Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to finish my second year of the BDDP course so will be applying through the internal route, fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerry93)
    I'm just about to finish my second year of the BDDP course so will be applying through the internal route, fingers crossed.
    Surely you'd be better applying for the accelerated program? That's only the last two years of the TSP.

Otherwise you'll be on another 4 years training and probably sitting out a lot with exemptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega0448)
    Surely you'd be better applying for the accelerated program? That's only the last two years of the TSP.

Otherwise you'll be on another 4 years training and probably sitting out a lot with exemptions.
    As far as I am aware we still have to apply the normal way and make it to the assessment centre stage before they consider allowing us onto the ATSP.

Also my BDDP wasn't in CT or VAT so I'm not sure if they would even accept me for the ATSP. I'll need to have a look over the guidance in work but I remember reading something a while ago that they were only really looking for CT and VAT trainees.

Either way I wouldn't mind another 4 years of training, it's a good laugh travelling all the time with all your expenses and it's great for your flexi.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I am aware we still have to apply the normal way and make it to the assessment centre stage before they consider allowing us onto the ATSP.

Also my BDDP wasn't in CT or VAT so I'm not sure if they would even accept me for the ATSP. I'll need to have a look over the guidance in work but I remember reading something a while ago that they were only really looking for CT and VAT trainees.

Either way I wouldn't mind another 4 years of training, it's a good laugh travelling all the time with all your expenses and it's great for your flexi.
    Ah you're probably right I'm on the CT program so we've been told we can apply for accelerated but you need your manager to write a recommendation. I suppose you haven't done the full book keeping if you're on EC or something like that.

I was just thinking about the pay but I think if you're a fully qualified HO then you will keep that pay if you join the TSP rather than going down to £26/27k.

Regarding applications for the ATSP I wasn't aware you have to make it to the TSP assessment centres, I thought it was a different application process entirely. As you'll have to do some bridging exams over the summer to make sure you're at the same point as a 3rd year TSP cohort.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to be rude, but can we just stick to what the thread is about ? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolpotatoe)
    I don't mean to be rude, but can we just stick to what the thread is about ? Thanks
    That does come across as quite rude.
    Also, as far as I can tell the posters are discussing topics related to the TSP programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolpotatoe)
    We are discussing the TSP. I'm asking a colleague his thoughts on applying when he's already on a development program.

ReputationRep:
    What is the thread about then exactly? I'm talking about applying for the exact same job that you are.

ReputationRep:
    What is the thread about then exactly? I'm talking about applying for the exact same job that you are.
    Well .... It's now about my comment, or is that also TSP related 😝

ReputationRep:
    Aye, if anyone's got any tips for the SJT that would be awesome. Just got rejected from the KPMG one so my confidence is a bit shaky, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Aye, if anyone's got any tips for the SJT that would be awesome. Just got rejected from the KPMG one so my confidence is a bit shaky, thanks!
    I think the most important thing to do is use common sense and try practise SJT online.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying for Belfast this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmni94)
    Is anyone applying for Belfast this year?
    Yes I will be applying for Belfast this year - I know of 3 others who are too. Good luck though :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeAcc)
    Yes I will be applying for Belfast this year - I know of 3 others who are too. Good luck though :-)
    You're a trainee accountant? How come your switching to hmrc? I'm curious as I'm going to apply for the big 4 and hmrc

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what SJT test is? The website says stage 1 tests include:
    •civil service initial sift test
    •numerical reasoning
    •verbal reasoning
    •work style questionnaire

Getting a little bit confused :-(

ReputationRep:
    This scheme sounds awesome... Wished I'd known about this much earlier. I am a qualified accountant working in the civil service but want a new challenge so may give this a go. Anyone joined the scheme as a 'mature student'? (I graduated many years ago!!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoAims)
    This scheme sounds awesome... Wished I'd known about this much earlier. I am a qualified accountant working in the civil service but want a new challenge so may give this a go. Anyone joined the scheme as a 'mature student'? (I graduated many years ago!!).
    Do you work as an accountant in your day to day job? You might be eligible to be streamed faster depending. But then again maybe not.

And yes, I'm not on the TSP myself but there are plenty of mature students, it's not all recent grads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega0448)
    Do you work as an accountant in your day to day job? You might be eligible to be streamed faster depending. But then again maybe not.

And yes, I'm not on the TSP myself but there are plenty of mature students, it's not all recent grads.
    Yes, I am already doing accountancy work. I have read previous years thread and understand it may give you certain exam exemptions but I don't mind revisiting them..glad to hear it's not all recent grads going for TSP. Need to prep myself for the tests now especially the verbal reasoning one... I'm so rusty!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for Portsmouth this year? I have completed all my stage 1 tests and waiting for the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormulaOne)
    Anyone applying for Portsmouth this year? I have completed all my stage 1 tests and waiting for the outcome.
    Portsmouth will be one of my choices as I have family there - would love to get Birmingham though

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.