Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylake)
    I'm looking to apply to read economics at LSE.

GCSE: 10A*, 2A's
    AS: Maths - 95.33% average across (C1,S1,C2)
    F.Maths - (No grade this year) (M1 94, C3 70, M2 73, S2 83) (Maybe able to not show some of those modules if need be?)
    Econ - 88%
    Chemistry - 88%
    Physics - 96.33%
    Critical Thinking - A
    General Studies - A
    (Doing EPQ: should governments break up monopolies?)
    A* predictions in basically all.
    Do you think it's worth me applying, because my Econ mark is relatively low etc I have done lots of super-curricular work towards Econ.

Also in UCAS module mrks won't be shown for me. But in teacher references the best marks of those above will be shown only...

SO what are my chances?

Thanks
    LSE asks for all your UMS marks in a separate document thing (similar to Cambridge)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does LSE have any sort of preference as to whether you are an early applicant or not, do they judge differently if you know what I mean or do they do this process at the same time so they can't distinguish between early and normal applicants.

(Original post by RahulJAG)
    Does LSE have any sort of preference as to whether you are an early applicant or not, do they judge differently if you know what I mean or do they do this process at the same time so they can't distinguish between early and normal applicants.
    I applied on Jan 14 a day before the cutoff and got an offer in February. It doesn't seem to matter. Not sure how they do it. They do send an email after 2 weeks stating that they will now be compared you to your cohorts and this stage will take up to 8 weeks. They number of offers seems to peak in February and the offers are normally made on thursdays and friday afternoons. They send you regular emails during the process advising you if have made it to the next stage. They definitely make offers from December thru to March so they don't wait for all the applicants, somehow they rank the applicants in batches. Offers are sent by email and you will receive a formal letter a few days later with the conditions and the offer holders pack. Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    no your grades are terrible, looks like bolton for you

ReputationRep:
    Cheers mate, Yh I have heard they rank the applicants in batches too, I heard they do it in terms of predicted grades. I am currently predicted 3A*s (Maths, Further M, Econ) and A (in chemistry). This could possibly change to 4A*s but my ums for chemistry is around 86%, so I am relying on the Nov tests to show my capabilities. Could LSE or any top uni decline due to predicted grades being overstated. I understand the ps should be the main deciding factor- mine is a little left wing in terms of what I say in my economics section.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.