Turn on thread page Beta

Why is TSR now so divided? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Why is TSR now so divided?

Like you don't see many normal posts on here any more. Here are some of the TSR members you come across.

- Totally hates Islam
    - Right wing nutter (kill all scroungers)
    - Extreme left wing (anyone rich is evil)
    - Anti immigration (we should stop anything coming into the UK since we're so self sufficient)
    - UK patriot still living in the era of the british empire when we only account for 2.3% of global GDP

feel free to add any more. But what happened to normal TSR members?
    Nothing wrong with patriotism. If there were more of it going about we wouldn't be having so many pathetic internal spats.

ReputationRep:
    but MANY atrocities have been committed in the name of the bible. MANY.

Slavery
    Genocide
    Child abuse
    Medical neglect
    Homosexuality

You name it pal. I see very little difference between both set for Christians have had a somewhat progressive era but many are turning away from traditional Christian values. Not many muslims are turning away from Islam, i think that's what troubles the west.
    Yes but they are not being committed now. They are not a problem now. Islam is a problem now

Islam is in the dark ages, it needs an enlightenment, reform from somewhere. If not it will continue to cause suffering and people will continue to be concerned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Yes but they are not being committed now. They are not a problem now. Islam is a problem now
    Many radical Christians supported the Iraq war which killed a million + people. Here's a list of recent radical Christian attacks:

Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012
    The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009
    Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008
    The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994
    The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996
    The murder of Barnett Slepian byJames Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998
    Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994

these are just SOME, many more. So yes this cohort of individuals is largely led by the media and clearly does not do any research.

May the world live in peace! no room for hate,ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    Many radical Christians supported the Iraq war which killed a million + people. Here's a list of recent radical Christian attacks:

Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012
    The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009
    Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008
    The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994
    The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996
    The murder of Barnett Slepian byJames Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998
    Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994

these are just SOME, many more. So yes this cohort of individuals is largely led by the media and clearly does not do any research.

May the world live in peace! no room for hate,ignorance.
    1) Wisconsin massacre - White supremacist
    2) 1 Death
    3)During the interview Adkisson stated that he had targeted the church because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of major media outlets. Adkisson made statements that because he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them into office.
    4) 2 Deaths
    5) 1 Death
    6) 2 Deaths

So a span of 21 years, you give 6 examples of christian terrorism of which only 4 where motivated by the persons religion totaling a staggering 6 civilians killed... Im sure you could find a lot more than that if you looked at Nigeria pre Islamist militant groups

On the other hand, 26,863 terrorist attacks since 9/11 by the religion of peace, many in the west or targeting western civilians

Its ironic you choose high profile western christian attacks whilst lamenting main stream media cohorts. The mainstream media don't even give you the tip of the iceberg in regards to whats going on in the middle east / Africa for either religion because people in the west just dont care unless its particuarly bad or has effects closer to home

ReputationRep:
    1) Wisconsin massacre - White supremacist
    2) 1 Death
    3)During the interview Adkisson stated that he had targeted the church because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of major media outlets. Adkisson made statements that because he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them into office.
    4) 2 Deaths
    5) 1 Death
    6) 2 Deaths

So a span of 21 years, you give 6 examples of christian terrorism of which only 4 where motivated by the persons religion totaling a staggering 6 civilians killed... Im sure you could find a lot more than that if you looked at Nigeria pre Islamist militant groups

On the other hand, 26,863 terrorist attacks since 9/11 by the religion of peace, many in the west

Its ironic you choose high profile western christian attacks whilst lamenting main stream media cohorts. The mainstream media don't even give you the tip of the iceberg in regards to whats going on in the middle east / Africa for either religion because people in the west just dont care unless its particuarly bad or has effects closer to home
    Million + in Iraq. Like i said i'm not going to go through the WHOLE list of Christian attacks. One must keep himself in suitable attire.

But like i said before Christianity went through a bloody age and now Islam is going through the same some would say. But you cannot generalise a whole population on religious beliefs. I welcome all refugees to the UK, they are people in need.

ReputationRep:
    Million + in Iraq. Like i said i'm not going to go through the WHOLE list of Christian attacks. One must keep himself in suitable attire.

But like i said before Christianity went through a bloody age and now Islam is going through the same some would say. But you cannot generalise a whole population on religious beliefs. I welcome all refugees to the UK, they are people in need.
    Million + In Iraq ?? You cannot be serious, your saying the Iraq war was a holy war and an act of Christian terrorism..?

Nobody is generalising a whole population of people are they? The issue is Islam. Islam cannot afford to have a bloody age, at least not in the West where we are in the 21st century. We are no longer divided by borders so its imperative that western Muslims step into the 21st Century which far too many are not doing

ReputationRep:
    Million + In Iraq ?? You cannot be serious, your saying the Iraq war was a holy war and an act of Christian terrorism..?

Nobody is generalising a whole population of people are they? The issue is Islam. Islam cannot afford to have a bloody age, at least not in the West where we are in the 21st century. We are no longer divided by borders so its imperative that western Muslims step into the 21st Century which far too many are not doing
    you're

night.

ReputationRep:
    You're just not noticing the normal users. Comfirmation bias at work here.

ReputationRep:

Like you don't see many normal posts on here any more. Here are some of the TSR members you come across.

- Totally hates Islam
    - Anti immigration (we should stop anything coming into the UK since we're so self sufficient)
    - UK patriot still living in the era of the british empire when we only account for 2.3% of global GDP

We all grew up...

ReputationRep:
    Most TSR users can't decide between Charmander and Squirtle. Bulbasaur isn't popular tho. I wish Charmander was a water pokémon.

- Totally hates Islam

TSR has always had more than it's fair share of those who are susceptible to propaganda and being sheep-like in their attittudes.

It's probably because they are incapable of thinking for themselves and realising that, for every view there is a counter view that makes more sense. Unfortunately, they close their eyes and ears to common-sense.

Hopefully, most of them will mature and become free-thinkers who don't follow the predictable trends. I say 'most' because you still come across elderly people whose views remains with them throughout their lives. Of these, I would hazard that they are of average or lower intelligence than most Europeans which includes those from Britain! ;-)

ReputationRep:
    9-5 is depressing though brah. It is sucking out the human spirit.
    Try working from 9am until 8:30pm if you think 9-5 is depressing :lol:

ReputationRep:
    There are only two kinds of TSR posters: those who divide TSR posters into two groups, and those who don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Try working from 9am until 8:30pm if you think 9-5 is depressing :lol:
    Try working from 6:00am to 6:00pm every day for 21 days in a row, then take seven days off. Repeat this absurd cycle for 2 years in a row. It'll give you a whole new outlook on life.

Add
    -troll
    To the list.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a normal(ish) member

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Try working from 6:00am to 6:00pm every day for 21 days in a row, then take seven days off. Repeat this absurd cycle for 2 years in a row. It'll give you a whole new outlook on life.
    Bloody hell. To be fair the prospect of doing shifts with 7 days off is quite luring, but I doubt I could continue with it for two years.

What do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Bloody hell. To be fair the prospect of doing shifts with 7 days off is quite luring, but I doubt I could continue with it for two years.

What do you do?
    I'm in construction in Canada. I build mega projects (>$1 billion). Rotation work is pretty common. A 14:7 rotation is nice, 21:7 is frankly a killer!! "Everyday is Tuesday"

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.