Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Please. I don't want a single penny from your government. I am self sufficient.

I am Syrian so therefore Syrians are my own people?
    I did. You guys are fearful of ethnic minorities
    So it has been confirmed - you don't feel an affinity with the British people and you would prefer to care for them rather than the British homeless.
    In that case, why are you here? You clearly don't feel British or an affinity to our people and you only look out for your own. I'm not "fearful" of an ethnic minority, I'd be fearful of any stranger in my home.

I ask you this:
    How do you intend to support migrants and yourself without working and being out all day in a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Refugees yes. Migrants no.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't like people so no. I don't really want more people of foreign legacy coming into the nation so no. Someone is currently staying in my spare room so no. They wouldn't want to live where I am it is cold so no.

ReputationRep:
    Brits
    "Brits"
    Further confirming you yourself don't feel British or have an affinity with British people and have hence not integrated into our society enough that you appreciate British people as your countrymen and countrywomen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixsilver)
    So it has been confirmed - you don't feel an affinity with the British people and you would prefer to care for them rather than the British homeless.
    In that case, why are you here? You clearly don't feel British or an affinity to our people and you only look out for your own.

I ask you this:
    How do you intend to support migrants and yourself without working and being out all day in a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I never said I was British nor did I say I felt British. Mate,I'm Syrian and Italian so yes the Syrians are my own people. They come first.
    Also my financial circumstances and my personal life have got nothing to do with you. Mind your own

ReputationRep:
    Then again I guess if they are coming to in the nation regardless it would be better for them to stay with a British person like me who would force them to become British and understand its legacy, rather than some Liberals house. I may actually consider it now.

ReputationRep:
    I never said I was British nor did I say I felt British. Mate,I'm Syrian and Italian so yes the Syrians are my own people. They come first.
    Also my financial circumstances and my personal life have got nothing to do with you. Mind your own
    So why are you here?

And you refuse to answer my question, I am left to assume that you are living off handouts due to the fact that you aim to live in a house while providing for yourself and others without working?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Considering I don't owe them a dime, no I wouldn't. I would expect them to pay and work for it. I'd expect to do the same myself if I was in that scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Brits
    So you're judging people for being unwilling to let a migrant live in their home while saying you wouldn't do the same for a British homeless person? Do you not see the irony and hypocrisy in that?

Also, being homeless and being part of an ethnic minority aren't mutually exclusive. The same can be said of being British and being part of an ethnic minority.

ReputationRep:
    So why are you here?

And you refuse to answer my question, I am left to assume that you are living off handouts due to the fact that you aim to live in a house while providing for yourself and others without working?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because I want to be,freedom of movement.

Because I don't want to reveal my personal financial circumstances to a completely stranger,it means I'm on state hand outs? My parents actually left a trust fund for me and I have savings in abundance. Your governments can keep their blood money. Anyway my family are wealthy throughout,if I ever need support my family will support me financially should I run out.

ReputationRep:
    Would you open your heart and lend a spare room/share your home with any of the migrants due to come over?
    Yes. We have done in the passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Yes. We have done in the passed.
    That's so generous. May Allah reward you and your family for it

ReputationRep:
    Or instead, he could feel good about himself knowing that he doesn't need the gratitude or rewards of a God that allows natural disasters and various other atrocities to occur?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're not muslims but thank you anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Or instead, he could feel good about himself knowing that he doesn't need the gratitude or rewards of a God that allows natural disasters and various other atrocities to occur?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't involve yourself in my conversations with others. They're all a test from Allah and the storm will end one day,be patient

ReputationRep:
    We're not muslims but thank you anyway!
    Neither am I or my family but even as Christian Arabs we choose to use Allah

ReputationRep:
    Neither am I or my family but even as Christian Arabs we choose to use Allah
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Btw i don't jump on bandwagons or read much of the mainstream news. I know people are just people. Cannot judge people based upon skin or religion or whatever. We all need help at some point.

ReputationRep:
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Btw i don't jump on bandwagons or read much of the mainstream news. I know people are just people. Cannot judge people based upon skin or religion or whatever. We all need help at some point.
    Exactly. This country is racist at times

ReputationRep:
    If I had the space, I would. my house is too small for me and my family anyway, so unfortunately we cannot. I am (hopefully) moving soon, though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 19, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.