Turn on thread page Beta

What upcoming 2015 film are you most excited about? watch

• View Poll Results: What upcoming 2015 film are you most excited about seeing?
    Spectre
    22.06%
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
    36.32%
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    28.85%
    The Martian
    8.10%
    The Hateful Eight
    4.67%

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed that star wars is not the clear favourite but the three prequels did suck.

Jj Abrams and crew are going to smash this though. The trailers are getting the Hype train going.

ReputationRep:
    Anything other than The Hateful Eight is a wasted voted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Anything other than The Hateful Eight is a wasted voted.
    How can you possibly think this when we have such a dream team making Star wars??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Star Wars seems to have got rid of the annoying characters from the prequel trilogy, which is a good sign. Also it looks like George Lucas had nothing to do with it, which is also a good sign. It looks like it'll be better.

Spectre sure looks good, but at the end of the day it's a Bond film so I suspect most people who go to the cinema for it will be the die hard fans.

I can't really comment on the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The Hateful Eight look really, really poor actually. I was disappointed by the film trailer.

Star Wars massively excites me, as does Spectre, which is supposedly Craig's final Bond film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    How can you possibly think this when we have such a dream team making Star wars??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because it's Star Wars ffs. Sure it's iconic, but if you actually sit down and watch the films, they're pretty ****ing terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't even heard of the Martian, will have to check out the trailer, but out of the rest it's:

Star Wars > The Hateful Eight > Hunger Games > Spectre

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to
    Everest
    Sicario
    Macbeth
    In the heart of the sea.
    But above all force awakens

ReputationRep:
    Why's the Hateful 8 losing

To be fair I'm just as excited for Spectre but I felt like voting for it instead :P

ReputationRep:
    So many good films in this poll and its the ****ing hunger games that is winning?!

I voted for Star Wars, but Hateful 8 & Spectre are looking good too. I would've been interested in the Martian, but the trailer gave most of the plot away.

Mockingjay is the worst book of the series and yet even though part 1 was mediocre people are most excited for part 2. smh

Unpopular opinion here: I liked the prequels. Yes it had problems like Jar Jar, midochlorians and cringy anakin lines, but I still massively enjoyed ep I-III.
    JJ Abrams made the recent star trek films which I thought were really good, but they were criticised for being to similar to Star Wars than the original Star Trek. So if he can make a film as good as that then I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    hunger games... really? this is what's wrong with our generation...

ReputationRep:
    Not even a fan exactly but has to be Star Wars because it is clearly going to be ******* epic.

Hunger games...I don't mind it, dislike how it's done a twilight and has set the stage for similiar book series to all start coming out. I **** you not I saw The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials last night and wanted to google something about it after the film, I actually googled "The hunger trials" and got pissed off with google when I was getting wrong results..and realised what I did. Though that said beyond the massive issues I have with the logic of the plot of The Maze Runner, I sort of prefer it to Hunger games just due to being too much the Katniss show for me, especially the last film, I know she is the focus but...meh. If you did watch the first Maze Runner and was a bit meh, I do think this second film out did....but then part of that might have been the zombies (well what ever they are), I did like those scenes.

ReputationRep:
    Hunger Games over Star Wars, Hateful eight AND Spectre?

I don't want to be a part of this community any more.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Georg Hegel)

(Also Alone in Berlin which is out next year with Brendan Gleeson :O !!)
    I didn't know this - that book was amazing. Definitely psyched for this one...

ReputationRep:
    The Martian, so very much.

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars I'll go and see in theatres so that I can cry at the death of my favourite film series at the hands of JJ Abraham.

Seing the pile of crap that was Star Trek: Into Darkness, I have no confidence in JJ Abraham to make anything apart from another hollywood blockbuster.

After the monstrosity that was the prequel trilogy they should have just let it rest in peace, but of course money and now they're just putting the final nail in the coffin.

Hateful 8 it is for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    JJ Abrahams? Don't make me laugh.

He made one good movie, the 2009 Star Trek, and has been making either filth or generic hollywood blockbusters ever since.

He's a one hit wonder on the level of M. Night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooks)
    I didn't know this - that book was amazing. Definitely psyched for this one...
    Me too! I am stockpiling tissues already

ReputationRep:
    None of those

Probably Deadpool and Zoolander 2.

ReputationRep:
    Where the hell is deadpool?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.