Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    The one year I've failed is year I planned. All successful years have just been one idea (normally a character) and seeing where the story takes me. This year all I have is a title (The Author and the Physicist) and just gotta see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have always struggled with titles. I just call it "untitled." Maybe if/when it's done I will attempt a title. In other news, another fairly productive day today. It'll be interesting to see how long it can last. How long I can maintain the discipline and creativity.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just dropped by to say that even though 2014 was not my year and in 2015 I took a huge huge break and won't be taking part in this NaNo, it will always have a special place in my heart and I'll be back on track, not Track, ASAP. I truly salute all of you planning to write your novel this November and wish you the best of luck!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I have always struggled with titles. I just call it "untitled." Maybe if/when it's done I will attempt a title. In other news, another fairly productive day today. It'll be interesting to see how long it can last. How long I can maintain the discipline and creativity.
    Yeah I normally struggle with titles so nice to have one for once!!

Yay on another productive day. It is hard to maintain discipline...but I normally find the graph tracking progress on the site spurs me on!

(Original post by maracatinca)
    Hey guys, just dropped by to say that even though 2014 was not my year and in 2015 I took a huge huge break and won't be taking part in this NaNo, it will always have a special place in my heart and I'll be back on track, not Track, ASAP. I truly salute all of you planning to write your novel this November and wish you the best of luck!
    Wugs! Sorry got very excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm partaking! I have exams throughout the first third of the month so I know I won't get much done until after that (I've got to 1.4k with the spare time I have had so far). I'm hoping to catch up in the next two thirds!

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking part! I'm cheating slightly though... I'm writing an hour's radio drama (about 50 pages). I haven't had much practice and I thought it would be better for me to start small so I don't get discouraged. I've mapped it all out, I have started the initial scene and have a few ideas for the ending. I tend to write in 'chunks' at the weekend because I don't really have a stable timetable/environment to write everyday at a set time.

A great book for me was King's On Writing, which was also my inspiration for my English MA. I'm looking at Bird by Bird and Steering the Craft by Ursula Le Guin. I read one 'by' Bukowski but I wasn't impressed, tbh I'd rather read Neil Gaiman's tumblr.

I've been wanting to do it for ages, but always seem to wimp out in the week before it starts. I've got an idea I'm going to start planning though. Should be an interesting experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I've been wanting to do it for ages, but always seem to wimp out in the week before it starts. I've got an idea I'm going to start planning though. Should be an interesting experience.
    Camp NaNoWriMo just finished, now there's a good three months to plan.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.