Turn on thread page Beta

Do you plan on having kids? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you plan to have kids?
    Yes
    60.78%
    No
    20.92%
    Not sure
    15.03%
    I cant have kids
    3.27%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Im glad its not just me! Birth is completely terrifying :' as would be motherhood
    i can barely handle my periods let alone child birth!! also the changes in my body would be scary and knowing there was someone INSIDE OF ME would just be really really weird????? im obviously not a natural born mother haha

but yes, you arent alone!

ReputationRep:
    A s**t load please. I plan on taking a proverbial dump in the gene pool.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i totally replied to the wromg comment xD that wasnt meant for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyDualscar)
    i can barely handle my periods let alone child birth!! also the changes in my body would be scary and knowing there was someone INSIDE OF ME would just be really really weird????? im obviously not a natural born mother haha

but yes, you arent alone!
    Yeahh that would be so strange.. plus I just couldn't handle any ripping down there.. and pooing whilst giving birth.. among other things O_O

I just saw your edit about your mum... you may have lots of similarities but that doesn't mean you'd become abusive infact, being able to acknowledge the signs and put a stop to them mean you're less likely! So don't worry about that <3

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh that would be so strange.. plus I just couldn't handle any ripping down there.. and pooing whilst giving birth.. among other things O_O

I just saw your edit about your mum... you may have lots of similarities but that doesn't mean you'd become abusive infact, being able to acknowledge the signs and put a stop to them mean you're less likely! So don't worry about that <3
    thank you very much, youre very kind! i think even without that, i wouldnt want to be a mother anyway, but since i dont want to be one it doesnt feel like im missing out on life either <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    I want 5, hopefully all male and i want all before i turn 38.
    Why? Seriously never knew men of this age still existed saying that.

ReputationRep:
    thank you very much, youre very kind! i think even without that, i wouldnt want to be a mother anyway, but since i dont want to be one it doesnt feel like im missing out on life either <3
    Yeahh you'll always have more money than people with children as well haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh you'll always have more money than people with children as well haha
    my boyfriend and i are going to be that weird auntie and uncle with a lot of puppies and who travel a lot

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend and i are going to be that weird auntie and uncle with a lot of puppies and who travel a lot
    Haha that's my dream :'] a house full of pomeranians and lots of holidays

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know. Sort of yes but i live in a dream world where I will be young for ever life peter pan. Children are for adults and I am not an adult.

I think I have mental problems :-/

but as long as I don't have a partner I don't have to worry about it ^.^

For some reason I find a daughter more appealing than a son.

ReputationRep:
    I want 5, hopefully all male and i want all before i turn 38.
    I can have 5 daughters and we can create our own alpha master race?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I really don't know. Sort of yes but i live in a dream world where I will be young for ever life peter pan. Children are for adults and I am not an adult.

I think I have mental problems :-/

but as long as I don't have a partner I don't have to worry about it ^.^

For some reason I find a daughter more appealing than a son.
    Haha I live in that world too.. I'm 23 but still don't feel like an adult... then I see famous people the same age who act about 30 and feel really not adult :']

What kind of mental problems? D:

I would much rather have a daughter.. boys are destructive and smelly :/ alot of women likes boys more though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SourLikeLemon)
    Why? Seriously never knew men of this age still existed saying that.
    Lol you need sudocream. Its just a preference and tbh i'll take what i get no problem.
    (Original post by Imperion)
    I can have 5 daughters and we can create our own alpha master race?
    Thats wierd af but hell yeah lets go for it

ReputationRep:
    Lol you need sudocream. Its just a preference and tbh i'll take what i get no problem.
    But I don't have a nappy rash :erm:
    You have problems m8.

Good.

ReputationRep:
    I would much rather have a daughter.. boys are destructive and smelly :/ alot of women likes boys more though

No, we're not. WTF

Thats wierd af but hell yeah lets go for it
    Can be the start of a great thing, bro. We could dominate all these beta losers Schrödingers Cat

ReputationRep:
    Haha I live in that world too.. I'm 23 but still don't feel like an adult... then I see famous people the same age who act about 30 and feel really not adult :']

What kind of mental problems? D:

I'm nearly 23 and it terrifies me :afraid:

It's more than I'm an actual leftist and capitalism basically enslaves me Having children just makes that worse. Having that view feels like a mental problem a lot fo the time

I got nothing against boys, it's just that I'm male and grew up with a brother. A daughter woukld just be different since I had sod all expereicne with female things and the kind of problems that might bring up. It would just be different. Plus I think on the whole women are worse of from gender power imbalances so it would be good to do my bit to help fight against that.

Hope that doesn't sound to weird :-/

ReputationRep:
    I want children, no more than three. I know it is late, but I want my first child when I'm around 34/35.

ReputationRep:
    I've been married 3 years now and would love to have kids but I'm so scared of passing mental problems onto them. I couldn't subject another person to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I'm nearly 23 and it terrifies me :afraid:

It's more than I'm an actual leftist and capitalism basically enslaves me Having children just makes that worse. Having that view feels like a mental problem a lot fo the time

I got nothing against boys, it's just that I'm male and grew up with a brother. A daughter woukld just be different since I had sod all expereicne with female things and the kind of problems that might bring up. It would just be different. Plus I think on the whole women are worse of from gender power imbalances so it would be good to do my bit to help fight against that.

Hope that doesn't sound to weird :-/
    Oh dear O.o I never thought children was such a politics based decision haha

Ah fair enough ^^ yeah that's a nice way of thinking about it! Having a girl sounds complicated though as so many people dress their kids up like mini mes T_T what happened to everyone wearing adidas trackies and hand me downs? I wore my brothers clothes until i was 12.. haha

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! I've always wanted kids, preferably 3. However, I wouldn't want to have them until my late 20s - early 30s.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.