Turn on thread page Beta

Article on the concerns about Islam watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm32)
    So you seek dominance and crave acceptance of the superiority of your culture from immigrants?

It is, if you're expecting them to integrate.

If you don't want them to feel welcome, don't expect them to integrate.

But no, you want them to come but you also don't want to make accommodations for their own cultures and/or practices.
    I don't 'crave' the acceptance of the superiority of my culture from immigrants, I demand it. If somebody thinks sharia law and all the 1600-esque ideologies from the Middle East are equal to or superior than our culture and liberal democracy, they have no place on this continent. If somebody doesn't wish to abide by that, there is no reason they should even wish to come here, other than to claim benefits of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim_123)
    Because it becomes a pretty sad state of affairs when your the only person on your street who speaks fluent English.
    It's a shame the same couldn't be said for your written English.

the main problem is not only do they not try and integrate, they then try and impose a barbaric, backwards, and rediculous religion on a society that has come leaps and bounds in the last few decades. And what's worst is half the time its people who have fled sharia run states that for some unknown reason want a similar system here?!
    Do they try and integrate you into their system?

When do you ever here the polish kicking off? You don't, they come here, work, and then settle or go home. Yes there may be a few dodgy ones, but at least they don't try and impose backwards ideologies on entire communities.
    Yes, those Polish Neo-Nazi's trying to revive antisemitism.

If I was to say there was a news story involving a group of youths intimidating people for the way they were dressed, for drinking alcohol, or for being gay, in a local area, who would you think it would be
    People in the local area?

ReputationRep:
    What's the point? If I were to live in another country I would make a point of learning the local language.

But that's the British all over isn't it. We Bend over backwards for everyone but ourselves. Let's take in all these poor refugees but not spend any money on the homeless ALREADY HERE! Let's send loads of money through foreign aid, but not improve our flood defences, and then wonder why the south west drowns every bloody year!

I'm genuinely worried that there will be one small incident soon, that will spark the flames of serious civil unrest
    I'm expecting a terrorist attack soon. EU referendum will definitely result in the UK leaving the EU if this chaos continues. The Front National in France is also going to go up in popularity along with all the other far right parties in the EU. This is all fuel to the fire.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame the same couldn't be said for your written English.

Do they try and integrate you into their system?

Yes, those Polish Neo-Nazi's trying to revive antisemitism.

People in the local area?
    Wow really? It's 2352 and I'm on an iPhone with stubby thumbs.

I'm not sure how your struggling with this, how are you so blind to the problems that Islam causes in a country that is predominantly agnostic. Do you genuinely believe that this country would be better of with more Muslims?

And I'm not just hating on one culture, I feel there's a massive issue with Romani gypsies as well. They're an absolute nightmare with gangs, prostitution, using kids as pickpockets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    I don't 'crave' the acceptance of the superiority of my culture from immigrants, I demand it.
    And you also throw little tantrums when you don't get your way. A little like a deluded authoritarian...

If somebody thinks sharia law and all the 1600-esque ideologies from the Middle East are equal to or superior than our culture and liberal democracy, they have no place on this continent.
    Isn't Freedom of Speech part and parcel of a "liberal democracy"?

If somebody doesn't wish to abide by that, there is no reason they should even wish to come here, other than to claim benefits of course.
    Perhaps they just enjoy taking the piss out of you?

ReputationRep:
    And you also throw little tantrums when you don't get your way. A little like a deluded authoritarian...

I see I struck a nerve.

ReputationRep:

How is it freedom of speech when you get no punishment for turning up at a military parade and calling the soldiers "baby killers" and burning poppies. But get 6months in jail for putting bacon on a mosque?!

ReputationRep:
    Wow really? It's 2352 and I'm on an iPhone with stubby thumbs.
    Do I look like I give a crap? I'm calling you out because you tried to degrade other humans and exemplified yourself to be a model citizen.

I'm not sure how your struggling with this, how are you so blind to the problems that Islam causes in a country that is predominantly agnostic. Do you genuinely believe that this country would be better of with more Muslims?
    It stems from the fact that there is a "requirement" for them to integrate which stems from our insecurity that our culture and history is superior and we seek affirmation from people who immigrate to this country.

And I'm not just hating on one culture, I feel there's a massive issue with Romani gypsies as well. They're an absolute nightmare with gangs, prostitution, using kids as pickpockets.
    Why don't you hate on the insecurities present in your own culture and perhaps you won't have so much hate in you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    I see I struck a nerve.
    Yes, your own.

ReputationRep:
    How is it freedom of speech when you get no punishment for turning up at a military parade and calling the soldiers "baby killers" and burning poppies. But get 6months in jail for putting bacon on a mosque?!
    That incident was so disgusting. I'm appaled that they actually got jail time for that. People are entitled to put bacon on whatever building they wish. This isn't Saubi Arabia (yet). The loonies turning up at the parade should've been deported.

