The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F585 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Maleeha1211
If anyone wants to work on extract one together let me know we can start making questions and evaluation the passage!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i'm starting now for f585. i've never sat it btw, so not a resit- therefore im completely new to this!
Reply 21
Original post by Student_Tom123
Hello everyone,

I did the F585 exam last year, and I got a solid A in the exam. Just thought I'd drop a message and if anyone wants any help at all on the unit I am more than willing to help out in any way I can...

Drop me a private message or simply place a message on this page and I'll try my very best to reply :wink:

Hello I'm an A2 student I got a high B for AS and am trying to get an A overall. My f583 short questions and 15 mark essays are all right they need work. But my 20 markers for leisure market are good. What is the key to getting an A for f583 also how should one study for f585 towards getting an A.
Original post by Maphec
Yeah i'm starting now for f585. i've never sat it btw, so not a resit- therefore im completely new to this!

it would be easier and helpful to post questions and everyone contributes. Last year's thread was very good, students created a document that could be shared.
Thoughts on what the 20 marker will be on. It is usually on the last extract.
Reply 24
Original post by Econ_1985
Thoughts on what the 20 marker will be on. It is usually on the last extract.

I reckon a globalization question
Reply 25
This is actually an easy Case study compared to many old ones
Reply 26
Hey guys, My name is Ali friend recommended the website as she did well last year. I sat the exam last year and didn't get the grade I wanted therefore retaking it. This years case study seems to be more accessible than last years.
Original post by Yousf
I reckon a globalization question

Extract 1 is on globalisation.
Reply 28
what do you guys think would be the 4/6/10 markers, i have a vague idea of the 20 marker, which i will share later?
Reply 29
Original post by keynes24
Extract 1 is on globalisation.

Have you seen the tutor2u toolkit yet, if yes what did you think of the questions they've predicted?
Reply 30
APT 20 marker is effect of globalisation on developing economies, what is tutor2u?
Original post by Yousf
Have you seen the tutor2u toolkit yet, if yes what did you think of the questions they've predicted?

Not many questions on the toolkit and some of the questions are not clearly worded for the OCR paper.
Original post by craigdrm
APT 20 marker is effect of globalisation on developing economies, what is tutor2u?

Pretty sure won't be on globalisation since it would be the same as last year. I
20 marker will be on something to do with reforming the supply side of Zambia's economy, likely linked to their economic growth rate. Last sentence from the intro tends to give it away, but knowing my luck they'll change that for this year.

Spoiler

Personally I can't see it being on globalisation, that's been so common in recent past papers.

Please don't hate me if I'm wrong lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Not many questions on the toolkit and some of the questions are not clearly worded for the OCR paper.

Oh, btw, do you reckon i should go through the whole of Macro module and ensure i know all definitions and content, or shall i base my revision on the Toolkits from ATP and tutor2u, because macro is pretty long and i'm not sure whether to go through the whole of it in the book and make notes... Its 121pages..
Original post by Yousf
Oh, btw, do you reckon i should go through the whole of Macro module and ensure i know all definitions and content, or shall i base my revision on the Toolkits from ATP and tutor2u, because macro is pretty long and i'm not sure whether to go through the whole of it in the book and make notes... Its 121pages..

The syllabus should be fully covered anyway at your college.
Original post by C0pper
20 marker will be on something to do with reforming the supply side of Zambia's economy, likely linked to their economic growth rate. Last sentence from the intro tends to give it away, but knowing my luck they'll change that for this year.Personally I can't see it being on globalisation, that's been so common in recent past papers.

Please don't hate me if I'm wrong lol

I'll post a decent answer for this when I can get round to it, probably not for a few weeks.

It would be a nice question. It could also refer to how those structural issues may prevent development.
Original post by Student_Tom123
Hello everyone,

I did the F585 exam last year, and I got a solid A in the exam. Just thought I'd drop a message and if anyone wants any help at all on the unit I am more than willing to help out in any way I can...

Drop me a private message or simply place a message on this page and I'll try my very best to reply :wink:

Is it true that you don't need to learn all the topics in the book?
Original post by OrionMusicNet
Is it true that you don't need to learn all the topics in the book?

The paper is synoptic to some extent and whether is directly or indirectly you use analysis from other parts of the course even if not mentioned in the extract (as part of evaluation or judgment).
It would be a nice question. It could also refer to how those structural issues may prevent development.

Yeah, it's a decent question. Definitely could refer to that, that's make it even nicer.

I'd have loved one on globalisation though, it's so easy. This'll do I guess :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending