Turn on thread page Beta

MSc Metal and energy finance (Imperial College London) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okitkit)
    For me it will be 33k tuition+12k living cost. Must take into account the books, field trips, flight tickets etc lets just say 50k in total hahaha. Damn it's good coming from UK/EU.
    lol yeah costs are crazy for international students (I have many cousins who are international), but i think imperials brand name is definitely worth it.

btw books will likely be free from the university library (as there will only be 25 of us), but I agree the wessex/south africa excursions will easily cost over £1000 so I am looking for part time work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    lol yeah costs are crazy for international students (I have many cousins who are international), but i think imperials brand name is definitely worth it.

btw books will likely be free from the university library (as there will only be 25 of us), but I agree the wessex/south africa excursions will easily cost over £1000 so I am looking for part time work.
    I didn't get the scholarship. Sigh.. Do you know the time given for us on responding the offer? I may try contacting a lot of companies for sponsorships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okitkit)
    I didn't get the scholarship. Sigh.. Do you know the time given for us on responding the offer? I may try contacting a lot of companies for sponsorships.
    I think you have about 28 days. I'm feeling the pain of funding my masters now too got to start being miserly and saving my wages.

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for you guys from submission (or reference submission) to receiving an offer. I applied the same course in mid Feb, but my references had not been sent until mid March. I am an undergrad from university of manchester doing materials science and engineering. It seems like everyone else has been working for a few years and makes me a weaker candidate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.