Turn on thread page Beta

Should I get into modelling and is it something I can quit after a year and a half? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilrho)
    He's not a liar - he knows what I look like.

Well they tried to - twice while I was in Paris: once while I was devouring macaroons from Pierre Hermes and admiring la ville lumiere and another time while I was at the Park reading Pride and Prejudice. And then another time in South Africa while I was at the beach.

Thank you for being excited for me will, I've decided I would like to do this As soon as my exams are over this October I'm flying out :yep:

Haha you're making me blush Mrs Holmes :blush: no it's not creepy - I don't blame you after all the hype with Will and I a few days ago (glad thats over!). Will's very sweet though. He's not the only one who knows what I look like - RobML and zyzzyspirit does as well

Yeah I've decided I want to do this I mean now that I think about it I'm incredibly lucky in the sense that the agency is so keen on taking me on and at the same time I've got such a big opportunity - I'll be modelling high end right from the start and have the opportunity to make it big right from the start where as 99% struggle to get to this point. This is a huge opportunity and I cannot miss out on it - I'm so thankful to mickey1997 for helping me realise this sooner

Have a nice evening everyone :happy2:
    No worries and remember everyone is camera shy at first. Everyone has obstacles towards their path to success. Just work hard, be it your studies or fashion and I promise you, you'll get there.

ReputationRep:
    What?
    you got that really 'distinct' look bro

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    What were you original plans? like before all the modelling stuff came your way?
    My original plan was to take a gap year for 18 months where for 12 months before starting at Oxbridge for a social science related course. While on my gap year I would have been working as a teacher teaching street children in Bangladesh. I also had an internship lined up with a Accounting firm and got internship with the European Union (not qualified for this at all but got it through connections just like this modelling thing and I was only going to be doing translation work anyways and grabbing coffee and things like that but still would've been a beneficial experience imo). And then the next 6 months I would've travelled around - would probably have visited friends all over the world (as I grew up around the world) and then hopefully end up in La Ville Lumiere for the last month before University shopping down Rue St Honore, Avenue Montaigne and Champse Elysee while gorging on Macaroons from Pierre Herme and Lunch at Baccarat and Scallops with white truffle at Le Meurice for dinner ! Oh and of course reading Pride and the Prejudice at the Park.

(Original post by mickey1997)
    No worries and remember everyone is camera shy at first. Everyone has obstacles towards their path to success. Just work hard, be it your studies or fashion and I promise you, you'll get there.
    Awe thanks Mickey for the helpful words! :hugs:

(Original post by sqwertylol)
    you got that really 'distinct' look bro
    Apparently so, 'bro'.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have little confidence so it might help that. You can still study after if you decide it's not for you.

ReputationRep:
    So agents tried to scout me thrice before and each time I refused. However yesterday I was at a charity dinner event and one of the people there was a designer with Versace. They want me to model for them and introduced me to someone from IMG as well and basically tried to persuade me a lot - seemed really keen to take me onto their agency as I have a "distinct" look apparently. Honestly it's very flattering and everything but I am camera shy and I would also like to start uni after a year and a half. However on the other hand it sounds like a great life experience and after everything I've been through in the past 1-2 year it sounds even more appealing. However I'm afraid it will derail me from my studies, getting into uni - what would you do?

I've been in 2 serious relationships one after the other and I've been cheated on in both which has unfortunately affected the way I see myself and the offer last night really did flatter me immensely - I won't be doing it for the money, it's not an issue - I would be doing it for the experience and think it would be helpful in restoring my faith in myself.
    Hi I'm agent who wants to check out the goods. Please PM your mobile number to arrange an intimate interview.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be a troll.

(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    You seem to have little confidence so it might help that. You can still study after if you decide it's not for you.
    Yepp that's what I was thinking :yes:

(Original post by thisistheend)
    Hi I'm agent who wants to check out the goods. Please PM your mobile number to arrange an intimate interview.
    Call me maybe? - 09978923764

(Original post by Reord)
    Gotta be a troll.
    Okay then.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.