire to have sex.
    i'm a girl I am sure I can live with low testosterone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RowanB)
    Since we're talking "statistically", if the OP has no other symptoms, and is happy with how things are, they are far more likely to be asexual then have any "sinister" condition.
    That's not a sensible approach.

You're rejecting the potential medical implications in preference for pushing a social agenda.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in support of people being happy with how they are, so long as they are healthy. I just reject what seems to be en vogue at the moment; waving away it as "asexuality" when there are potential issues.

Do you disagree that it is better to ensure that you are, foremost, healthy? He describes himself as having no sex drive. Like it or not, that puts him in a decided minority, some of which have medical problems, some of which don't. It's not responsible to assure someone that there's definitely nothing wrong with them, and more, that they should be obstinate towards people suggesting that maybe, before being proud of being "asexual", they make sure they don't have thyroid problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    you don't have to be horny 24/7 to have a sexuality

you're ok op.
    This x 100

Wtf are some of the replies in this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    I haven't started hrt..
    I have, enjoy, you'll be very tired ;_;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Why what happened?
    Don't really know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm a girl I am sure I can live with low testosterone.
    Oh my bad.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Live life the way you want to, don't worry too much about whether it's normal or not.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard from friends in the past, being trans* can affect your libido, whatever stage you're at, whether pre-hormones, pre- or post-op.

Gennder and sexuality are different things. But if you're not comfortable with it all, or there's stuff going on (such as in your case - not currently having the right "gear"), it can affect how you feel about sex.

Someone I used to talk to online was a non-binary, and I remember them saying there would be times when in a relationship with a partner they wouldn't feel comfortable having sex because of how they were feeling about their genitals at the time. Let's face it, if you've got a penis but you're female, there's likely to be boundaries both on your part and on the other person's part surrounding intimacy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. How can someone find people attractive and not have sexual desire? I was under the impression that they're intrinsically linked?
    I'm geniunely curious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Handsome_Devil)
    I'm confused. How can someone find people attractive and not have sexual desire? I was under the impression that they're intrinsically linked?
    I'm geniunely curious...
    Ever thought a car was hot? Did you want to make out with it literally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danno190)
    Ever thought a car was hot? Did you want to make out with it literally?
    That's stupid. Why would I be physically attracted to a car? I think a car looks awesome, I then want to ride it. Can anyone else do better pwease?

ReputationRep:
    I have sexual fantasies, I masturbate, I enjoy sex when I have it. But I don't have any particular desire to actually have sex.

I've never thought of myself as asexual but I really couldn't care less whether I have sex or not. Like I prefer to watch netflix than have sex. I can go months, years without sex, I don't notice, don't care. I have no sex drive whatsoever!

is this normal?
    No it isn't normal.

Stop masturbating, it decreases your testosterone level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Handsome_Devil)
    I'm geniunely curious...
    Well I can only say that I can find people aesthetically pleasing, develop "crushes" etc and have no desire whatsoever to have sex with them. Holds hands and cuddle, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    eating fish oil helps. And multivitamins. Sometimes you just have a crappy diet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.