ReputationRep:
    Because one's political and the other is religious?

ReputationRep:
    Because one's political and the other is religious?
    It's not political when your screaming Allah Akbar.

as to your other reply. Are you honestly telling it would be better for them not to integrate. Maybe we should adopt sharia law here? How about that?

communities are all about integration, but it's pretty damn hard when you walk out of a nightclub and see a group of teenage Muslims harassing some poor girls because they aren't "dressed appropriately" and should "move on quickly". If they don't integrate into our society, and at least accept our ideals, then they tend to openly oppose such values.

End of the day, sharia law would set this country back hundreds of years. And if these people don't learn to integrate, they'll be serious problems in the next few years

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else here muslim. im muslim, i just saw this debate now. but ur kinda debating with urself. must feel good to know that ur winning a literal one sided debate.

By the way, what do u mean by integrate?? going to a club, drinking, having sex with another person everyday of the year (possibly more than 1 at a time). and ur culture is superior??? im confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koh1234)

By the way, what do u mean by integrate?? going to a club, drinking, having sex with another person everyday of the year (possibly more than 1 at a time). and ur culture is superior??? im confused.
    Suicide bombings, honour killings, male and female rape culture. Incest. Stoning women to death for adultery when they were raped. No free speech. No speaking out against the Quran whatsoever. Basing science on a book written thousands of years ago by what could be absolutely anyone. Serious social injustice in every majorly Muslim country. No democracy. Frequent civil wars and unrest. General lack of any basic human rights, civil rights, or any rights whatsoever that aren't in the Quran. I could go on but I can't be bothered.

And your culture is superior?

ReputationRep:
    Suicide bombings, honour killings, male and female rape culture. Incest. Stoning women to death for adultery when they were raped. No free speech. No speaking out against the Quran whatsoever. Basing science on a book written thousands of years ago by what could be absolutely anyone. Serious social injustice in every majorly Muslim country. No democracy. Frequent civil wars and unrest. General lack of any basic human rights, civil rights, or any rights whatsoever that aren't in the Quran. I could go on but I can't be bothered.

And your culture is superior?
    whos culture is this????

ReputationRep:
    whos culture is this????
    Those were just a few of the things I saw on a trip to the middle East a few years ago, the culture was an Islamic run, sharia enforced country

ReputationRep:
    first of all, suicide is haraam (forbidden). rape?????? the british have problems about how muslims dont go clubbing and screw everything in sight. the punishment for rape is death. there is only marriage in order to have sex. i can keep going. i dont know what u saw, mayb u were chatting out of ur ass. i think u should stop talking since what ur saying is honestly absolutely weightless as none if it is true.

ReputationRep:
    first of all, suicide is haraam (forbidden). rape?????? the british have problems about how muslims dont go clubbing and screw everything in sight. the punishment for rape is death. there is only marriage in order to have sex. i can keep going. i dont know what u saw, mayb u were chatting out of ur ass. i think u should stop talking since what ur saying is honestly absolutely weightless as none if it is true.
    Are you joking? You do realise homosexuality was pretty much born in the Middle East.

I can't find the article right now but yes, a woman was stoned to death for being raped because it was adultery.

If suicide is haram, explain every suicide bombing happening in Iraq and afghan?

And let's not forget the age old, selling your daughter off the moment she has her first period so she can be so old mans 12th wife. Something tells me you know nothing of the countries your religion is born from

ReputationRep:
    Are you joking? You do realise homosexuality was pretty much born in the Middle East.

I can't find the article right now but yes, a woman was stoned to death for being raped because it was adultery.

If suicide is haram, explain every suicide bombing happening in Iraq and afghan?

And let's not forget the age old, selling your daughter off the moment she has her first period so she can be so old mans 12th wife. Something tells me you know nothing of the countries your religion is born from
    was it rape or adultery. either way both of them are severe and so the punishment is severe. but if it was rape then she should not of been punished, from an islamic point of view.
    go and read the punishment for suicide in islam.
    also a girl cannot be married unless she agrees to it. but that doesnt mean she goes out to screw every thing that moves, then decides that shes had enough fun and decides to settle down.
    and islam was born in an era that people buried the new born babies for being female. islam gave rights to women in a time when they had literally no rights.

ReputationRep:
    was it rape or adultery. either way both of them are severe and so the punishment is severe. but if it was rape then she should not of been punished, from an islamic point of view.
    go and read the punishment for suicide in islam.
    also a girl cannot be married unless she agrees to it. but that doesnt mean she goes out to screw every thing that moves, then decides that shes had enough fun and decides to settle down.
    and islam was born in an era that people buried the new born babies for being female. islam gave rights to women in a time when they had literally no rights.
    Get clued up on the human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia, which is a wealthy country and has no excuse for such barbaric laws and values.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_...n_Saudi_Arabia
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/saudi-arabi...dullah-1484889

Britain has got a superior culture compared to Saudi Arabia.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.